Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

How did New Pal Slip So Quickly?

Guest DT

1 minute ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Not you 

Im not so sure.  He disagrees with the content and is flexing his admin muscles and making threats.  We'll see where this goes.

If he pulls the thread, I walk

3 minutes ago, Coach Harvey said:

This site is becoming tabloid-esque. Sad to see. 

Dont despair Coach Harvey.  Its a good argument.  Like many we have had on this site before.  New Pal is the new Roncalli, defending their success from outsiders who challenge their methods and processes.  The SF mitigated Roncalli's hegemony.  Perhaps the IHSAA will learn something from the CS situation and step in next time its sees the potential for similar circumstances to develop

3 minutes ago, DT said:

Dont despair Coach Harvey.  Its a good argument.  Like many we have had on this site before.  New Pal is the new Roncalli, defending their success from outsiders who challenge their methods and processes.  The SF mitigated Roncalli's hegemony.  Perhaps the IHSAA will learn something from the CS situation and step in next time its sees the potential for similar circumstances to develop

Once again though, there is nothing to "step in" on. 1. There was a move 2. The IHSAA isn't in charge of competitive balance, if they were we would seed and limit who got into the playoffs and 3. Who is to say a team like New Pal in a growing area wouldn't want to switch to a more metro conference anyways therefore taking away the whole "they blew up the HHC" argument. 

Trust me, I wasn't thrilled to see him leave, he made us better and is a great kid off the field as well. All this other nonsense is just how the chips fell in this situation.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, DT said:

I would assume Mt. Vernon has gotten some pretty good move ins since Kirschner has taken the HC job. Kids/Parents are always going to go to 1. Good school systems 2. Somewhere they feel they can win/get some college attention (if they're good enough). It's inevitable. I don't think a move from Muncie to Indy is that far fetched of an idea. You seem overly invested in this...

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

What was your point? That @DTwaited over a year and a half to comment on a transfer he disapproved of? And now a year later, after the student has graduated from High School, he still thinks the IHSAA should not allow it? Got it.

That one of the unintended consequences of open enrollment legislation regarding government schools has become a scourge to the IHSAA.  It started almost immediately with basketball (Indiana's game)  and now with football:

https://www.hoosiertimes.com/print-only-controversy-surrounding-indiana-high-school-athletic-transfers-shows-no-signs-of-abating/article_45b1e84a-6814-5055-ad1e-eefcbe4ab7aa.html

https://usatodayhss.com/2019/indiana-high-school-basketball-transfers-have-become-a-growing-problem

https://www.athleticbusiness.com/transfer-rule-challenges-increase-pressure-on-state-associations.html

Edited by Muda69

1 minute ago, Muda69 said:

What does any of this have to do with our football team this year? You know what the topic is about with the click bait headline? Los Angeles Lakers Sport GIF by NBA

6 minutes ago, olinecoach said:

Once again though, there is nothing to "step in" on. 1. There was a move 2. The IHSAA isn't in charge of competitive balance, if they were we would seed and limit who got into the playoffs and 3. Who is to say a team like New Pal in a growing area wouldn't want to switch to a more metro conference anyways therefore taking away the whole "they blew up the HHC" argument. 

Trust me, I wasn't thrilled to see him leave, he made us better and is a great kid off the field as well. All this other nonsense is just how the chips fell in this situation.

I disagree on your comment regarding the IHSAA and competitive balance.  The class structure and the SF are the two primary building blocks towards maintaining competitive balance.  They are both implemented, managed and adjusted by the IHSAA regularly to stay in tune with the ebbs and flows of competitive balance.  

I agree with your comment regarding conference affiliation.  Perhaps the NP athletic department has outgrown the HHC and needs a bigger sandbox.  There are several potential options, including Mid State, Circle City, Conference Indiana.   My guess is NP would rather stay and dominate in the HHC than stretch itself in a more competitive league.  To each their own.  

1 minute ago, DT said:

I disagree on your comment regarding the IHSAA and competitive balance.  The class structure and the SF are the two primary building blocks towards maintaining competitive balance.  They are both implemented, managed and adjusted by the IHSAA regularly to stay in tune with the ebbs and flows of competitive balance.  

I agree with your comment regarding conference affiliation.  Perhaps the NP athletic department has outgrown the HHC and needs a bigger sandbox.  There are several potential options, including Mid State, Circle City, Conference Indiana.   My guess is NP would rather stay and dominate in the HHC than stretch itself in a more competitive league.  To each their own.  

Contraction of all the HHC schools besides New Pal is the only answer

• Like 1

Just now, FridayNightLights said:

Contraction of all the HHC schools besides New Pal is the only answer

Thats silly and proves your non serious and blase' attitude towards the issue.  Schools outgrow conferences all the time.  Some stay out of convenience.  Penn would be an example of that thinking.  

15 minutes ago, DT said:

Thats silly and proves your non serious and blase' attitude towards the issue.  Schools outgrow conferences all the time.  Some stay out of convenience.  Penn would be an example of that thinking.  

With some of your comments on here it almost seems like you're trolling the board. Obviously, that quote was a joke. If Mt. Vernon goes on to win the conference for the next 5 years and continues to attract talent you'll be saying the same thing about them. This all goes back to the basic facts. Parents want their children in a good school system. Having a good coach/team that they can play for is a positive...that most likely is not the root of their decision. At the end of the day you can not control this decision to "block" the students from going to the school if the parents physically move there. You can go to many conferences where the same school wins a majority of the time. That doesn't mean all the other schools still aren't competing. I don't get your logic in wanting contraction of all these schools and conference realignments anytime something isn't going right for some schools. At the end of the day this is HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL and the lessons the kids take from it are more important than most other things they will do in life leading up to turning 18. Just aggravated in your attitude on this board at times. I know I can go read something else. Just my two cents. 

Edited by FridayNightLights

3 minutes ago, FridayNightLights said:

With some of your comments on here it almost seems like you're trolling the board. Obviously, that quote was a joke. If Mt. Vernon goes on to win the conference for the next 5 years and continues to attract talent you'll be saying the same thing about them. This all goes back to the basic facts. Parents want their children in a good school system. Having a good coach/team that they can play for is a positive...that most likely is not the root of their decision. At the end of the day you can not control this decision to "block" the students from going to the school if the parents physically move there. You can go to many conferences where the same school wins a majority of the time. That doesn't mean all the other schools still aren't competing. I don't get your logic in wanting contraction of all these schools and conference realignments anytime something isn't going right for some schools. At the end of the day this is HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL and the lessons the kids take from it are more important than most other things you will do in life leading up to turning 18. Just aggravated in your attitude on this board at times. I know I can go read something else. Just my two cents. 

Understood

In my world, I see things that are constantly evolving.  Many people dont like the concept of change, and have difficulty accepting the eventuality of change.  

Many people have brought up my school, Highland.  Talk about change.  When I was in school in the late 70s, Highland was one of the biggest schools in Lake County.  My graduation class was 526 students.  Highland reached peak enrollment in the early 80s, (around 2300) and is now down to Class 4A size with 1100 students.  But we also now play in a conference with smaller schools, so I have no issues or concerns with competitive balance issues.  Id like to see us have better athletes and more success, but its not to be because our school does not place as big of an emphasis on football as does the neighboring schools like Hobart, Lowell, Andrean, etc.  Highland is now known more for its girls sports program and for baseball.