Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Tipton - Eastbrook

4 minutes ago, Maynard111 said:

That penalty was for assisting the runner. Two of Eastbrook's coaches were just to my right when it happened and one of them had remarked about a player pulling the ball carrier right before the flag came out.

That is correct. Probably the most obvious call of the night. 

12 minutes ago, Maynard111 said:

That penalty was for assisting the runner. Two of Eastbrook's coaches were just to my right when it happened and one of them had remarked about a player pulling the ball carrier right before the flag came out.

That’s not the signal that was made.

7 minutes ago, Fballfan15 said:

That is correct. Probably the most obvious call of the night. 

Of course when you’re on the winning side of a call like that you will agree with it

1 minute ago, captainobvious said:

Good luck Tipton!!  Hope your guys keep winning!!  Would love to see that team make it to the ship!!  Very good football team. 

It’s really hard to turn the ball over a couple of times and have 25 penalties called and beat a good team like the Blue Devils!

Just now, Maynard111 said:

Yes it was.

Sideline warning is with arms extended straight out from the shoulders.

Hands down pushing out was the call 

12 minutes ago, Maynard111 said:

No it wasn't, the hands were at his side.
The official came over and explained the call to the Eastbrook coaches, the coaches had no problem with the call.

The reason I asked about the enforcement is that the penalties for the two fouls are enforced differently. Aiding the runner is a live ball foul. It almost always occurs behind the spot where the run ends, so the 5 yd penalty is enforced from the spot of the foul and the down is replayed. If there is a distance penalty involved in a sideline warning, it is enforced as of it were a dead ball foul, i.e., 5 yds from the spot where the ball is at the end of the play, and the down counts.

34 minutes ago, Bobref said:

There seems to be some disagreement on that point.

What yardage penalty was enforced, and from what spot?

5 yards from the spot so it went from 4th and 4 to I believe 4th and 6. I have no clue on if he “signaled” it correctly but I do know he called aiding on the play. 

52 minutes ago, captainobvious said:

Good luck Tipton!!  Hope your guys keep winning!!  Would love to see that team make it to the ship!!  Very good football team. 

Will be interesting to see if the re-alignment has Tipton and Eastbrook in the same Sectional again next year. Both teams return a nice core next year. As for this year, I think we have a great chance to get to Semi-State but Lapel and whoever the Regional opponent will be no walk in the park.

12 minutes ago, Fballfan15 said:

Will be interesting to see if the re-alignment has Tipton and Eastbrook in the same Sectional again next year. Both teams return a nice core next year. As for this year, I think we have a great chance to get to Semi-State but Lapel and whoever the Regional opponent will be no walk in the park.

I think you guys will make it to semi vs. Andrean.  Best of luck!

Well even though I didn't get to see Eastbrook play all season (thanks Covid), I am skeptical that this QB was the player he was built up to be on here.  I was told Eastbrook was pretty much better across the board this season and they don't even make the sectional championship game after making the semistate (once) or state (thrice) each of the last four years.  Something doesn't add up.  Not sure the Eastbrook fans here fully appreciated what they lost from last season.  

Hopefully that means Tipton is that good.  As I mentioned before, they've had some bad luck and unfavorable brackets in recent years.  They deserve a good run.

Also, blaming the officials is becoming somewhat of a habit for some.  

• Like 2
  • Disdain 1

9 hours ago, captainobvious said:

5 yards.  #44 was the call 

That call is made so inconsistently they need to remove it.  Takes guts to throw that flag on forth down or goal line.  

Rememeber the “Bush Push” vs ND back in the day?  Officials did the right thing... swallowed their whistles.

We (correctly applied) we called for this exact call this year as well.    Not the "bush push" version, our OL grabbed the RB arm as he was getting tackled by a couple defenders from the front to "help" him get loose from those defender to gain more yards.    It looked pretty funny on film... not going to lie 

On 10/31/2020 at 3:12 AM, XStar said:

Well even though I didn't get to see Eastbrook play all season (thanks Covid), I am skeptical that this QB was the player he was built up to be on here.  I was told Eastbrook was pretty much better across the board this season and they don't even make the sectional championship game after making the semistate (once) or state (thrice) each of the last four years.  Something doesn't add up.  Not sure the Eastbrook fans here fully appreciated what they lost from last season.  

Hopefully that means Tipton is that good.  As I mentioned before, they've had some bad luck and unfavorable brackets in recent years.  They deserve a good run.

Also, blaming the officials is becoming somewhat of a habit for some.  

50-71 for 1,088 yards and 28 Total TD’s and 4 TD’s in the final game isn’t good enough??  Get a clue or get your facts straight man.

On 11/1/2020 at 9:11 PM, fanoffootball55 said:

50-71 for 1,088 yards and 28 Total TD’s and 4 TD’s in the final game isn’t good enough??  Get a clue or get your facts straight man.

Congrats on beating the hell out of the powerful CIC.  I don't think their trophy case is going to look much different after this season though.  

The problem isn't the facts.  It's that you don't know which facts are relevant.  Winning trumps stats every day of the week.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...