Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

TWO HUGE OPPORTUNITIES Lie Ahead

13 minutes ago, temptation said:

Let’s not throw dirt on the HCC just yet.  Yes, Zionsville and Westfield will be big underdogs but next weekend is a huge litmus test for the Hoosier Crossroads Conference.

Against 2 of the better teams in the country. 2 teams that could only be stopped by each other. I don’t know if it’s proper to call this a litmus test. Unless keeping it respectable is passing?

5 minutes ago, Staxawax said:

Against 2 of the better teams in the country. 2 teams that could only be stopped by each other. I don’t know if it’s proper to call this a litmus test. Unless keeping it respectable is passing?

Stranger things have happened.  I like what I saw out of Westfield and Zionsville tonight.

21 minutes ago, temptation said:

Stranger things have happened.  I like what I saw out of Westfield and Zionsville tonight.

I watched a down Avon team dismantle Zionsville team just a month ago...they have zero chance in this one

The biggest surprise of all is that we are talking about Westfield and Zionsville being the two top programs in the HCC.  Thats exactly where they are now and where they will be slotted heading into next season.  

7 minutes ago, DT said:

The biggest surprise of all is that we are talking about Westfield and Zionsville being the two top programs in the HCC.  Thats exactly where they are now and where they will be slotted heading into next season.  

Substitute Brownsburg for Zionsville.

58 minutes ago, DT said:

Avon will reload. They will have an outstanding sophomore QB to lead the way. Point being, it’s OK for the HCC to have more than 2 outstanding teams.

2 hours ago, BigBH said:

I watched a down Avon team dismantle Zionsville team just a month ago...they have zero chance in this one

Dismantled? I don’t know about that game. I feel like that was a one possession game until the very end. Zionsville passed for about 250 yards that’s night

4 minutes ago, Indiana Fan said:

Dismantled? I don’t know about that game. I feel like that was a one possession game until the very end. Zionsville passed for about 250 yards that’s night

This is correct! I believe Zionsville was down a score, with the ball with around 5 minutes left in the 4th. Avon was the better team that night, but to say Zionsville was dismantled is just crazy. 

5 hours ago, BigBH said:

Ah, I forgot that teams don’t get better over the course of a month.  My mistake.  Thanks for setting me straight.  Man, you really know football...

I'm willing to bet that Westfield is a much different team now than they were when they were waxed by Cathedral in week one. They are the underdog against CG for sure, but honestly, it wouldn't surprise me Westfield won this game. Sagarin has CG by 14.........I'll take the Shamrocks to cover.

I feel like Cathedral's best competition in 5a emptied their lockers a week ago. Zionsville is in big trouble. Good for them for getting there, but this game won't be close. I don't think it will be a total embarrassment, but I like the IRISH by three touchdowns. 

12 minutes ago, BTF said:

I'm willing to bet that Westfield is a much different team now than they were when they were waxed by Cathedral in week one. They are the underdog against CG for sure, but honestly, it wouldn't surprise me Westfield won this game. Sagarin has CG by 14.........I'll take the Shamrocks to cover.

I feel like Cathedral's best competition in 5a emptied their lockers a week ago. Zionsville is in big trouble. Good for them for getting there, but this game won't be close. I don't think it will be a total embarrassment, but I like the IRISH by three touchdowns. 

Wait, the team that Zionsville beat, forcing them to clean out their lockers a week ago was Cathedral’s best 5a competition?

Bold take.

• Like 1

I don't think there's anything bold about it. Zionsville beating Dwenger was clearly an upset. Watch the game again. In the end it really doesn't matter, no one is beating Cathedral. But Dwenger would have given them a closer game than Decatur Central, Whiteland, and Castle did. The Irish will do to Zionsville what they did to the other three. Cathedral/Dwenger would have looked something like 28-14.

8 hours ago, temptation said:

I, too, was quite impressed with Westfield. Their QB was the best player on the field last night. And I could see during the warmup period that they were incredibly loose and unintimidated. That speaks to excellent coaching. Their passing attack is fairly sophisticated. I look for them to have some success in the passing game if they can protect.

2 hours ago, BTF said:

I don't think there's anything bold about it. Zionsville beating Dwenger was clearly an upset. Watch the game again. In the end it really doesn't matter, no one is beating Cathedral. But Dwenger would have given them a closer game than Decatur Central, Whiteland, and Castle did. The Irish will do to Zionsville what they did to the other three. Cathedral/Dwenger would have looked something like 28-14.

I wouldn't call Zionsville beating Dwenger an upset.  That was probably a pick em game.  But absolutely no way, unless Cathedral took the night off would Dwenger stay within 2 TDs of the Irish.  Neither will Zionsville. 

7 minutes ago, dmizers3 said:

I wouldn't call Zionsville beating Dwenger an upset.  That was probably a pick em game.  But absolutely no way, unless Cathedral took the night off would Dwenger stay within 2 TDs of the Irish.  Neither will Zionsville. 

Respectfully disagree. The HCC's 5th best team beating the SAC's best was definitely an upset. Dwenger traveled two hours and Zionsville played catchup the entire game despite several Dwenger turnovers. Cathedral beating Dwenger by two touchdowns, I agree is debatable. Cathedral is arguably the states best team playing in 5a. No one is in their league. 

3 hours ago, BTF said:

Two words on the difference between now and the Cathedral game for Westfield - Maximus Webster. He was the second string QB in that game, and the following game against Harrison. I'm not saying Westfield would have won that game, but I'm certain it would have been much closer. Also, Westfield's defense is definitely improved over that game.

I watched the Westfield/Homestead game. I was impressed with the Shamrocks. Make no mistake, Homestead has a pretty good team and the game wasn't close. And what they did to Merrillville Friday night was equally impressive. Good luck to them against CG.........I think it will be a good game. 

1 hour ago, dmizers3 said:

I thought Dwenger was the better team than Zionsville. Killer unforced turnovers and a questionable DPI on the last drive kept the Eagles alive. 

1 hour ago, BTF said:

Respectfully disagree. The HCC's 5th best team beating the SAC's best was definitely an upset. Dwenger traveled two hours and Zionsville played catchup the entire game despite several Dwenger turnovers. Cathedral beating Dwenger by two touchdowns, I agree is debatable. Cathedral is arguably the states best team playing in 5a. No one is in their league. 

The “SAC’s best” struggled with the bottom of the HCC in 2019 and was beaten by the HCC two consecutive postseasons now.  It’s a trend.

The gap from the HCC to the SAC may actually be bigger than the gap from the MIC to the HCC.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, temptation said:

Ah, I forgot that teams don’t get better over the course of a month.  My mistake.  Thanks for setting me straight.  Man, you really know football...

some do some don't....doesn't matter in this game but you keep angrily defending your lame post.

13 minutes ago, temptation said:

And Zionsville obviously HAS gotten better, hence why they are playing this weekend.

it appears they have....notching W's against big name's Dwenger and Valpo certainly something for the program to be proud of.