Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

$90 to attend all 6 games

Watch on FS Indiana at my parents house as I don't think I can get it at my house. We are state liners so depending where you live, you get FS Ohio & FS Detroit or you get FS IN & FSOH/Cincy. Definitely tuning in to both 11am games Friday & Saturday. Family member was the first female kicker/player to ever score points for FW BL football and of course the county rivals which a good portion of my family has attended (not me though) SA. 

20 hours ago, The TW said:

Has anything been released about the number of tickets that will be sold?  I assume they will meet the demand but just wanted to make sure.

I haven't heard this, but I seriously doubt that they will sell the same number per school as in the past. Westfield in 2016 for the 5A title game was packed on the home team side, end zone to end zone. Unless they open up the upper seats, I don't see how they can sell even close to that many tickets and allow for all of the distancing that is required.

3 hours ago, WestfieldRocks said:

I haven't heard this, but I seriously doubt that they will sell the same number per school as in the past. Westfield in 2016 for the 5A title game was packed on the home team side, end zone to end zone. Unless they open up the upper seats, I don't see how they can sell even close to that many tickets and allow for all of the distancing that is required.

Since seats are reserved, it shouldn't be hard for distancing if everyone stays in their assigned seats.

45 minutes ago, PHJIrish said:

I don't know if Cathedral has sold their allotment to parents yet.  If there were any leftovers they were to be sold on Friday to the general public.

Tomorrow Cathedral tickets are available for sale only for senior's and juniors parents (football / cheer only).

Wednesday goes for sophomores / freshman

Friday for students, staff, then general public for what is left.  

On 11/22/2020 at 2:59 PM, The TW said:

Has anything been released about the number of tickets that will be sold?  I assume they will meet the demand but just wanted to make sure.

From Indy Star's Kyle NeddenRiep's Twitter account. So 7,000 fans max. I don't thing that is too bad, all things considered:

From state football finals meeting today on attendance (as it stands now): each of 12 schools will receive 3,500 tickets. Tickets that go unsold by schools will go on sale an hour before kickoff for each game of state finals on Fri., Sat. Stadium will be cleared after each game.
Should add, this is pending if Marion County stays in orange zone. If red, attendance would be scaled back.
Edited by WestfieldRocks
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, WestfieldRocks said:

Westfield has a map of the west side of LOS, which will be their side of the stadium. I can't figure out how to copy it here. However, it shows seats in the entire first two levels, plus some in the third level. Seats go half way into each end zone, with one end zone having seats in both the lower and second levels.

To copy it:

1. Save it on your computer as a PDF or picture.
  2. Open a post.
  3. Type in whatever text you want.
  4. Click on this link here image.png.5e9b386ff1e81404eb45de083d5af88e.png
  5. Select the file from your computer and click OK.
  6. Then submit reply.

That should do it.

17 hours ago, foxbat said:

To copy it:

1. Save it on your computer as a PDF or picture.
  2. Open a post.
  3. Type in whatever text you want.
  4. Click on this link here image.png.5e9b386ff1e81404eb45de083d5af88e.png
  5. Select the file from your computer and click OK.
  6. Then submit reply.

That should do it.

Thanks! I had already saved it as a pdf file, but never saw the "choose files" link in the reply section. Duh!

Here it is:

State-Finals-Ticket-Purchase-Registration.pdf

• Like 1

Will there be a designated entry gate for each school?  I have been told that there will be temperature checks if not waivers to be signed.  Hopefully there will not be a long backup from this.  How long are clean ups between the games?  Does anyone know.  I can't seem to find any of this kind of information.

23 hours ago, PHJIrish said:

Will there be a designated entry gate for each school?  I have been told that there will be temperature checks if not waivers to be signed.  Hopefully there will not be a long backup from this.  How long are clean ups between the games?  Does anyone know.  I can't seem to find any of this kind of information.

North semi-state representatives enter the west gates for the first and last games each day. South semi-state representatives enter the east gates for the same games.  The middle game each day will use the north and south gates.

I think anyone going to the game field has to have a temp check. Not sure about each fan entering the spectator levels.

Cleanup between games could be about an hour.  That is why the upper level is not open.  It would add more time for cleaning.

1 hour ago, HoopsCoach said:

North semi-state representatives enter the west gates for the first and last games each day. South semi-state representatives enter the east gates for the same games.  The middle game each day will use the north and south gates.

I think anyone going to the game field has to have a temp check. Not sure about each fan entering the spectator levels.

Cleanup between games could be about an hour.  That is why the upper level is not open.  It would add more time for cleaning.

Thanks for that information!  It helps a lot.

Seems strange sitting here this morning and not packing and leaving for the weekend but it is what it is.    After attending the finals for 30 straight years, I will be at home watching them on TV while understanding that it is best for me at this time.   However, I am optimistic that next Thanksgiving weekend I will be back with my gang spending a weekend watching great high school football.

• Like 2