Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Kentucky - Potential 5th Year Seniors

hate all of that

Thankfully we had a state who pushed through this year and has been very successful in operating throughout the year.  

Kuddos to all from IHSAA, down to all players and everyone in between.  It takes everyone to be on same page to pull of what Indiana as done thus far 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

hate all of that

Thankfully we had a state who pushed through this year and has been very successful in operating throughout the year.  

Kuddos to all from IHSAA, down to all players and everyone in between.  It takes everyone to be on same page to pull of what Indiana as done thus far 

Agreed.  Hate every bit of this.

1 hour ago, Whiting89 said:

Good idea considering ncaa is giving everyone a free year

Apples to oranges.  If you are in college, you can enroll in a master's program or find another university via the graduate transfer rules.

If I have completed my education at Rural County High, why wouldn't I try to go play at Covington Catholic or Louisville Trinity? 

Kentucky just can't bring themselves to admit Andy Beshear done messed up.  (Maybe I should re-take senior level English? LOL)  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Obi-Wan said:

Nope, Nope, Nope. I am so glad that we played this year. If they didn't want to deal with issues like this then they should have taken the chance and allowed their student athletes to play.

They’ve now reduced the magical number to 3ft in our school.  Contact tracing in our school, in our county and in our surrounding counties has stopped. Based on the last 6 months, kids aren’t getting it at school.  Thank God We are Hoosiers!!!

on another note, I did hear of a local player who has moved to Illinois after our season for round 2 of his senior year of Hs football 😂

1 hour ago, oldtimeqb said:

Apples to oranges.  If you are in college, you can enroll in a master's program or find another university via the graduate transfer rules.

If I have completed my education at Rural County High, why wouldn't I try to go play at Covington Catholic or Louisville Trinity? 

Kentucky just can't bring themselves to admit Andy Beshear done messed up.  (Maybe I should re-take senior level English? LOL)  

I think this geared for other sports where scholarship spots are few and far between for example golf and baseball a lot of ncaa players stayed an extra year reducing scholarships available for class of 2021 hs players.

2 hours ago, Purdue Pete said:

They’ve now reduced the magical number to 3ft in our school.  Contact tracing in our school, in our county and in our surrounding counties has stopped. Based on the last 6 months, kids aren’t getting it at school.  Thank God We are Hoosiers!!!

on another note, I did hear of a local player who has moved to Illinois after our season for round 2 of his senior year of Hs football 😂

Eh, I receive approximately five e-mails every week from Western about new cases in the school corporation. 

37 minutes ago, AG said:

Eh, I receive approximately five e-mails every week from Western about new cases in the school corporation. 

Without a doubt school age kids get it.  Then they COME to school.  They get tested couple days later.  Positive.  Emails go out.  3 months ago anyone that had sat within 6ft of them would be quarantined for 14 days.  Today no one is quarantined from the school.  This is because due to masks, cleaning, etc the kids are not spreading it to each other at school.  Hence no reason to quarantine students.  “Kids aren’t GETTING it at school.”

15 hours ago, AG said:

I get those as well but the number of kids has dropped drastically and from talking with teachers in the building it's the kids bringing it into the buildings. I teach at Kokomo and for a school our size we haven't had near the issues with it.

18 hours ago, Purdue Pete said:

3ft now in our school also which has allowed us to go from a Hybrid schedule to everyone in the building.  So far so good.