Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

March Madness Covid style

Irishman

OK....who you got winning it all? Illinois was playing GREAT ball at the end of the season, and I like the draw they have. 

Playing the WHOLE thing in Indy is a bit much in my mind. It would have made more sense to do 4 sites; one for each region. To me, a team like Gonzaga has a HUGE disadvantage being so far out of their time zone. 

Talk shows are talking about a LOT of upsets, but I have to think with minimal crowds, they are less likely. The common theme for many of the upsets over the years is to draw in a crowd rooting for other teams that are at the game, to start rooting for the underdog. 

Interesting to see some familiar names not dancing this year. Duke and UK missing are enough to offset my disappointment in the Hoosiers season 😄

Not many upsets in day 2. Day 1 though....3 lower seeds win in Baylor's bracket.

I had a perfect day going today on my ESPN bracket until Ohio U won. 

Funny that 5 B1G teams get games at Mackey (none at IU though).....thought that would be an advantage since they all play there once a year, but that did not work out so well for Michigan State or Ohio State. 

To this point, Jaden Ivey is the most dynamic player I have seen in this tournament; and he is just a freshman. 

I know the B1G has a history of tournament disappointment, but I am not sure I remember a time when the conference was hyped in the media as much as it was this year and to flop like this. It was a really tough year to tell with everyone just playing in conference games. Michigan has a tough battle tonight with LSU. Without Livers, they may be in trouble. The common excuse for the conference is that these teams beat each other up throughout the season. Well, it was a shorter season. but for the most part, they are games these teams should not have lost, and there have been a few blowouts too. 

I am curious if the 8 teams from yesterday's games will stay in Indy for the week? It seems like an obvious thing for the winners from today's games though, especially the West coast teams. 

Speaking of the West coast, the PAC 12 has been impressive. 

On 3/20/2021 at 9:54 PM, Irishman said:

Not many upsets in day 2. Day 1 though....3 lower seeds win in Baylor's bracket.

I had a perfect day going today on my ESPN bracket until Ohio U won. 

Funny that 5 B1G teams get games at Mackey (none at IU though).....thought that would be an advantage since they all play there once a year, but that did not work out so well for Michigan State or Ohio State. 

To this point, Jaden Ivey is the most dynamic player I have seen in this tournament; and he is just a freshman. 

So far I have been impressed with Cameron Krutwig.   He's the big man for Loyola.  Illinois had no answer for this guy.  19 points, 15 rebounds, 5 assists, and 4 steals.  

• Like 1