Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Open Club  ·  46 members  ·  Free

OOB v2.0

Gun Control - Front and center again.

swordfish

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/23/politics/biden-gun-control-colorado-atlanta/index.html

The President seems adamant the gun control  bills just out of Congress will save our Country from any more mass shootings.  Which is FALSE.  Neither of the laws would have stopped either the Atlanta or Boulder shooters.  While I can agree in principle to the Universal Background Checks, I am still waiting on an official "Assault Weapons" definition before I can have any support for a ban.  

• Kill me now 1

• 1 month later...

So, the City of a Chicago has filed suit against Westforth’s in Gary, claiming that the store is funneling guns to Illinois gunslingers through “straw man” purchases. 

https://abc7chicago.com/gary-gun-store-chicago-lawsuit-sues-westforth-sports/10550506/

This is “scapegoat-ism” at its finest. But I’m interested to see what happens in the initial legal skirmishing, because Indiana law prohibits any person from bringing or maintaining an action against a firearms or ammunition manufacturer, trade association, or seller for:

Recovery of damages resulting from, or injunctive relief or abatement of a nuisance relating to, the lawful design, manufacture, marketing or sale of a firearm or ammunition; or

Recovery of damages resulting from the criminal or unlawful misuse of a firearm or ammunition by a third party.

Furthermore, if a court finds that a party has brought an action under a theory of recovery described above, the finding constitutes conclusive evidence that the action is groundless. Upon this finding, a court shall dismiss the claims or action and award to the defendant any reasonable attorney’s fee and costs incurred in defending the claims or action.

In addition, a person is immune from civil liability based on an act or omission related to the use of a firearm or ammunition by another person if the other person directly or indirectly obtained the firearm or ammunition through the commission of a burglary, robbery, theft, receiving stolen property, or criminal conversion.

13 hours ago, Bobref said:

So, the City of a Chicago has filed suit against Westforth’s in Gary, claiming that the store is funneling guns to Illinois gunslingers through “straw man” purchases. 

https://abc7chicago.com/gary-gun-store-chicago-lawsuit-sues-westforth-sports/10550506/

This is “scapegoat-ism” at its finest. But I’m interested to see what happens in the initial legal skirmishing, because Indiana law prohibits any person from bringing or maintaining an action against a firearms or ammunition manufacturer, trade association, or seller for:

Recovery of damages resulting from, or injunctive relief or abatement of a nuisance relating to, the lawful design, manufacture, marketing or sale of a firearm or ammunition; or

Recovery of damages resulting from the criminal or unlawful misuse of a firearm or ammunition by a third party.

Furthermore, if a court finds that a party has brought an action under a theory of recovery described above, the finding constitutes conclusive evidence that the action is groundless. Upon this finding, a court shall dismiss the claims or action and award to the defendant any reasonable attorney’s fee and costs incurred in defending the claims or action.

In addition, a person is immune from civil liability based on an act or omission related to the use of a firearm or ammunition by another person if the other person directly or indirectly obtained the firearm or ammunition through the commission of a burglary, robbery, theft, receiving stolen property, or criminal conversion.

Westforth's doesn't want to make any money,  they just want to sell guns.

• Confused 1