Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

IHSAA Futures...(The MIC)

One of my favorite childhood pastimes in the summer as I geared up for college football was purchasing every preview magazine known to man and reading them cover to cover as the season approached.

With the expansion of the transfer portal making preseason projections difficult and as an adult, I don’t have as much time on my hands as I used to, lol.

That being said, one of my new favorite ways to fill that void is to look at futures bets that are revealed in Vegas every June.

To pass time and the remaining summer months, I figured I would do something similar on here and get others’ take.

I don’t have a favorite school so I’ll just post some central Indiana ones as I look through schedules.  Feel free to comment with your projections or post your areas schools for others to comment upon.

Also feel free your favorite school and give an honest over under number in terms of wins (regular season and postseason combined).

The MIC:

Ben Davis:  O/U 6.5

Carmel:  O/U 10.5

Center Grove:  O/U 12.5

Lawrence Central:  O/U 3.5

Lawrence North:  O/U 4.5

North Central:  O/U 4.5

Pike:  O/U 2.5

Warren Central:  O/U 9.5

http://scoreboard.homestead.com/football/teams.htm#loaded

Edited by temptation

6 hours ago, temptation said:

One of my favorite childhood pastimes in the summer as I geared up for college football was purchasing every preview magazine known to man and reading them cover to cover as the season approached.

With the expansion of the transfer portal making preseason projections difficult and as an adult, I don’t have as much time on my hands as I used to, lol.

That being said, one of my new favorite ways to fill that void is to look at futures bets that are revealed in Vegas every June.

To pass time and the remaining summer months, I figured I would do something similar on here and get others’ take.

I don’t have a favorite school so I’ll just post some central Indiana ones as I look through schedules.  Feel free to comment with your projections or post your areas schools for others to comment upon.

Also feel free your favorite school and give an honest over under number in terms of wins (regular season and postseason combined).

The MIC:

Based on what is coming back and if all stay healthy, I believe:

- Ben Davis goes 6-3 or 7-2 in the regular season and wins their Sectional, possibly the Regional.  Semi-State is the ceiling as CG has one more loaded team to walk the halls in Greenwood.  I like them at 8-4.

- Carmel I believe finishes 7-2 and wins their Sectional and Regional before bowing out to CG in the Semi-State.  I believe they'll finish 10-3.

- Center Grove I believe runs the table and finishes 14-0 as repeat 6A Champions.

- Lawrence Central finishes at 1-9.

- Lawrence North finishes at 3-6 in the regular season.

- North Central finishes at 5-4 in the regular season and is a legit threat to win their Sectional.

- Pike finishes 3-6 in the regular season.

- Warren Central finishes 6-3 or 5-4 in the regular season.  I think they get the win against BD (barely) to put them at 6-3 and I see them winning their Sectional, though NC will be a serious challenger.  WC bows out in the Regional.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HoosierFB_JG said:

Based on what is coming back and if all stay healthy, I believe:

- Ben Davis goes 6-3 or 7-2 in the regular season and wins their Sectional, possibly the Regional.  Semi-State is the ceiling as CG has one more loaded team to walk the halls in Greenwood.  I like them at 8-4.

- Carmel I believe finishes 7-2 and wins their Sectional and Regional before bowing out to CG in the Semi-State.  I believe they'll finish 10-3.

- Center Grove I believe runs the table and finishes 14-0 as repeat 6A Champions.

- Lawrence Central finishes at 1-9.

- Lawrence North finishes at 3-6 in the regular season.

- North Central finishes at 5-4 in the regular season and is a legit threat to win their Sectional.

- Pike finishes 3-6 in the regular season.

- Warren Central finishes 6-3 or 5-4 in the regular season.  I think they get the win against BD (barely) to put them at 6-3 and I see them winning their Sectional, though NC will be a serious challenger.  WC bows out in the Regional.

Center Grove 14-0 👀👀

On 6/20/2021 at 10:11 AM, temptation said:

The MIC:

I think this is a very honest assessment.

1 hour ago, Jon said:

Center Grove Defense  o/u.
Numbers below are 2020 averages so the question is will this year’s CG defense be good as or better than last year.

Avg. Rushing yards allowed p/g: 45
Avg. Passing yards allowed p/g: 122
Avg. Points allowed p/g:  7.6

I’m going to say over on all three, not because I do not believe this team could be superior to that one but often you see complacency set in when a team is defending a championship.

It happens at all levels and I don’t expect high school kids to be immune.

5 hours ago, Jon said:

Center Grove Defense  o/u.
Numbers below are 2020 averages so the question is will this year’s CG defense be good as or better than last year.

Avg. Rushing yards allowed p/g: 45
Avg. Passing yards allowed p/g: 122
Avg. Points allowed p/g:  7.6

In truth I think better.  The weaks  part of last year defense was the secondary, not to say they where not good but over all on the defensive that was the weaks position group.  This years team looks to have a hell of a secondary a front four that would have any small college in the state worried about them  let alone high school.  The only kind of question is the Linebackers they will be all first year varsity starters.  So I feel at worst they would be an Avg CG linebacker group and as shown over the years that is still very good group