Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Irish Eyes are Smiling

BTF

With the help of new defensive coordinator and recruiting expert Marcus Freeman, Notre Dame's class of 2022 has just moved into the #2 position behind Ohio State. It's still early, but at a minimum, the Irish are expected to hold onto a Top 5 spot. Notre Dame already has 11 four star athletes committed for 2022 and just got one from a 5-star for the class of 2023. Recruiting services are saying the Irish haven't had an influx of this kind of talent in a long time and that Notre Dame is teetering on Bama, Clemson, and OSU status.  Freeman's 1.6 million dollar salary is already paying dividends. 

Go Irish!

31 minutes ago, BTF said:

With the help of new defensive coordinator and recruiting expert Marcus Freeman, Notre Dame's class of 2022 has just moved into the #2 position behind Ohio State. It's still early, but at a minimum, the Irish are expected to hold onto a Top 5 spot. Notre Dame already has 11 four star athletes committed for 2022 and just got one from a 5-star for the class of 2023. Recruiting services are saying the Irish haven't had an influx of this kind of talent in a long time and that Notre Dame is teetering on Bama, Clemson, and OSU status.  Freeman's 1.6 million dollar salary is already paying dividends. 

Go Irish!

That's a start.  Commonly known is, historically, ND doesn't pay their assistants top dollar.  ND is light years away from the "big 3" and as long as they don't lessen their standards, I am 100% fine with that.

39 minutes ago, DE said:

That's a start.  Commonly known is, historically, ND doesn't pay their assistants top dollar.  ND is light years away from the "big 3" and as long as they don't lessen their standards, I am 100% fine with that.

I agree that I'd rather see Notre Dame dubbed as a Top Ten program with great student athletes than a Top 4 with no standards. But I wouldn't say they are "light years" behind the "big 3." To me light years means getting wasted by 4 or 5 touchdowns. If we're putting a score on it, I'd say they're 14-17 points behind. 

• Like 1