Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

WIC Week 1

Friday Night LIghts are finally back!! The WIC doesn't have a lot of fans on here but I'm trying to change that! Looking forward to a great conference season and see which teams surprise us this year!!

Games in Week 1:

Friday, Aug. 20
Brown County at Owen Valley, 7 pm
Cloverdale at South Putnam ©, 7 pm
Greencastle at Crawfordsville, 7 pm
Indian Creek at Batesville, 7 pm
Mitchell at Edgewood, 7 pm
North Knox at Sullivan, 7 pm
North Putnam at North Montgomery, 7 pm
Northview at Terre Haute North, 7 pm
Washington at West Vigo, 7 pm

I'll post my predictions later this week.

13 hours ago, wvigo13 said:

Friday Night LIghts are finally back!! The WIC doesn't have a lot of fans on here but I'm trying to change that! Looking forward to a great conference season and see which teams surprise us this year!!

Games in Week 1:

Friday, Aug. 20

I'll post my predictions later this week.

Curious to see how my former Mustangs open up with a new coaching regime and scheme after having so much consistency the past decade or so after Bland and Rosie. Hope the transition goes smooth.

Also looking forward to the Washington-West Vigo match up for obvious reasons. We graduated our stud QB who's going to be playing baseball up in your neck oft he woods at ISU. Very curious to see what the offense looks like after relying on his athleticism last year. What're your expectations for the Vikings this year?

10 hours ago, OldHatchetHog76 said:

Curious to see how my former Mustangs open up with a new coaching regime and scheme after having so much consistency the past decade or so after Bland and Rosie. Hope the transition goes smooth.

Also looking forward to the Washington-West Vigo match up for obvious reasons. We graduated our stud QB who's going to be playing baseball up in your neck oft he woods at ISU. Very curious to see what the offense looks like after relying on his athleticism last year. What're your expectations for the Vikings this year?

You coming up for the game Friday night? I will be there.

I'm not sure what to expect. West Vigo returns 16 starters. The skill guys all return and both QBs return. WV used a 2 QB system last year and it didn't work too well. Coach Cobb said he was gonna name a starter this week so I'm curious to see who he chooses. Marrs would be my choice, I think he has the better arm and touch. Had a really nice TD pass in the scrimmage. He had the most success last season too. Defense might be a work in progress. Not sure what is back on that side of the ball. I know they have a few new guys out that haven't played in years prior. Carter Murphy a 6'3" 230lb WR/TE who also plays baseball is back this year. He should be a nice weapon for whoever the QB is. I'm looking forward to this game. Should be a good one!!

Good luck to your Hatchets!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, wvigo13 said:

You coming up for the game Friday night? I will be there.

I'm not sure what to expect. West Vigo returns 16 starters. The skill guys all return and both QBs return. WV used a 2 QB system last year and it didn't work too well. Coach Cobb said he was gonna name a starter this week so I'm curious to see who he chooses. Marrs would be my choice, I think he has the better arm and touch. Had a really nice TD pass in the scrimmage. He had the most success last season too. Defense might be a work in progress. Not sure what is back on that side of the ball. I know they have a few new guys out that haven't played in years prior. Carter Murphy a 6'3" 230lb WR/TE who also plays baseball is back this year. He should be a nice weapon for whoever the QB is. I'm looking forward to this game. Should be a good one!!

Good luck to your Hatchets!

Sadly, no I will not be in attendance. I'm a displaced Hatchet alum who lives in Louisville, KY now. Haven't made the trip to West Terre Haute since my sophomore year of HS (when I attended Edgewood) back in 2010. Y'all whipped us pretty good that year. You guys seemed massive up front and had a fullback who I'm still convinced was at least 22 years old lol

Fingers crossed that both teams make it out healthy. And, best of luck to tour Vikings this year!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, OldHatchetHog76 said:

Sadly, no I will not be in attendance. I'm a displaced Hatchet alum who lives in Louisville, KY now. Haven't made the trip to West Terre Haute since my sophomore year of HS (when I attended Edgewood) back in 2010. Y'all whipped us pretty good that year. You guys seemed massive up front and had a fullback who I'm still convinced was at least 22 years old lol

Fingers crossed that both teams make it out healthy. And, best of luck to tour Vikings this year!

2010 would have been my senior season. We were loaded with seniors that year. We've always kinda had a rivalry with Edgewood. I don't think it's as big with football as it is with basketball and baseball. But I do love that red turf they have now lol. 

It should be a really good game Friday night. Hatchets had a solid season last year. I'm looking forward to playing a school around our size instead of North Central who we've opened with the last few years. 

• Like 1

Glad to see a WIC thread early in the week, hopefully with more participation this season! 

I see W's for: 

OV, SP, IC, Sullivan and Edgewood

Tough week one matchups for the rest of the field. 

I would expect to see a win for Greencastle as they hopefully find an identity this season on offense in the absence of their qb.

Hopefully the Cougars can make a 360 from last years season of disorder for lack of better words and find their groove with what should be a capable team. 

A hard season opener as always for Northview who hopefully grinds out the W. 

Looks like it could be a tight matchup for West Vigo as well, a lot of good players last year it will be interesting to see how they fill some holes. 

Friday, Aug. 20

Just my predictions. 

2 hours ago, wvigo13 said:

West Vigo and Washington game was canceled. Washington has too many kids out with Covid cases. Game likely won't be made up.

Statement from the school said there was no evidence that points towards the illnesses being COVID-19 related. Sad to see for both ends. Was really looking forward to this match up.

16 hours ago, OldHatchetHog76 said:

Statement from the school said there was no evidence that points towards the illnesses being COVID-19 related. Sad to see for both ends. Was really looking forward to this match up.

Our AD told me this morning it was a case of strep and they didn't want it spreading around to both teams. Good call for both teams. Would have loved to see this game but don't want anyone getting sick. 

I might make way over to Terre Haute North and watch them take on Northview if WV doesn't find an opponent.