Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Respect/Animosity

What programs do you admire? What programs do you have disdain for?  This is more of a tongue and cheek topic, not to be taken to serious.  

Being a Bremen guy......

I have always had respect for Jimtown and Northwood.  Blue collar schools that played hard and played with a lot of pride.  

Plymouth and Glenn always grinded my gears.  Some good old fashion neighborly angst towards them folks.  

Statewide I hated Sheridan for the 59-0 pounding they put on Bremen in the 1988 State Title, that was me just being a sad little 7 year old at the time.  As the years went on, I have soften to Coach Wright and his legacy.

36 minutes ago, MarshallCounty said:

I have always had respect for Jimtown and Northwood.  Blue collar schools that played hard and played with a lot of pride.  

Plymouth and Glenn always grinded my gears.  Some good old fashion neighborly angst towards them folks.

Ditto toward Plymouth. I still despise them to this day. Probably had a lot to due with the fact that I do not think we ever beat them from 7th grade through high school when I played them, and ever since before then, whenever going to a game at Plymouth - 1) we ALWAYS had to fight the Blueberry Festival traffic/parking and 2) that darn PA announcer yelling out "First Down... RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROCKIES!"

As far as admire, being from a bigger school, I think I always admired the smaller school programs that have historically been successful. Same thing comes to mind with Jimtown and NorthWood. I will also add East Noble to that list.

I'll put it this way. I respect the success the following programs have attained but have animosity because it came at the expense at my beloved Flying Jets:

Pioneer 

LCC

Sheridan 

On 8/18/2021 at 2:45 PM, NLCTigerFan07 said:

Ditto toward Plymouth. I still despise them to this day. Probably had a lot to due with the fact that I do not think we ever beat them from 7th grade through high school when I played them, and ever since before then, whenever going to a game at Plymouth - 1) we ALWAYS had to fight the Blueberry Festival traffic/parking and 2) that darn PA announcer yelling out "First Down... RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROCKIES!"

As far as admire, being from a bigger school, I think I always admired the smaller school programs that have historically been successful. Same thing comes to mind with Jimtown and NorthWood. I will also add East Noble to that list.

On 8/18/2021 at 2:45 PM, NLCTigerFan07 said:

That PA announcer at Plymouth is my kind of guy. 

• Haha 1