Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Legal/Illegal Equipment

76 warrior

Question

7 answers to this question

In my opinion, definitely illegal:

RULE 1-5-3: ART. 3 . . . Illegal Equipment. No player shall participate while wearing illegal equipment. This applies to any equipment, which in the opinion of the umpire is dangerous, confusing or inappropriate. Illegal equipment shall always include but is not limited to: 

On 8/24/2021 at 4:42 PM, 76 warrior said:

I know this issue came up in basketball a few years ago about soles on shoes that would have lights in them. They were deemed to be illegal. Saw a player last week that had shoes that had heels light up. Thoughts?

This really makes me chuckle. I rocked a pair of LA Lights way back in the early 90's. Definitely thought I was cool, but if the Jumpman wasn't on them, I'd never wear them on the court. 

Honestly, I can't even imagine being a HC and allowing a player to wear them. I get the "Look good, feel good, play good" mantra but man, poor judgement.

13 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Do these shoes actually exist? I did a cursory online search and could not find cleats with lights on the shoe. If someone could post or send me a link to the shoes, I’ll try and get a ruling on their legality from 9150 N. Meridian.

Seems to be more of a trend in the other *football...

Tesla Football Shoes

2 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Do you have any information on the manufacturer, or the name of the shoe?

Apparently Elon Musk has decided to enter the world of sports. These are Tesla. Likely not the ones in question but for a cool $39.99 anyone can get their hands on these.

https://www.soccerworld.net/propulsion-lights-fg-jr-neon-yellow-blue.html