Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Conference Dominance

4 minutes ago, JQWL said:

I live in French Lick, and last night Springs Valley's Volleyball team finished their conference season undefeated for the 7th year in a row.

What are some of the longest streaks the state has seen in football? 

My guess is that Penn has the longest streak. They dominated their conference over a span of a couple of decades I believe. I wanna say their streak went somewhere in the 14-20 range. 

1A LCC had a 47?-game winning streak back from 2008 to the third game of the 2012 season ... losing to 3A Culver Academies by 2 in 2012.  They then assembled another 14 wins in a row before losing in 2013, again to Culver Academies.  Along the way, they picked up four consecutive state championships before being one of the first teams impacted by SF.  In conference play, LCC had a three-season undefeated conference run although they were knocked off by conference foe, Tipton, who went on to an LOS runner-up finish, during sections in that third year.

LCC did play in the Hoosier Heartland Conference prior to their move to the Hoosier Conference.  Before leaving, they had racked up a 7-season run for 2004-2010 and before that a 5-season run of outright or shared title from 1998-2002.

19 minutes ago, MICFan34 said:

I believe Columbus East won 96 consecutive Hoosier Hills games from 2006 until their loss against Seymour this year. 

@Olympian06may be able to give more specifics

Correct, earlier this year East lost to Seymour which ended a 96 game conference win streak and a 107 game win streak against opponents from the conference (including the playoffs). 

East is also on a 17 year Conference Title streak that will likely end this year, 2006 was the only shared title in that streak. 

Edited by Olympian06