Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Game of the Decade - Cathedral v Center Grove

31 minutes ago, IndianaWrestlingGuy said:

The rubber match game between two unbelievable senior classes. 

2018 Cathedral Frosh 14 Center Grove 7

2020 Center Grove Juniors 17 CHS 13 

Both schools have taken care of business. Time to settle it all. CHS has been waiting a year for this. Should be awesome! 

I’ll drop the first prediction.

27-21 CG.

1 hour ago, temptation said:

I’ll drop the first prediction.

27-21 CG.

48 O/U too high.

Honestly worried about Cathedral’s offense against this CG defense. Cathedral had a juggernaut offense last year and really struggled to do anything. This game will be played in the low teens.

2 hours ago, Grover said:

Gonna be a lot of fun.  Two great teams playing for nothing but pride. I’ve got kids I love on both rosters but will be cheering for my Trojans…and for no injuries. 

Like!  (all but cheering for the Trojans)

This isn't just the game of the decade, it's the annual game of the century!  I just hope both teams come out of this game injury free.  It should be a good one.  The Irish defense is better than last year, and the offense is getting better week by week.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Grover said:

Gonna be a lot of fun.  Two great teams playing for nothing but pride. I’ve got kids I love on both rosters but will be cheering for my Trojans…and for no injuries. 

Agree, this game will be special and I am sure local TV will air live...so will be fun to attend in person and watch it on TV later.

I think both teams have a lot of respect for one another...after last years game, it was really cool to see both teams and coaches embrace each other and hug it out (even all things Covid going on at the time).  Clearly these are the two top teams in the state with a lot of distance between the others which makes them both so special and they all know that.  It will be great next year when Cathedral is finally back in 6A where both teams will probably have the opportunity to play twice (assuming we renew regular season game).

Grover - I am curious- is the last time Trojans played on grass the game at Arlington two years ago? 

I see rain in the forecast for Friday which could make things really fun!

Irish   14

CG    10

I know its the elephant in the room and it won't affect the outcome of the game, but this facility that this matchup is being played at is just disappointing. And I know I will be jumped by Cathedral faithful, but with all these beautiful facilities in central Indiana that high schools have built and this game has to be played at this rundown stadium. It's Cathedral football, one of the best programs of all time, and they are hosting Center Grove at Arlington. My rant is over. Time for some football.

Anyway... I will take CG 20-17. 

• Like 1
  • Disdain 1

Arlington is far from being "rundown."  The only problem with the facility is the inadequate parking, but parking is available in the strip mall next door.  The field will not be an issue .  Just get there early and you will enjoy the game.

1 hour ago, PHJIrish said:

Arlington is far from being "rundown."  The only problem with the facility is the inadequate parking, but parking is available in the strip mall next door.  The field will not be an issue .  Just get there early and you will enjoy the game.

additional bleachers being brought in?

9 hours ago, PHJIrish said:

I don't know that, but if you're coming to the game, get there early.

The Irish Tailgate will start at 4PM per Twitter.

There was a huge crowd at the Cathedral / Chatard game @ Arlington and I recall a very long line of people still waiting to get thru the ticket gate midway through the first quarter.

If the game starts at 7PM (I have a feeling it will be pushed back to 7:30 start thou) I would plan to be in your seat at 6.

11 hours ago, PHJIrish said:

I actually think the parking's bark is worse than its bite.  In attached photo, everything outlined in yellow is typical parking availability for a typical home game.  I realize this game is not typical so things will be tight.  As long as people don't double or triple park in the strip mall there should be sufficient space.  

Screenshot 2021-10-10 084143.jpg

13 hours ago, Indiana Fan said:

I know its the elephant in the room and it won't affect the outcome of the game, but this facility that this matchup is being played at is just disappointing. And I know I will be jumped by Cathedral faithful, but with all these beautiful facilities in central Indiana that high schools have built and this game has to be played at this rundown stadium. It's Cathedral football, one of the best programs of all time, and they are hosting Center Grove at Arlington. My rant is over. Time for some football.

Anyway... I will take CG 20-17. 

https://gridirondigest.net/topic/4832-move-the-game/

https://gridirondigest.net/topic/4723-cgcathedral-at-arlington/

This has been discussed already multiple threads....bottom line is Cathedral thrives on its history rich tradition and Arlington is a big part of that over the last 40 years.  And to move the game, Cathedral would have to pay.  And on top of that, if the game was moved it would also pretty much take away home field advantage to some extent.

• Like 1

Everyone knows this Arlington "venue" is a joke.  Typical Cathedral trying to act like it's not.  A shame this game isn't getting a better environment.  The real issue is that the Irish are actually lucky they don't have to deal with Rebel OLine this year.  Actual best game would be CGvsRoncalli this year.

5 minutes ago, StatQueen said:

Everyone knows this Arlington "venue" is a joke.  Typical Cathedral trying to act like it's not.  A shame this game isn't getting a better environment.  The real issue is that the Irish are actually lucky they don't have to deal with Rebel OLine this year.  Actual best game would be CGvsRoncalli this year.

waiting for the replies

Eating Popcorn Png, Transparent Png - kindpng

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, StatQueen said:

Cathedral would beat Roncalli by 4 TDs.

Wish you’d go run and hide and disappear just like Roncalli has the last decade.

Chickensh*ts

• Like 2