Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

My 6A playoff predictions

1 minute ago, BTF said:

Sectional 3 is a crapshoot, but I'll be surprised if it's not Carroll. 

Sectional 3 is the most compelling in a yawning 6A to me.  I could make a case for all 3 teams winning it.

Other than that, I think it looks fairly accurate (though I’ll say I predict Warren gets LN again).

27 minutes ago, temptation said:

Sectional 3 is the most compelling in a yawning 6A to me.  I could make a case for all 3 teams winning it.

Other than that, I think it looks fairly accurate (though I’ll say I predict Warren gets LN again).

It's a tough one for sure. I'll back up on my previous post and say that I'm predicting Carroll to win, but won't be surprised if it is any of the three. 

I honestly think Warsaw got the short end of the stick (same with Columbus North in Sectional 8). The Tigers will go 21 full days from the end of the game this Friday night (10/15) at Concord until kickoff in Fort Wayne against either Carroll or Homestead (11/5). That is like an entire preseason camp.

1 hour ago, BTF said:

Sectional 3 is a crapshoot, but I'll be surprised if it's not Carroll. 

I agree. Warsaw has a great chance to win this week and finish 8-1 and NLC champions... but after watching NorthWood carve them up through the air, I can only imagine what Carroll will do to them, especially with that added motivation of REVENGE from last year.

12 minutes ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

I honestly think Warsaw got the short end of the stick (same with Columbus North in Sectional 8). The Tigers will go 21 full days from the end of the game this Friday night (10/15) at Concord until kickoff in Fort Wayne against either Carroll or Homestead (11/5). That is like an entire preseason camp.

I agree. Warsaw has a great chance to win this week and finish 8-1 and NLC champions... but after watching NorthWood carve them up through the air, I can only imagine what Carroll will do to them, especially with that added motivation of REVENGE from last year.

Warsaw has a very good coach. Should be interesting. 

26 minutes ago, Olympian06 said:

My post was more of the “no need to fill out a bracket” Crown’em! 

I agree, but couldn't miss the chance for a Mr. Obvious classic to be posted. 

I will be interested to see, despite the fact that I'm relatively certain CG is going to be getting the blue rings, how the rest of the field competes along the way.  Avon's had a really tough season, so I'm kind of interested to see if they are able to get out of the doldrums for the tourney.  Of course, drawing Carmel means that there's not much room "getting up to speed."

Sectional 1: Merrillville

Sectional 2: Chesterton

Sectional 3: Carroll

Sectional 4: Westfield

Sectional 5: Carmel

Sectional 6: Ben Davis

Sectional 7: Warren Central

Sectional 8: Center Grove

Regionals-

Merrillville

Westfield

Carmel

Center Grove

Semi State-

Westfield

Center Grove

State Champions-

Center Grove Trojans

9 minutes ago, Justasportsfan said:

sad to see carmel go south..just for giggles..I'm going with the hounds for the upset! Bart ball will give a good showing in sectional 3..1 game for hardware..I like it!

The only reason why I'm skeptical for the Tigers in Sectional 3 is the fact that they will go 21 days between playing games.

October 15th - at Concord

October 22nd - 6A BYE WEEK (7 days)

October 29th - 6A Sectional 3 BYE (14 days)

November 5th - at Fort Wayne (Carroll or Homestead) (21 days)

That's a lot of freaking time to go without playing a game. I have no doubt the Tiger coaching staff will keep the team focused... but wow, I know Coach Curtis mentioned before the season he would much rather have NOT had the additional bye in sectional 3. Heck with 21 days though, that is a whole lot of time to get healthy AND craft up and implement some new schemes (at least defensively) that hasn't been shown on film.

8 minutes ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

The only reason why I'm skeptical for the Tigers in Sectional 3 is the fact that they will go 21 days between playing games.

October 15th - at Concord

October 22nd - 6A BYE WEEK (7 days)

October 29th - 6A Sectional 3 BYE (14 days)

November 5th - at Fort Wayne (Carroll or Homestead) (21 days)

That's a lot of freaking time to go without playing a game. I have no doubt the Tiger coaching staff will keep the team focused... but wow, I know Coach Curtis mentioned before the season he would much rather have NOT had the additional bye in sectional 3. Heck with 21 days though, that is a whole lot of time to get healthy AND craft up and implement some new schemes (at least defensively) that hasn't been shown on film.

From what I've seen from him as a coach so far..he will be adding some wrinkles n I agree..getting healthy is the best thing for a deep playoff run..21 days!??? Whew..they will be ready to lay the wood on whoever isn't wearing the orange n blk