Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Marcus Freeman's statue at Notre Dame

BTF

Alabama loses to Georgia today as expected. One of three potential upsets occur. Either Michigan, Oklahoma State, or Cincinnati go down. Notre Dame is propelled into the playoffs. 

Excited about the hiring of their beloved defensive coordinator at head coach, the return of Kyle Hamilton, and the fact that every assistant coach said, "no, we'd rather stay at Notre Dame than go to LSU," the Irish play with tons of emotion and upset the Bulldogs in Round 1. That momentum continues and propels the Irish to national champions. 

Does Marcus Freeman automatically get graced with a statue of his honor as a championship coach? Or does the university wait a few years just to make sure he's not a complete flop at the position. The making of this team began well before Freeman's time at Notre Dame. I'm just wondering if the statue gets erected if the Irish with the championship this year. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BTF said:

Alabama loses to Georgia today as expected. One of three potential upsets occur. Either Michigan, Oklahoma State, or Cincinnati go down. Notre Dame is propelled into the playoffs. 

Excited about the hiring of their beloved defensive coordinator at head coach, the return of Kyle Hamilton, and the fact that every assistant coach said, "no, we'd rather stay at Notre Dame than go to LSU," the Irish play with tons of emotion and upset the Bulldogs in Round 1. That momentum continues and propels the Irish to national champions.

From your keyboard to God’s ear.

There’s a less successful outcome that might, nevertheless, do some good. ND ends up 5th and afterward the committee chair explains that the lack of a conference championship game is what kept ND out. Then maybe we can generate a little momentum toward a conference affiliation.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bobref said:

From your keyboard to God’s ear.

There’s a less successful outcome that might, nevertheless, do some good. ND ends up 5th and afterward the committee chair explains that the lack of a conference championship game is what kept ND out. Then maybe we can generate a little momentum toward a conference affiliation.

Thanks. Didn't answer my question though. Based on the scenario I gave, does Freeman deserve a statue right away? I'm hoping that debate comes to fruition. As a Notre Dame fan, I really don't care to talk about 5th place at the moment. I can't imagine anyone affiliated with the program is. 

49 minutes ago, BTF said:

Thanks. Didn't answer my question though. Based on the scenario I gave, does Freeman deserve a statue right away? I'm hoping that debate comes to fruition. As a Notre Dame fan, I really don't care to talk about 5th place at the moment. I can't imagine anyone affiliated with the program is. 

Why, yes....indeed he does. 😁, well, ok, maybe just a street named after him. That'll do.

15 minutes ago, Irishman said:

Why, yes....indeed he does. 😁, well, ok, maybe just a street named after him. That'll do.

Lol. Thanks for the championship, here's your street sign. It's an interesting question. My guess is he get's the statue. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BTF said:

Lol. Thanks for the championship, here's your street sign. It's an interesting question. My guess is he get's the statue. 

well, to compare, Holmgren and McCarthy only have a street and no statue in Green Bay. I even think McCarthy's is a street inside the parking lot and stadium area. lol 

This does make me think of Steve Fisher at UM though.

1 hour ago, BTF said:

No one is entitled to a statue while they’re still coaching at ND.