Who you got?

as always, the game is better

from_the_sidelines007

Laville vs Triton - Laville 35-17

NJP vs Caston - NJP 45-7

Rochester vs Knox - Rochester 28-21

South Central vs Culver -Culver 31-7

Winamac vs Pioneer - Pioneer 21-7

LaVille: 48-14. Interested to see how well Triton plays the big dogs. 

North Judson-San Pierre: 54-6 JV sees action very early

Knox: 28-24 Going with the home team. Russ only gets one sideline warning this week.

Culver Community:21-7. SCUM sees a heavy dose of #42 and #40

Pioneer: 35-7 Winamac will struggle this year.

On 8/21/2022 at 8:02 PM, Jmumm1235 said:

Laville vs Triton - Laville 35-17

NJP vs Caston - NJP 45-7

Rochester vs Knox - Rochester 28-21

South Central vs Culver -Culver 31-7

Winamac vs Pioneer - Pioneer 21-7

Jmumm1235 . . .  Are those 17 points you giving Triton against LaVille's #1 defense?

From what I saw in the first week against Bremen, LaVille's #1 defense is pretty stingy.  

Not saying Triton can't score against LaVIlle, just not sure they score 17 against LaVille's #1 defense.

from_the_sidelines007

12 minutes ago, from_the_sidelines007 said:

Jmumm1235 . . .  Are those 17 points you giving Triton against LaVille's #1 defense?

From what I saw in the first week against Bremen, LaVille's #1 defense is pretty stingy.  

Not saying Triton can't score against LaVIlle, just not sure they score 17 against LaVille's #1 defense.

from_the_sidelines007

I was at the game vs Bremen, my dad is a Laville coach. Bremen isn’t very good at all. I know Triton returned pretty much there whole team also. RB went for over 200 yards. 17 might be much but I still think they score between 10-17. Laville Defense is very very good against the run but I’ll give Triton some credit at moment 

11 minutes ago, Jmumm1235 said:

I was at the game vs Bremen, my dad is a Laville coach. Bremen isn’t very good at all. I know Triton returned pretty much there whole team also. RB went for over 200 yards. 17 might be much but I still think they score between 10-17. Laville Defense is very very good against the run but I’ll give Triton some credit at moment 

Yep, you are right.  LaVIlle's run defense is solid.

Be interesting to see how they do against a team that has a better than average passing game.

As I mentioned, I just don't see 17 on LaVille's #1 defense in this game.

Certainly be an interesting game.

from_the_sidelines007

11 hours ago, from_the_sidelines007 said:

Yep, you are right.  LaVIlle's run defense is solid.

Be interesting to see how they do against a team that has a better than average passing game.

As I mentioned, I just don't see 17 on LaVille's #1 defense in this game.

Certainly be an interesting game.

from_the_sidelines007

I think Triton's #1 offense might be able to make a couple of scores. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jmumm1235 said:

Anthony Schuh is likely the best back LaVille will see in the regular season.  (Last week he went for 219 yards on 8 carries - 4 TD's)  Triton's O-Line is experienced and good sized.  I don't think it's a stretch to say that the Trojans could pound out a 10-12 play drive that would put up points.  I don't see Triton beating the Lancers, but I'd be surprised if LaVille pitched a shutout.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, FinePrint said:

Anthony Schuh is likely the best back LaVille will see in the regular season.  (Last week he went for 219 yards on 8 carries - 4 TD's)  Triton's O-Line is experienced and good sized.  I don't think it's a stretch to say that the Trojans could pound out a 10-12 play drive that would put up points.  I don't see Triton beating the Lancers, but I'd be surprised if LaVille pitched a shutout.

LaVille's back, I think his name is DeWitt, rushed for over 230 yards and two touchdowns last week.

In the big picture of things, how was the defense that both these offenses playing against?

If you are playing a defense that is young and/or inexperienced with any experienced offense, that offense is probably going to have edge, and open holes for the back to make big gains.

And, I do believe that LaVille's O-Line is experienced and good sized, as well.

So it may be which team can make the big play - go verticle in the passing game, force timely turnovers, maybe a special teams score?

If I understand correctly, are both LaVille and Triton's defense pretty good?

If so, we should be in for a great game!

from_the_sidelines007

I was impressed with Laville's quarterback last year. All around great athlete. He can run, he can tackle, he can block, he can kick,......AND HE CAN PASS!!!!! Seriously tho, with the ball in his hands, he can break a big run at any time, or extend pass plays to hit a guy deep. You wanna win the game, gotta contain him in my opinion.

1 hour ago, First_Backer_Inside said:

I was impressed with Laville's quarterback last year. All around great athlete. He can run, he can tackle, he can block, he can kick,......AND HE CAN PASS!!!!! Seriously tho, with the ball in his hands, he can break a big run at any time, or extend pass plays to hit a guy deep. You wanna win the game, gotta contain him in my opinion.

Well said!

I was equally impressed last season and then the first week of the season I watched the LaVille QB throw four touchdown passes.

On one of his passing TDs, he scrambled, then threw into traffic and the receiver made a nice catch on the sideline.

He is a gifted athlete!

from_the_sidelines007

13 hours ago, FinePrint said:

With all due respect to Schuh, Allen from NJSP is likely the best

• Like 1

LaVille at Triton - While this is a matchup of upper tier teams in the conference, it won't be the best game of the week.  Triton will move the ball some, but they won't score enough to keep this close.  And they won't be able to shut down the Lancer offense.  Lancers 28-7

North Judson-San Pierre at Caston - Nothing to see here.  Jays 55-6

Rochester at Knox - The game of the week.  I think Knox will begin winning some big games under Radtke.  I'm going to give them the edge in a close one.  Redskins 21-17

South Central (UM) at Culver Community - The Satellites aren't very good.  Culver will pound out a lot of yards and win this one going away.  Cavaliers 41-7

Winamac at Pioneer - Despite last week's sub-par offensive performance, the Panthers aren't that bad.  Their D only gave up two offensive scores to a pretty good Cass team.  Pioneer coaches will have a week to work out the kinks.  They'll blow out the struggling Warriors and hang a goose-egg on the visitors scoreboard, making next week's game with LaVille all the more intriguing.  Panthers 50-0

Laville @ Triton- two of the conferences top contenders face off.  LaVille has size and experience.  Triton has a hungry group coming off a big win.  I’ll take Laville 28-14.  

NJSP @ Caston-  Jays will score 50.  Does Caston score any?  

Rochester @ Knox- Zebras have beef.  Knox has the old ball coach and some young running backs.  Knox team wins 35-28

SCUM @ Culver-  Culver’s fullback will carry it 30 times and culver will win.  Cavs 26-21

Winamac @ Pioneer-  We all know Winamac is pitiful this year.  Pioneer 42-6

On 8/24/2022 at 11:01 PM, AubbeenaubbeeCav said:

With all due respect to Schuh, Allen from NJSP is likely the best

Don’t underestimate the Schuh kid

Believe I would take Schuh if I had a choice.  

Btw what does Schuh go this year?  Looks about 225-230 

Surely he is getting looks from the next level

Edited by RingLeader