Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

New Albany @ Gibson Southern

New Albany (0-1) at Gibson Southern (1-0)

GAME TIME: 6:30 pm CT, Jewell Field.

COACHES: Steve Cooley, 29-24 in 6th year at New Albany, 151-139 in 28th year overall. Nick Hart, 106-20 in 11th year at Gibson Southern.

2022 SAGARIN RATINGS: Gibson Southern, 79.76, 28th overall, 3rd in 3A. New Albany, 63.58, 114th overall, 19th in 5A.

LAST OUTING: New Albany lost to Bloomington South, 34-14. Gibson Southern defeated Terre Haute South, 27-20.

OPPONENTS' RECORDS: New Albany 1-0. Gibson Southern 0-1.

SERIES LAST 35 YEARS: Gibson Southern, 1-0

LAST MEETING: Gibson Southern, 63-24, Aug. 27, 2021.

jh PREDICTION: Gibson Southern, 38-14.

Edited by DumfriesYMCA

On 8/22/2022 at 8:42 AM, DumfriesYMCA said:

Not sure where to really start…but I guess I can start with

Is New Albany better than Terre Haute South this year? 

I don't believe so. They may have some speed but seem to be very undisciplined. Hart & the staff will have the boys ready to play. The Boyd Delong connection will be fun to watch this year.

On 8/22/2022 at 9:42 AM, DumfriesYMCA said:

Not sure where to really start…but I guess I can start with

Is New Albany better than Terre Haute South this year? 

No. Last year’s New Albany team was a once-in-a-generation team. They lost a ton of players due to graduation. Gibson Southern should win.

9 hours ago, Titan_Glory said:

I don't believe so. They may have some speed but seem to be very undisciplined. Hart & the staff will have the boys ready to play. The Boyd Delong connection will be fun to watch this year.

For the most part, Bloom. South controlled both lines in last Friday's game and South had to replace four of five starters in the o-line. New Albany had to rebuild their offense and had just one sustained drive against Bloom. South for a TD, so their inexperience showed. The Bulldogs returned eight starters on defense and also had two transfers on the defensive side from the Louisville side of the river with one being a 4-star recruit, but South was able to move the ball on them and had two 100+ rushers and their QB threw for two scores. That's my FWIW comments. It's one game and they like to say that the biggest improvement with a team is from game one to game two, so we will see. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ptr said:

For the most part, Bloom. South controlled both lines in last Friday's game and South had to replace four of five starters in the o-line. New Albany had to rebuild their offense and had just one sustained drive against Bloom. South for a TD, so their inexperience showed. The Bulldogs returned eight starters on defense and also had two transfers on the defensive side from the Louisville side of the river with one being a 4-star recruit, but South was able to move the ball on them and had two 100+ rushers and their QB threw for two scores. That's my FWIW comments. It's one game and they like to say that the biggest improvement with a team is from game one to game two, so we will see. 

Thanks for the info!