Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

CIC Week 3

All is quiet and the crickets are well on the CIC front this season....  Let's kick out the crickets and make some noise!

Big week with some key games this week that could decide the pecking order early in conference play.

Blackford at Alexandria ©, 7 pm  Alex getting some chatter in the rankings, not sure why but if somebody could enlighten me I would appreciate it. Alex big in this one.

Elwood at Frankton ©, 7 pm  Frankton with a huge upset in week 1 over the Bluedevils, devils hang 69 on Elwood last week.  Frankton won't score 69, but will win by at least 4 scores.

Mississinewa at Madison-Grant ©, 7 pm  M-G with their best start since 2007 and looking like a well rounded team, against 1A teams.  Ole Miss riding high after beating a rebuilding, young Marion team could overlook this game.  I'm going upset, M-G over the Indians by 3.

Eastbrook at Oak Hill ©, 7 pm  Game of the night!  Sagarin has OH at 76 and EHS at 77.  Both teams ranked in the Top 15 of their class.  Guessing standing room only at this one.

Should be a close one, starters playing all 4 quarters.  Eastbrook pulls off the victory though on the last drive of the game...

Good luck to all teams on Friday!  Safe travels to the fans and a healthy night for the players!

To start with thanks for starting the thread, was about to.  Seems like low interest.

I was wondering the same about Alexandria.  How were they ranked in the AP and Coaches polls in the preseason?  And now they beat a weak Wabash team and they're listed again.  This is a mystery.  No mystery in the picks this week, though.  I was 8-0 last week.  🙂

Eastbrook @ Oak Hill - This could be the game of the year in the CIC.  It will be close through half and through most of the game.  Eastbrook will win by 2 TDs.  Should be a great night at Oak Hill.  Would like to go to this game.

Elwood @ Frankton - Frankton must be for real this year.  I had my doubts, but they played Lapel well last week.  Frankton pulling away and wins by 5 TDs.

Blackford @ Alexandria - Alexandria will beat the bottom feeders in the next 2 weeks.  They'll move up the rankings and then nose dive when they play the top tier.  For tonight, Alexandria easy and big.

Mississinewa @ Madison-Grant - I really, really want to take MG.  My heart says MG, my brain says Ole Miss.  I'll take Ole Miss by 6, 33-27.

Should be a beautiful, albeit warm night for football!  Glad for conference play.  Stay safe!!

7 hours ago, djbowzz said:

All is quiet and the crickets are well on the CIC front this season....  Let's kick out the crickets and make some noise!

Big week with some key games this week that could decide the pecking order early in conference play.

Blackford at Alexandria ©, 7 pm  Alex getting some chatter in the rankings, not sure why but if somebody could enlighten me I would appreciate it. Alex big in this one.

Elwood at Frankton ©, 7 pm  Frankton with a huge upset in week 1 over the Bluedevils, devils hang 69 on Elwood last week.  Frankton won't score 69, but will win by at least 4 scores.

Mississinewa at Madison-Grant ©, 7 pm  M-G with their best start since 2007 and looking like a well rounded team, against 1A teams.  Ole Miss riding high after beating a rebuilding, young Marion team could overlook this game.  I'm going upset, M-G over the Indians by 3.

Eastbrook at Oak Hill ©, 7 pm  Game of the night!  Sagarin has OH at 76 and EHS at 77.  Both teams ranked in the Top 15 of their class.  Guessing standing room only at this one.

Should be a close one, starters playing all 4 quarters.  Eastbrook pulls off the victory though on the last drive of the game...

Good luck to all teams on Friday!  Safe travels to the fans and a healthy night for the players!

I’m with on the Alexandria rankings.  They have done absolutely nothing to warrant a nod in the rankings.  I’m also very intrigued by your Madison Grant pick.  It’s really nice to have some relevant conversation in the conference this year.  Should be an exciting season!

Blackford at Alexandria---Blackford still has a ways to go before they become competitive.  Alexandria will take the win and gain confidence against a bottom feeder.

Elwood at Frankton---Frankton surprised everybody week 1 against Tipton.  Elwood, well is still Elwood with another new coach.  Frankton wins this one.

Eastbrook at Oak Hill---This is the game of the week.  Oak Hill is off to a good start.  Eastbrook has given up more points in the first two games than they have in several complete seasons.  Could this mean that the Eastbrook defense is not as good as past years?  Oak Hill beat up on a very good 1A Southwood and an average Eastern in the first 2 weeks.  Oak Hill pulls out the win in a barnburner.

Mississinewa at Madison-Grant---MG is off to a fast start.  Mississinewa lost to a very good Norwell team and beat Marion who is struggling to rebuild.  This will be a test for both teams.  Mississienwa has depth where MG may not have the depth.  In the end Mississinewa wins this one.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Indiansreloaded said:

Eastbrook has given up more points in the first two games than they have in several complete seasons.  Could this mean that the Eastbrook defense is not as good as past years?

Don't forget that Eastbrook beat two very athletic 4A teams to start this season.  Eastbrook wins against Oak Hill by 3 TD's.

On 8/31/2022 at 12:53 PM, djbowzz said:

Alex over blackford. Not sure why Alex is getting votes. They have yet to beat anyone with a decent record in some time. What has happened to the blackford of the 70s- early 2000s this like many teams in the CIC used to have good football now seems to be struggling and irrelevant in the post season.

Elwood v frankton. Elwood is just a dieing town and have heard they are close to going to 1a not sure if that is true. Another new coach and same results of last few years. Frankton is improved and happy to see them running the ball and playing tough d. But a few bad decisions killed momentum against lapel last week.

Miss. V mg. Mg improved not sure they can handle much bigger ol miss. Ol miss thinks they are good against CIC teams and they should be.ol miss by 21 at least.

Eastbrook v Oakhill. Oakhill like Eastbrook is always well coached. Should be a great game if Oakhill can slow down the hurry up option of Eastbrook. Better bring your best base D golden eagles. Eastbrook by 14. 

1 hour ago, Fballfan15 said:

Elwood has the same coach as last year. They have 20 freshman on the roster. I was also told they have solid middle school teams with solid numbers as well. It will be interesting to see if they can get back to being solid in a few years. 

That would be great to see!  I remember when Elwood was a contender every season. It’s been sad to see the decline over there.

Alex over Blackford     A conference win for the Tigers.  Need to Beat a few of the big 3 before I would put much in their early rankings.

Frankton over Elwood     A much improved Eagles team.  3 turnovers were costly against Lapel.  New Coach has them going in the right direction

Eastbrook over Oakhill   Close game, a TD difference.

Mississinewa over Madison Grant   Great to see MG is having early success. I think the depth of Mississinewa will be to much.

22 hours ago, Midway Monster said:

I got a feeling the Eastbrook Oak Hill game will be over by Halftime. Eastbrook by a lot.

Mississenewa MG game wont be close either. Mississinewa by 4 TDs.

Ouch tough night on predictions. Don't sleep on MadisonGrant they are hungry, humble and physical. They play fast, together and they trust and believe in each other. That coaching staff has done an amazing job and the kids are all in.

On 9/3/2022 at 12:02 PM, Cowboy08 said:

Ouch tough night on predictions. Don't sleep on MadisonGrant they are hungry, humble and physical. They play fast, together and they trust and believe in each other. That coaching staff has done an amazing job and the kids are all in.

That sounds alot like you guys and Gilbert a few years back ! It was awesome !!!