Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

HCC Week #7

All signs pointing to a Brownsburg/Hamilton Southeastern showdown for the conference title in week 9, but some business to take care of first.

Avon @ Westfield:  The Orioles seem to be improving at least in the box score as they earned a moral victory on homecoming last week in a narrow loss to Fishers.  A big problem awaits this week however as they travel to an angry Westfield team coming off of back to back losses for the first time since 2019.  This one may get out of hand early.  Westfield gets back on track and rolls 38-14.

Brownsburg @ Zionsville:  Many say last week's contest against Westfield was a changing of the guard in the HCC as we will undoubtedly have a new conference champion.  Brownsburg seems to always slip up in one they shouldn't and Zionsville is more than capable though they were brought back to earth last week against Southeastern.  I expect a close game early, before Brownsburg steps on the gas in the second half to win, 34-21.

Fishers @ Franklin Central:  The most intriguing matchup of the week to me as both teams are out of contention for the conference crown but top tier/half bragging rights (if that's a thing) are at stake.  Fishers' close one against Avon last week gives me some pause whereas Franklin Central picked up a big road win at Noblesville.  I think this one is close all the way through but Fishers makes 1-2 more plays late.  Tigers win 24-17.

Hamilton Southeastern @ Noblesville:  Like Brownsburg, Southeastern has its sights set on a conference title but needs to take care of business first.  I boasted about the Royals' resume in another thread as they have survived a gauntlet this far.  Noblesville, on the other hand seems to be in the midst of its best football having been played in late August/early September.  I think Southeastern remains focused here and wins 30-10.

What say you?

9 hours ago, temptation said:

All signs pointing to a Brownsburg/Hamilton Southeastern showdown for the conference title in week 9, but some business to take care of first.

Avon @ Westfield:  The Orioles seem to be improving at least in the box score as they earned a moral victory on homecoming last week in a narrow loss to Fishers.  A big problem awaits this week however as they travel to an angry Westfield team coming off of back to back losses for the first time since 2019.  This one may get out of hand early.  Westfield gets back on track and rolls 38-14.

Brownsburg @ Zionsville:  Many say last week's contest against Westfield was a changing of the guard in the HCC as we will undoubtedly have a new conference champion.  Brownsburg seems to always slip up in one they shouldn't and Zionsville is more than capable though they were brought back to earth last week against Southeastern.  I expect a close game early, before Brownsburg steps on the gas in the second half to win, 34-21.

Fishers @ Franklin Central:  The most intriguing matchup of the week to me as both teams are out of contention for the conference crown but top tier/half bragging rights (if that's a thing) are at stake.  Fishers' close one against Avon last week gives me some pause whereas Franklin Central picked up a big road win at Noblesville.  I think this one is close all the way through but Fishers makes 1-2 more plays late.  Tigers win 24-17.

Hamilton Southeastern @ Noblesville:  Like Brownsburg, Southeastern has its sights set on a conference title but needs to take care of business first.  I boasted about the Royals' resume in another thread as they have survived a gauntlet this far.  Noblesville, on the other hand seems to be in the midst of its best football having been played in late August/early September.  I think Southeastern remains focused here and wins 30-10.

What say you?

Avon @ Westfield: Agreed. This is an angry beatdown that reinforces confidence type of game. It's going to be a long drive back to the westside Friday night. 

Brownsburg @ Zionsville: Is this a trap game for the 'Dogs? At some point I have to pick an upset correctly this year in the HCC. This could very well be the Dogs year. I'll take Brownsburg by 17 

Fishers @ Franklin Central: Agree again. The lone tru game of the slate and it should be a good one. I'll take the home team Flashes by 3

HSE @ Noblesville: Ugh. 3 D1 Offensive Linemen and not a single conference win in the past 2 seasons. ONE if you count the last 3 years. Sharpe seems like a smart guy. Smart guys adapt and find new ways to succeed. I hope he spends the offseason finding a way to blend a mix of modern offense into his Power offense. HSE by 21.

23 hours ago, temptation said:

I am in agreement with your picks.  Just want to point out that Avon has been in the game each week until late 2nd qtr or halftime. Then the opposing defense adjusts and they are done.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Boilernation said:

HSE @ Noblesville: Ugh. 3 D1 Offensive Linemen and not a single conference win in the past 2 seasons. ONE if you count the last 3 years. Sharpe seems like a smart guy. Smart guys adapt and find new ways to succeed. I hope he spends the offseason finding a way to blend a mix of modern offense into his Power offense. HSE by 21.

I'd just like to see the Millers go I-formation, spread out a little bit and let those lineman move some people around.  I think FC played a 6-3 defense on them.  That's a goal line defense they used a lot of the time all over the field.  To say the talent isn't there just can't be true.

I know it’s not tourney time, and you dudes have some pretty dang rigid rules, flexibly-applied lol. Is this an ok place to post RT scores or no?

If not, I’ll delete. 
If so,

BB 7

Zville 3

BB driving & inside 5. End of Q1. 

3 hours ago, Azi said:

I know it’s not tourney time, and you dudes have some pretty dang rigid rules, flexibly-applied lol. Is this an ok place to post RT scores or no?

If not, I’ll delete. 
If so,

BB 7

Zville 3

BB driving & inside 5. End of Q1. 

No issues that I can see. There is a topic for Week 7 scores though, but I don't see any need to delete. 

• Like 1

I actually forgot to check back to see if it was permitted - the second quarter happened So. Dang. Fast. 😳 - and things quickly got out of hand lol. Yeah, quite a smack down statement. Anyway, I’ll pay better attention to the scores thread & keep such posts there. 😎👍