Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

5A and 6A Sectional Question

I know when it comes to 4A-1A, the bottom team in the bracket hosts the next round, but if we get to the sectional championship game and there is a team who has hosted the first 2 rounds while the other team has been on the road the first 2 rounds, the team who's been on the road the first 2 weeks will host.

With 5A and 6A - how does it work? As a fan, I am allowed to look ahead, so maybe these scenarios will help understand my question:

Scenario 1 - Warsaw beats Elkhart at home, Penn beats Carroll at home - Warsaw would host the sectional championship, correct?

Scenario 2 - Warsaw beats Elkhart at home, Carroll beats Penn on the roard - Warsaw is the "bottom" part of the bracket, would they host? Or would Carroll get to host since their first sectional game was away?

The team with the lessor amount of home games always hosts. All things being equal, the host team is the one on the bottom of the bracket. 

Carroll would host Warsaw since the Tigers already hosted a game and Carroll did not. Elkhart would host Carroll since neither team hosted yet and Elkhart is at the bottom of the bracket.