Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

NE Indiana Sectional Finals

4 hours ago, Bobref said:

As @Yuccaguysaid, the high school rule on DPI does not include a specific provision about uncatchability. However, there is no foul for DPI until the ball is in the air, and if the QB is throwing the ball well out of bounds, no one is going to call DPI because any contact did not prevent the receiver from getting to the pass. So, if the North coach was complaining that it should have been DPI, then no, he doesn’t have a leg to stand on.

I may not have been able to fully articulate that...sorry @Bobref

But think of the NFL in the 1970's....  You can basically MAUL a receiver until the ball is thrown.  That the HS/NFHS rule in place now.  

• Like 1

17 hours ago, BTF said:

Luers lacks class? Never heard or seen that in four decades. I'm curious what you saw to come to that conclusion. 

Eastside is a very physical team and Luers was very physical right back.  You can go through the game at IHSAATV.ORG and look for examples of class and classlessness in the players on the field from both teams and you'll certainly hear the Eastside announcers lack of class on many occasions.  I can remember Luers losing their QB in playoffs/games in a couple of different championship years.  Next man up.  That QB did well vs. Luers, but I get it.  

Edited by Robert

10 hours ago, Robert said:

Eastside is a very physical team and Luers was very physical right back.  You can go through the game at IHSAATV.ORG and look for examples of class and classlessness in the players on the field from both teams and you'll certainly hear the Eastside announcers lack of class on many occasions.  I can remember Luers losing their QB in playoffs/games in a couple of different championship years.  Next man up.  That QB did well vs. Luers, but I get it.  

Luers played physical against Eastside this year, they punched them back in the mouth whereas last year they didn’t. As far as injuries, every team has them, you have to overcome them, period.

As far as lack of class goes, listen to the replay of the game with the Eastside announcers, oh my, it was bad…

On 11/5/2022 at 9:20 AM, Bunch Right Red Money said:

it’s always a huge achievement when a small school puts the SAC on notice. 

Matchups worth seeing:

Eastside vs Wayne

Eastside vs Northrop

Adams Central vs South Side

Adams Central vs Concordia

Norwell vs Wayne

Columbia City vs Luers

1 hour ago, BTF said:

Matchups worth seeing:

Eastside vs Wayne

Eastside vs Northrop

Adams Central vs South Side

Adams Central vs Concordia

Norwell vs Wayne

Columbia City vs Luers

Unfortunately, at THIS time (next few seasons)... none of these matchups are possible due to contractual agreements.  

Norwell/Wayne seems the only plausible contest that 'could' happen based upon the 2 open weeks that exist in the ensuing years.  Columbia City/Luers would be a good contest for CC to be prepared for the NE8 (IMO).  

51 minutes ago, Yuccaguy said:

Unfortunately, at THIS time (next few seasons)... none of these matchups are possible due to contractual agreements.  

Norwell/Wayne seems the only plausible contest that 'could' happen based upon the 2 open weeks that exist in the ensuing years.  Columbia City/Luers would be a good contest for CC to be prepared for the NE8 (IMO).  

Agree. Would love to see some of those matchups in the future though. I get that Snider, Carroll, and Homestead are looking for bigger fish to fry. But I think surrounding area schools could engage in some good battles with some of the other SAC teams. 

• Like 1