Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

DAC sectional championship week! Schedule and predictions

Laffyette jeff @ crown point: crown point struggled in 2.5 qtrs and allowed portage to lead most the game last week. But the adjustments made after the half changed the momentum of the game. Lafayette struggled early with lake central and recovered a fumble in OT to seal the win!! Crown points O-line is gonna be a major problem for Lafayette jeff and the speed for laffayette will cause some issues for crown point but it won’t be enough. Jeff falls to another DAC team in the sectional finals. Crown point wins this pulling away in 2nd half 42-17! 

merrillville @ Hammond central: merrillville beat Munster with ease last week. 2 fumble recoveries for a TD, 1 INT for a TD. Game was 42-0 with estimated 8mins to go in 2nd qtr. Hammond central fell behind early to Morton but was able to come back and hold off Morton for the win. Hammond central is excited to get a crack at another DAC team this year. But with Valpo beating them by close to 50 week 2 I don’t see merrillville having any issues here. Merrillville pulls away after the 1st qtr. 55-10

valparasio @ Chesterton: this is the game of the week in the DAC. Will Valpo prove they are still better than there county rival? Can Chesterton win there first sectional title in school history?  They battled in week 5 and Valpo won the game 19-13. And if I remember correctly both teams had injuries to key players that were out for that game. I think the game being at Chesterton will give them some momentum in this matchup they will prove the gap between them and Valpo has closed a little bit. But Untill they close it I’ll stick with Valpo. Valpo will run as a team for over 300 yards and win this game 28-17

Not really a super interesting week but I'll share some thoughts:

- Jeff barely made it past a middling LC team which makes me think that the Bronchos are still a step below the Duneland's best teams. Even though CP did not look good in the first half last week I'll take the Dogs by 3 TDs. 

- Merrillville will have a running clock to start the second half. Great season for Hammond Central winning 8 games and beating Morton twice but this is a huge mismatch.

- Cheese-Valpo is obviously the matchup everyone is interested in. Chesterton has been on a roll the past few weeks whereas Valpo has flown under the radar pretty much all season. Both teams have physical defenses. Valpo's running game is a bit better but on the opposite side Chesterton's passing game is much better. It was a low-scoring slugfest the first game and I think we'll see another one on Friday. But I think Chesterton gets it done this time and clinches their first sectional in school history. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Piratefan101 said:

Laffyette jeff @ crown point: crown point struggled in 2.5 qtrs and allowed portage to lead most the game last week. But the adjustments made after the half changed the momentum of the game. Lafayette struggled early with lake central and recovered a fumble in OT to seal the win!! Crown points O-line is gonna be a major problem for Lafayette jeff and the speed for laffayette will cause some issues for crown point but it won’t be enough. Jeff falls to another DAC team in the sectional finals. Crown point wins this pulling away in 2nd half 42-17! 

merrillville @ Hammond central: merrillville beat Munster with ease last week. 2 fumble recoveries for a TD, 1 INT for a TD. Game was 42-0 with estimated 8mins to go in 2nd qtr. Hammond central fell behind early to Morton but was able to come back and hold off Morton for the win. Hammond central is excited to get a crack at another DAC team this year. But with Valpo beating them by close to 50 week 2 I don’t see merrillville having any issues here. Merrillville pulls away after the 1st qtr. 55-10

valparasio @ Chesterton: this is the game of the week in the DAC. Will Valpo prove they are still better than there county rival? Can Chesterton win there first sectional title in school history?  They battled in week 5 and Valpo won the game 19-13. And if I remember correctly both teams had injuries to key players that were out for that game. I think the game being at Chesterton will give them some momentum in this matchup they will prove the gap between them and Valpo has closed a little bit. But Untill they close it I’ll stick with Valpo. Valpo will run as a team for over 300 yards and win this game 28-17

Breath one:  "Crown Point is overrated."

Next breath:  "Crown Point beats Jeff by 25."

At least you have both bases covered Saturday morning.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, temptation said:

Breath one:  "Crown Point is overrated."

Next breath:  "Crown Point beats Jeff by 25."

At least you have both bases covered Saturday morning.

They are OVERRATTED but Jeff hasn’t proven they can beat any good DAC teams. They get blown out by all of them. Crown point is 3rd best in DAC on talent. Jeff has speed but I don’t think they can force crown point to punt with there defense. 

3 minutes ago, Piratefan101 said:

They are OVERRATTED but Jeff hasn’t proven they can beat any good DAC teams. They get blown out by all of them. Crown point is 3rd best in DAC on talent. Jeff has speed but I don’t think they can force crown point to punt with there defense. 

So you'll spot me +24.5?

12 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Help me understand this comment? 

Team beat everyone they have played thus far, so to me, they have the 1st best talent in the DAC 

On talent they have a big o-line and a QB. That’s it. There defense struggles against everyone till the offense can get separation and force a team into being 1 sided. You will see when crown point plays in regionals that they may not even score 10 points. Coaching wise they are good. But the talent that everyone things they have because they are undefeated is a farce. They are so simple it’s not funny. And again they are only undefeated because merrillville didn’t have there DC when they played there were no adjustments by merrillville. They proved crown point can’t contain anyone with good skill players. Crown point has to play flawless against good teams to win.

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Piratefan101 said:

On talent they have a big o-line and a QB. That’s it. There defense struggles against everyone till the offense can get separation and force a team into being 1 sided. You will see when crown point plays in regionals that they may not even score 10 points. Coaching wise they are good. But the talent that everyone things they have because they are undefeated is a farce. They are so simple it’s not funny. And again they are only undefeated because merrillville didn’t have there DC when they played there were no adjustments by merrillville. They proved crown point can’t contain anyone with good skill players. Crown point has to play flawless against good teams to win.

What Does Copium Mean in Twitch Chat and Where Did It Originate?

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Piratefan101 said:

Sounds like you feel like CP out Coached Merrillville and whoever the other "more talented team" was in the DAC.   

this is fascinating stuff 

Who has CP played?  Their entire schedule was Region teams, only two of which were 6A and neither (LC and Portage) were a challenge.  CP will win the Sectional and then it gets interesting.  But long term, CP is going to have to find a bigger/better week 2 opponent. Their staff and admin isn't dumb, I'm sure they know this. Lowell in week 1 is too big a rivalry to take off the schedule unless things get out of hand in the future. The DAC itself is a potential long term problem.  CP is the only school with increasing enrollment. The rest are growth neutral or on the decline.  

Edited by vito

15 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Help me understand this comment? 

Team beat everyone they have played thus far, so to me, they have the 1st best talent in the DAC 

WOAHH

coach and I agree 

great minds think alike

23 hours ago, Piratefan101 said:

stuff it there are no good DAC teams

• Haha 1

On 11/2/2022 at 11:03 AM, vito said:

Who has CP played?  Their entire schedule was Region teams, only two of which were 6A and neither (LC and Portage) were a challenge.  CP will win the Sectional and then it gets interesting.  But long term, CP is going to have to find a bigger/better week 2 opponent. Their staff and admin isn't dumb, I'm sure they know this. Lowell in week 1 is too big a rivalry to take off the schedule unless things get out of hand in the future. The DAC itself is a potential long term problem.  CP is the only school with increasing enrollment. The rest are growth neutral or on the decline.  

Andrean is better for them then Lowell. Andrean is a 2A school that can play in 4A/5A 

24 minutes ago, Piratefan101 said:

Andrean is better for them then Lowell. Andrean is a 2A school that can play in 4A/5A 

So a 6A team that aspires to be the new King of the North should schedule the equivalent of a 4A/5A team (assuming your appraisal of Andrean is correct) to upgrade their schedule? Think bigger.

8 minutes ago, Bobref said:

So a 6A team that aspires to be the new King of the North should schedule the equivalent of a 4A/5A team (assuming your appraisal of Andrean is correct) to upgrade their schedule? Think bigger.

Andrean should be getting a new school here shortly I’m think 4A enrollment. 

but bigger ain’t always better. There are probably only 10 schools in 6A consistently better than Andrean. Plus those Indy schools don’t wanna travel up here. It’s been said for years. They always want us there 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Piratefan101 said:

Andrean should be getting a new school here shortly I’m think 4A enrollment. 

but bigger ain’t always better. There are probably only 10 schools in 6A consistently better than Andrean. Plus those Indy schools don’t wanna travel up here. It’s been said for years. They always want us there 

There’s no need for Indy schools to travel farther than 40 miles from their locker room.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, vito said:

Wrong!  Lowell has beaten them the last two years and it's all about the gate receipts anyways. 

Except Andrean actually gave CP somewhat of a game. And this year, just like last year, the Niners are still playing, while the Devils are home. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, scarab527 said:

Except Andrean actually gave CP somewhat of a game. And this year, just like last year, the Niners are still playing, while the Devils are home. 

So by your logic Andrean is better than Lowell because they gave CP a close game even though Lowell beat them?  Don't be so butt hurt, I was just making a statement that CP dumping Andrean from their schedule is far more likely than dropping Lowell because:

1. It's the state's oldest rivalry

2. It's a huge gate Week 1 for the host team

3. It's a natural geographic rival

4. CP has nothing to gain from playing a 2A Catholic school. And, yes, they are a dominant 2A team but a 2A team nonetheless.  But if you think CP is better off playing the 59ers over an Indy team (even if they have to travel), then you're just being stubborn and/or stupid. 

Douchebag comments like yours are the reason most Region fans don't root for Andrean in the playoffs. Lastly, if you're going to use the "we're still playing card," Lowell might not be the program to use it on. 

Edited by vito
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, vito said:

So by your logic Andrean is better than Lowell because they gave CP a close game even though Lowell beat them?  Don't be so butt hurt, I was just making a statement that CP dumping Andrean from their schedule is far more likely than dropping Lowell because:

Douchebag comments like yours are the reason most Region fans don't root for Andrean in the playoffs. Lastly, if you're going to use the "we're still playing card," Lowell might not be the program to use it on. 

Have fun watching the rest of the playoffs! 

19 minutes ago, vito said:

4. CP has nothing to gain from playing a 2A Catholic school. And, yes, they are a dominant 2A team but a 2A team nonetheless.  But if you think CP is better off playing the 59ers over an Indy team (even if they have to travel), then you're just being stubborn and/or stupid. 

You realize Andrean is moving into crown point right? At least according the the survey they sent home to parents asking about the move 

55 minutes ago, Piratefan101 said:

Plus those Indy schools don’t wanna travel up here. It’s been said for years. They always want us there 

52 minutes ago, temptation said:

There’s no need for Indy schools to travel farther than 40 miles from their locker room.

And yet - 6A Indy schools will be making trips to Warsaw and Fort Wayne for regular season games in the near future!

19 minutes ago, Piratefan101 said:

You realize Andrean is moving into crown point right? At least according the the survey they sent home to parents asking about the move 

AND? 

1. Andrean has donated land from the Franciscans and that's about it. You really think with less and less people attending church these days they are going to raise enough capital to build a school and athletic complex? Only hardcore Catholics pony up that kind of cash.  People willing to pay tuition to give their kid a better athletic experience for four years aren't going to donate huge sums for a complex that won't be completed until after their kid graduates. That's a pipedream. 

2. But, let's go with it.  They build it and double their enrollment to a fringe 3A/4A school by siphoning off CP kids (it is not up for debate that "stealing" CP kids would have to be their primary means of increasing enrollment).  It still begs the question of why CP would play them when their goal is to compete with the Indy schools. They can just simply make the drive down 65 and play one of them. 

3. I'm not naïve.  If Lowell can't pull of a W every few years, CP may have no choice but to dump them too. 

P.S.  You can't really believe there's only 10 6A teams better than Andrean?  They got beat by a very average Lowell team Week 9. 

Edited by vito

15 minutes ago, temptation said:

Indy schools desperate because they kicked the two best teams out of their, I mean there, conference.

I doubt desperation had nothing to do with it. Those teams know they can fill their schedule with talented teams within a 45 minute drive. But why not schedule the best of what Fort Wayne has to offer? It's something different. And I'm hearing a couple of those games could be featured at Lucas. 

• Like 1