Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Does Mishawaka stand a chance?

Snider? Mishawaka? Who wins? 

mishawaka is capable of winning this game if they can control the clock and the ball, if they can do that I think they win by 2 scores.

if snider can take a lead early on Mishawaka and force them to punt 2 times I think the game is over and snider wins. The game comes down to who makes less mistakes 

snider clearly is the better team. But Mishawaka has the size and ability to keep themselves in the game with there offense philosophy 

1 hour ago, Gridwatcher said:

Has Snider faced any option teams this season? Because this is not an easy offense to defend. 

This is going to be a very physical contest.  As always, turnovers are huge. Win that battle, win the game.

I think they faced a few teams that run the option but not like Mishawaka and it wasn’t a full game of it. Gonna be interesting 

I don't see Mishawaka D shutting down Snider O. Mishawaka has given up 30+ points in 9 games. At this time of year I would not rule anything out from happening, but my gut says Snider by 10 to 17. The three variables that are key for any team, flags/discipline, turnovers and special teams will are key indictor. The team that has the fewest or the least of 2 of the 3 will usually get the W. 

6 minutes ago, psaboy said:

I don't see Mishawaka D shutting down Snider O. Mishawaka has given up 30+ points in 9 games. At this time of year I would not rule anything out from happening, but my gut says Snider by 10 to 17. The three variables that are key for any team, flags/discipline, turnovers and special teams will are key indictor. The team that has the fewest or the least of 2 of the 3 will usually get the W. 

My bad, they have scored that many points in 9 games, they certainly can score. I'll be interested in see if their D can defend their option. I think they have to speed to do so. 

2 hours ago, Gridwatcher said:

Has Snider faced any option teams this season? Because this is not an easy offense to defend. 

This is going to be a very physical contest.  As always, turnovers are huge. Win that battle, win the game.

Have not faced an option the style Mishawaka runs..being able to read their keys and get off blocks may possess a great challenge with the cavemens size on their O-line..even if the panthers stack the box they might still have issues with their run game and athletes Mishawaka brings to the field..

4 hours ago, Piratefan101 said:

Snider? Mishawaka? Who wins? 

mishawaka is capable of winning this game if they can control the clock and the ball, if they can do that I think they win by 2 scores.

if snider can take a lead early on Mishawaka and force them to punt 2 times I think the game is over and snider wins. The game comes down to who makes less mistakes 

snider clearly is the better team. But Mishawaka has the size and ability to keep themselves in the game with there offense philosophy 

Not sure if “clearly” Snider is the better team. Snider has only played Fort Wayne area teams so far so not sure how they will matchup with a team from elsewhere. Also, Mishawaka runs the option so that will not be easy to defend for the Panthers. Snider does not have a huge defensive line either which could make it even more difficult to defend. 

I will say that Mishawaka will have a hard time defending Snider’s offense, lots of speed and multi-dimensional tendencies. Very curious to see what happens…

48 minutes ago, scarab527 said:

The exact same 

Snider was able to stop Warsaw's so should be familiar. Mishawaka may have better athletes though than Warsaw. 

10 minutes ago, Basementbias said:

Snider was able to stop Warsaw's so should be familiar. Mishawaka may have better athletes though than Warsaw. 

When exactly did Snider and Warsaw play any time in recent history....?????

News flash - they haven't 😉

Edited by NLCTigerFan07

9 minutes ago, Basementbias said:

Snider played Mishawaka in 2015 in the Regional at Wayne High School. Snider won 42-32 and it was a good game as I was at the game. Snider struggled stopping that option running attack and it came down to the fact that Mishawaka couldn’t stop Snider’s offense at all. I think we are looking at a similar game this time with the difference being turnover/penalties. 

3 hours ago, Komets2727 said:

Snider played Mishawaka in 2015 in the Regional at Wayne High School. Snider won 42-32 and it was a good game as I was at the game. Snider struggled stopping that option running attack and it came down to the fact that Mishawaka couldn’t stop Snider’s offense at all. I think we are looking at a similar game this time with the difference being turnover/penalties. 

Was that the hook n ladder game? Cavemen ran it to perfection n it gave Snider fits..

10 hours ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

When exactly did Snider and Warsaw play any time in recent history....?????

News flash - they haven't 😉

My bad, somehow I had Carroll & Snider opponents last week confused. 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, BTF said:

Mishawaka beat Warsaw by a larger margin than Carroll did. Something to think about. The title of this thread is absurd. 

Legends ran pretty good against the panthers last week..the cavemen primarily run the ball..this game will be close n Mishawaka playing at home for another regional title since 2018 gives them an edge 

On 11/8/2022 at 10:28 AM, Gridwatcher said:

Your kidding right? Beat Dwenger twice and North Side twice. Only loss was to Carroll.