Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Scores: Regional Championships

15 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

new cycle started this year, so they earned 1 point this year.  

I thought that LCC under special watch this time around, along with one or two other team's whose names escape me at this point, since they were only in 2A for one season and stayed up while Chatard was only in 4A for one season and moved down.

1 minute ago, Donnie Baker said:

I was at that game. I think Jeff was nationally ranked with Doug Downing at QB. And Woodson want Sniders

Yeah, Doug Downing went on to play at Purdue.  Doug Downing tried to throw the ball to his brother Joe in the 1981 game and was picked at the end of the game.  Woodson is now in the NFL Hall of Fame.  It was hard to throw the ball with Woodson in there.  Hobart didn't throw the ball much and beat Snider 15-0 in 1982

9 minutes ago, BTF said:

Lafayette seems to be growing in population, now over 100,000. Is the student body at Jefferson growing?

To an extent, yes.  It's up about about 11% since 2015's counts.  Growing faster though is Harrison which is up about 17% in the same timeframe.  I believe, with the growth going on near Harrison ... a couple of housing communities going in ... that it will likely surpass Jeff and be the largest high school in the area.  At last count, Jeff was around 2153 and Harrison was around 2079. 

7 hours ago, foxbat said:

Listening to it online.  Really surprised that they'd risk that throw from the 15 with the time left and two timeouts. 

Latest score from Andrean-LCC was 30-12 Andrean with about 6 and a half left in the game.  With a sectional this season and one last season, LCC settling in for a longer haul in 2A.

I’m with you. The wind was strong, but was at their back if they were to kick it. I understand the choice to go for it on the 4th and goal from the 1 prior to that, down 21-20, ideally making it 28-21 with a score and 2 pt conversion.. 4 mins left.

To be fair, it was roughly 3rd and 8 from the 25… not the 15, after they got ball back after a strip sack… 2 mins left… run up the middle all day. They’ve got a solid kicker, with a strong wind at their back. Slant was picked off on a diving play by the safety… amazing play. Jeff fumbled the game away at the end of the day. Would have been a 40-45 yard field goal on 4th with no gain.

They couldn’t get anything going in the 2nd half, after completely dominating the first half on the ground. Props to Carroll for adjusting after the first half, and props to Jeff for being in a game no one gave them a chance in.

The gap in the north is slimmer than we thought.