Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

4A North Semi-State #6/7 New Prairie @ #7/6 Kokomo

Two 12-1 teams with no previous history (at least to my knowledge), no common opponents, and what appears to be different styles battle it out for a trip to Indy.

New Prairie: NP has been on a complete rampage the last 5 weeks. Including 42-6, 49-14, and 48-0 halftime scores against Lowell, Hobart, and Northridge. To say they are firing on all cylinders might be an understatement as the Cougars have entered a different level play since their 21-0 loss to 6A Penn. This is NPs second semi-state in a row and you can bet the players will be laser focused after last years let down. NP's bread and butter is a very good run game that likes to spread you out and gash you but the "Air Cougars" have shown that they can beat you through the pass game if they need too. Defense has been solid all season long with a lot of athletes all over the field. 

Kokomo: Don't know much about the Kats but it looks like they'd want to play in a phone booth. Only hiccup is to 6A sectional champ Laf Jeff. Quarterback appears to be 5'10 250 and 42 years old - and I mean that as a compliment. They can run QB sneak at any point on the field and in any situation and be successful with the push of their offensive line. Would love to hear from the Kokomo faithful on more info on their team.

Both teams have quietly taken care of business in 4A with Roncalli and New Palestine stealing the headline all year and Northwood in the North. Looking forward to a battle for a trip to Indy on the line!

This game has the potential to be done super fast as both teams like to run the ball. NP has been playing out of their minds the last 5 weeks and haven’t had to play the starters for a full game all tournament. This game could come down to who is willing to take a chance throwing down field. Both defenses seem to be stingy on giving up points with offenses that are potent. Looks to be a nice and cold night Friday and should be a fun atmosphere. I’ll take the Cougars by 8

Teams are pretty darn even on paper. If the Cougars can withstand getting pushed back on the line I like our chances in this one. If Kokomo controls the line and gets 5+ on quarterback sneaks any time they want, I think it's a toss up and it'll come down to turnovers and special teams. Should be a battle!

Looks like it will be a slightly windy and a cold one down in Kokomo tonight. Don't think it will affect too many game plans as both teams like to run and with the turf that shouldn't be an issue. NP might of lucked out not having this game in New Carlisle as the frozen dirt with 4 inches of snow probably would of played in Kokomos favor. Unfortunately don't think NP will bring a great crowd, weather and ultimately the roads up north have been pretty horrible the past 2 days, probably keep a lot of people home this evening. Go Cougars!