Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2A North SS: FW Luers @ Andrean

3 minutes ago, 07_statechamp54 said:

Sagarin=Gospel! At least it has always seemed that way haha. I think he’s on point here though. 2 pretty evenly matched teams, home team gets the edge. 

Agree. Although the away team defies the odds routinely in high school football, I'm going with the home team in this one as well. 

17 minutes ago, Yuccaguy said:

Perhaps "next year" when the SAC becomes an open conference Sagarin may give a better picture....  

But @temptationis ON POINT with the SAC as it exists now: (a) Closed Conference!  

Same could be said for the SIAC. The SAC is basically 2 conferences in 1 now a days. A 5 team “power” conference and then the 5 other schools. Closed conference or not, I don’t see that changing.

Back to the game in question. I think if Luers has any shot in this one, you load up the box to stop Bowen and force the 59ers to stretch the field. Offensively, push the ball up the sideline with Thompson setting up your run game. For the 59ers it’s pretty simple on both sides of the ball, they go as 34 goes. 

1 hour ago, temptation said:

You know damn well Sagarin means nothing when it comes to SAC teams.

Correct...............first nine weeks of the season. All it takes is one out of conference game for Sagarin to start making sense. I typically start to pay attention to them after sectionals. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 07_statechamp54 said:

Same could be said for the SIAC. The SAC is basically 2 conferences in 1 now a days. A 5 team “power” conference and then the 5 other schools. Closed conference or not, I don’t see that changing.

Back to the game in question. I think if Luers has any shot in this one, you load up the box to stop Bowen and force the 59ers to stretch the field. Offensively, push the ball up the sideline with Thompson setting up your run game. For the 59ers it’s pretty simple on both sides of the ball, they go as 34 goes. 

I gotta say, Luers is not getting much respect round these parts. Almost every year, they are around a .500 team and almost every year they seem to be making a state title run. There is nothing that Andrean is going to do that they haven’t already seen this year. They have played much better teams with more athletes and speed. I think this will be a very good game that goes down to the wire, Luers 24 - Andrean 21

1 hour ago, Komets2727 said:

I gotta say, Luers is not getting much respect round these parts. Almost every year, they are around a .500 team and almost every year they seem to be making a state title run. There is nothing that Andrean is going to do that they haven’t already seen this year. They have played much better teams with more athletes and speed. I think this will be a very good game that goes down to the wire, Luers 24 - Andrean 21

Care to elaborate?? I’m honestly curious as I haven’t seen or heard any slight towards the Knights, at least on this board. 

On 11/14/2022 at 10:10 PM, Komets2727 said:

That's an interesting comment. How did you come to that conclusion? Luers isn't playing a rural 2A school in Farmsville. They're playing a school that sits on the Merrillville/Gary border.