Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

State Finals Dates and Times by Class

2/4/6A one day, 1/3/5 the other. Not sure which is which this year. They haven't changed that formula since the inception of 6A. I wish they would bundle teams from one area together on one day to make it more convenient but I doubt that will ever happen. 

1 minute ago, scarab527 said:

2/4/6A one day, 1/3/5 the other. Not sure which is which this year. They haven't changed that formula since the inception of 6A. I wish they would bundle teams from one area together on one day to make it more convenient but I doubt that will ever happen. 

They've actually taken travel considerations into play for the last 3 or so years.

9 minutes ago, scarab527 said:

Really? How so? 

The IHSAA announced a couple of years ago that they would not set the finals schedule until the matchups are determined. Their idea was that, for example, if Luers, Snider, and Carroll all went to the finals, they’d schedule the 2A, 5A, and 6A games on the same day, in an attempt to draw more people from Ft. Wayne. Don’t know if that’s come into play or not.

1 minute ago, temptation said:

When teams from similar areas of the state are playing in different classes, they try to put those games on the same day.

Well, I stand corrected. Kinda weird that Gibson and Mater Dei or Zionsville/Westfield didn't play on the same day last year then. 

9 minutes ago, scarab527 said:

Well, I stand corrected. Kinda weird that Gibson and Mater Dei or Zionsville/Westfield didn't play on the same day last year then. 

Yes.  In theory it sounds like a good idea but execution/follow through seems to be lacking.

I honestly think they’d make MORE money by just keeping it like it is but that’s just me.

1 hour ago, oldtimeqb said:

What the IHSAA said they were going to do, and what they have actually done are not the same, IMO.

Yes exactly. They already have determined the dates this year instead of waiting. I've posted this before, but I'd rather they do 1, 2, & 3A on Friday and do 4, 5, & 6A on Saturday permanently. 

17 minutes ago, Basementbias said:

Yes exactly. They already have determined the dates this year instead of waiting. I've posted this before, but I'd rather they do 1, 2, & 3A on Friday and do 4, 5, & 6A on Saturday permanently. 

I think it is good to spread out the large and small schools evenly with the crowds.  Helps with parking and everything else.   

Though it does not always work out.   We were down there is 2016 and it was a mess with Center Grove and Roncalli on the same side

4 minutes ago, fenderbender said:

I think it is good to spread out the large and small schools evenly with the crowds.  Helps with parking and everything else.   

Though it does not always work out.   We were down there is 2016 and it was a mess with Center Grove and Roncalli on the same side

After experiencing LOS & security last year, it doesn't matter. They had us 1A fans trying to get out the same way the 3A fans were entering. They blocked off the other exits and stood guard so you couldn't go that way. Just massive log jam to get in & out. Also should have tickets designated by school to allow earlier access for the teams competing and then others for the casual fans. We had people from Tri & some other schools fighting in line while AC & Lutheran fans graciously waited to get in. Tri fans didn't do anything wrong but the meat heads from 4-6A fan bases tried causing issues.

Think 1-3A would allow those rare instances where the rural areas get all 3 teams to state in the same year (Wells or Adams County enrollment in a couple years).