Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Mid-State 2023

One of the best conferences in the state. Growing in enrollment and talent, the Mid-State is ultra competitive and always seems to be up for grabs each year. Who are the favorites for 2023? My early predictions:

1. Whiteland

2. Plainfield

3. Decatur Central

Has Mooresville's run of P5 athletes stopped?  I remember they have had several big time recruits - both football and baseball - playing over the last few years but I haven't kept up with them.

Plus didn't the younger Gillin leave to coach somewhere else?

2 minutes ago, oldtimeqb said:

Has Mooresville's run of P5 athletes stopped?  I remember they have had several big time recruits - both football and baseball - playing over the last few years but I haven't kept up with them.

Plus didn't the younger Gillin leave to coach somewhere else?

Younger Gillin is at IC. Mooresville will remain competitive until the Mike G decides to hang it up. They are losing a previous top 5-10 qb in the state though.  

Edited by FridayNightLights
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, FridayNightLights said:

Younger Gillin is at IC. Mooresville will remain competitive until the Mike G decides to hang it up. They are losing a previous top 5-10 qb in the state though.  

Is younger Gillin gearing himself up for that position of HC at mooresville once coach is done?

20 hours ago, ragdoll said:

Hogan Denny has another year at Mooresville. My friend thought he was a better qb than Patterson as a freshman. Came into the regional game at Evansville in 2020 and led game winning drive. Superior arm.

That passing academy for the Gillins has been a nice tool for them to bring in some great qbs. Like I said, they will be competitive as long as Gillin is there. He's won everywhere he's been at. One of the best to ever coach in the state. If he were still at DC I would imagine he'd have a state championship or two by now.

Good Information here. I'd say Whiteland is still the team to beat with their program success and consistency. Decatur Central being a year older will be troublesome for the conference. Plainfield is a growing community and program, and could take that next step soon. How does Perry and Greenwood progress forward? What does Franklin look like after last years good year? Can Mooresville use the conference play to prepare them to make a deep 4a run? Does Martinsville keep up the success with another high powered passing attack? Mid-State should be a fun conference to follow again in 2023! 

On 3/31/2023 at 10:03 AM, RetiredSouthernCoach said:

Good Information here. I'd say Whiteland is still the team to beat with their program success and consistency. Decatur Central being a year older will be troublesome for the conference. Plainfield is a growing community and program, and could take that next step soon. How does Perry and Greenwood progress forward? What does Franklin look like after last years good year? Can Mooresville use the conference play to prepare them to make a deep 4a run? Does Martinsville keep up the success with another high powered passing attack? Mid-State should be a fun conference to follow again in 2023! 

Scrappy team that fights to the last whistle.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...