• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

• Connersville at Richmond
  • East Central at Lawrenceburg
  • Franklin County at New Castle
  • Indian Creek at Batesville
  • Rushville at Milan
  • Shelbyville at Greensburg
  • South Dearborn at Jennings County

Who do you think comes out on top in these matchups? Off the cuff the 3 matchups that look most interesting to me:

1. East Central at Lawrenceburg- 4a Defending State Champs and Preseason 4a #1 vs 3a State Runner Up and Preseason 3a #2. East Central returns a ton and Lawrenceburg not so much. Look for EC and Mr. Football Candidate Josh Ringer to take it to the Tigers a little bit in this one.

2. Indian Creek at Batesville- 3rd meeting in less than a year. They split their meetings last year. Batesville Under Center Ground & Pound v. Indian Creek's Air Raid. Batesville controls the game and pulls away in the 4th quarter.

3. Shelbyville at Greensburg-The Blue Dragons, I mean Pirates get the Wes Anderson era off to a fast start with a big win riding an impressive running back and that New Pal clone zone running game to a big week one victory. 

16 minutes ago, Southeast Football Fan said:

3. Shelbyville at Greensburg-The Blue Dragons, I mean Pirates get the Wes Anderson era off to a fast start with a big win riding an impressive running back and that New Pal clone zone running game to a big week one victory. 

I think Shelbyville under a new coach this season as well (??), I'm going hot take here and taking the golden bears in the (not my opinion) upset. Will be a tough game though, Greensburg on their new turf this year. 

18 hours ago, Southeast Football Fan said:
  • Connersville at Richmond
  • East Central at Lawrenceburg
  • Franklin County at New Castle
  • Indian Creek at Batesville
  • Rushville at Milan
  • Shelbyville at Greensburg
  • South Dearborn at Jennings County

Who do you think comes out on top in these matchups? Off the cuff the 3 matchups that look most interesting to me:

1. East Central at Lawrenceburg- 4a Defending State Champs and Preseason 4a #1 vs 3a State Runner Up and Preseason 3a #2. East Central returns a ton and Lawrenceburg not so much. Look for EC and Mr. Football Candidate Josh Ringer to take it to the Tigers a little bit in this one.

2. Indian Creek at Batesville- 3rd meeting in less than a year. They split their meetings last year. Batesville Under Center Ground & Pound v. Indian Creek's Air Raid. Batesville controls the game and pulls away in the 4th quarter.

Agree with your picks.  I’ll call Batesville as the EIAC preseason pick for small school conference champ.  I can’t wait to watch Rockin Rods old offense take it to Jr.  Buck, Veers, power I, and Wagel’s heading his way!  

As for the EC vs Lburg game, depends if this pregame speech comes out.  If so, Tigers put a 50 spot on the Trojans ;).

https://x.com/fox19joe/status/1165117463090143234?s=46&t=ihFaswhyst9hRzLyWT9bZg

Connersville at Richmond

Connersville graduates some athletes but they do enough to get past Richmond. The Red Devils have some decent size but lack discipline and will start off the year 0-1.

Spartans- 34   Red Devils- 14

East Central at Lawrenceburg

The matchup of the week in the EIAC. East Central looks to defend their 4A state title run while Lawrenceburg will try to make a run to make it back to Lucas Oil Thanksgiving weekend. This game is never has close as people expect.... EC will run away with it in the 2nd half behind their Mr. Football candidate. 

Trojans- 34    Tigers- 10

Franklin County at New Castle

The Wildcats of FC are a very young team in places with several sophomores playing varsity. Most of their upperclassman have experience in the skill positions. Look for FC to get the ball to their playmakers if they want to win the game. New Castle is an Air Raid offense so this could be a high scoring game. 

Wildcats- 31    Trojans- 17

Indian Creek at Batesville

Batesville has some size to their roster and their QB can sling the ball but they didn't impress from what I saw from them over the summer at scrimmages. Maybe they're still working out the kinks but I think the Bulldogs lose a close one to Indian Creek. 

Braves- 38    Bulldogs- 34

Rushville at Milan

Milan is improved from the team they were a year ago. They have some hard-nosed football players who always play a good game. Coach Langferman does things right. Don't know much about Rushville the year...

Indians- 24     Lions- 14

Shelbyville at Greensburg

First game on their new turf field for Greensburg with a new HC. They should be pick up the win against Shelbyville who only has 2 wins over the last 3 seasons I believe...

Pirates- 48     Golden Bears- 7

South Dearborn at Jennings County

The Knights have a good core group of guys and should be able to take home the victory on the road @ Jennings County week 1. 

Knights- 28      Panthers- 17

Edited by 812 Observer