Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

St. Edward v. Center Grove

Eagles draw first blood. 7-0. Long pass complete for CG down to the Eagles’ 6. But st. Edward holds on downs. Eagles now have the ball at the CG 7.

Eagles punch it in and lead 14-0 early in 2nd quarter.

Edited by Bobref

CG manages to get one in garbage time. Final 27-10.

On you mighty Eagles,
You’ll have to fight to win a victory!
So fight, you mighty Eagles,
and raise Saint Edward’s green and gold on high.
And when the game is on the record,
No matter what the final score may be,
With all your heart,
With all your strength,
You played the game and won a victory!

Pretty tall order for CG to take on a loaded St. Edward's team....3 OL committed to Ohio State and Michigan respectively against new DL starters and a new secondary.

Games like this will make the Trojans stronger in the long run.  

Would have been fun to watch this game with the Trojan team of 3 years ago.....

11 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

Pretty tall order for CG to take on a loaded St. Edward's team....3 OL committed to Ohio State and Michigan respectively against new DL starters and a new secondary.

Games like this will make the Trojans stronger in the long run.  

Would have been fun to watch this game with the Trojan team of 3 years ago.....

I think CG will be just fine. 3 turnovers by the Eagles are not good. Hope it was just first game stuff. They won’t be able to get away with that against Our Lady of Good Counsel next week.

9 minutes ago, Bobref said:

I think CG will be just fine. 3 turnovers by the Eagles are not good. Hope it was just first game stuff. They won’t be able to get away with that against Our Lady of Good Counsel next week.

If Moeller really is #2 in Ohio, just hand the trophy to St. Ed’s now…

37 minutes ago, Bobref said:

I meant my comments as an ultimate compliment to St. Ed's.  What an excellent looking football team.  I am sure they will improve as the season progresses and playing the Trojans will benefit them as well.

Coach Moore plays for season's end.  I am confident many of the young guys will develop. I used to think the gauntlet of Warren, Carmel and BD in the first 4 games of the season couldn't be more difficult and developmental for a team...until this season!  Wow, what an opening schedule for the Trojans!

Edited by Bash Riprock
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, temptation said:

If Moeller really is #2 in Ohio, just hand the trophy to St. Ed’s now…

IMHO Springfield is the #2 in Div 1 Ohio. Cincinnati Moeller should cruise to a victory against FW Dwenger next week, but the Crusaders game against East Central should be pretty good.

1 hour ago, Bash Riprock said:

It’s sad that you find it sad….😆

I mean, we are taking RANKINGS and opinions here on a discussion forum…the classic “let’s let it play out” coach speak is cool and all but is also boring.

BD looks like the best team right NOW is all he was saying…with admittedly a small sample size.

I do disagree that “it’s not even close” however.  Not sure how you can come to that conclusion after one week.

3 hours ago, temptation said:

I mean, we are taking RANKINGS and opinions here on a discussion forum…the classic “let’s let it play out” coach speak is cool and all but is also boring.

BD looks like the best team right NOW is all he was saying…with admittedly a small sample size.

I do disagree that “it’s not even close” however.  Not sure how you can come to that conclusion after one week.

Just curious. Since you have BD #1 and Cathedral #2 this week. What would your prediction be in a game this Friday between BD and Cathedral, at BD?