18. Harrison (West Lafayette)
  19. Valparaiso 
  20. Roncalli 
  21. Merrillville
  22. Bloomington South
  23. Noblesville
  24. NorthWood
  25. Franklin Central

Looks good. Looking forward to the Homestead/Noblesville rematch :).

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, temptation said:
  1. Ben Davis
  2. Cathedral
  3. Center Grove
  4. Hamilton Southeastern
  5. Brownsburg
  6. Westfield
  7. Fort Wayne Snider
  8. East Central
  9. Fishers
  10. Carroll (Fort Wayne)
  11. Lawrence Central
  12. Carmel
  13. Crown Point
  14. Penn
  15. Lawrence North
  16. Bishop Chatard
  17. Whiteland
  18. Harrison (West Lafayette)
  19. Valparaiso 
  20. Roncalli 
  21. Merrillville
  22. Bloomington South
  23. Noblesville
  24. NorthWood
  25. Franklin Central

I'm holding out at least another week before I'd likely put Harrison in Top 20 for the state just yet.  Really good first game for the Raiders, but it was 200% different from the scrimmage performance against LCC and West Lafayette did not look like their normal selves on Friday.  Will get a second set of data points this Friday and will have a better feel for whether LCC is really that good, Harrison is really that good, West Lafayette really is suffering from departure of O-line, or some mixture.  LCC gets 3A Guerin this Friday on the road, West Lafayette gets 5A McCutcheon at home, and Harrison gets Plainfield, who knocked them out of post season last year, on the road.  Good set of test data points for all three early in the season.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, foxbat said:

I'm holding out at least another week before I'd likely put Harrison in Top 20 for the state just yet.  Really good first game for the Raiders, but it was 200% different from the scrimmage performance against LCC and West Lafayette did not look like their normal selves on Friday.  Will get a second set of data points this Friday and will have a better feel for whether LCC is really that good, Harrison is really that good, West Lafayette really is suffering from departure of O-line, or some mixture.  LCC gets 3A Guerin this Friday on the road, West Lafayette gets 5A McCutcheon at home, and Harrison gets Plainfield, who knocked them out of post season last year, on the road.  Good set of test data points for all three early in the season.

I likely overreacted on Harrison but have a lot of respect for West Lafayette so that margin of victory really stood out.

10 minutes ago, temptation said:

I likely overreacted on Harrison but have a lot of respect for West Lafayette so that margin of victory really stood out.

Completely agree seeing it on paper and knowing what the traditional programs have looked like.  I would make that exact same call if I hadn't seen it with my eyes. 

I made a post over in the Hoosier Conference thread where I give a little more insight on what caught my eye regarding the Harrison-West Lafayette game albeit focusing more on West Lafayette's play.  Historically, West Lafayette isn't a team that suffers due to graduation.  They may change their style of how they attack you, but it usually doesn't seem to have an impact on their overall effectiveness.  With the caveat that this could certainly be a situation of a bad night or just not getting all of the cobwebs dusted off for first game, this just didn't look/feel like "our fathers' West Lafayette."  At the same time, this Raider team played aggressive and inspired ball which looked so much different, for the better, than their performance in their scrimmage against LCC, so it's hard to make a definitive call just yet given the various moving parts. 

I'm really hoping that Harrison maintains this performance and will be quite happy, after a couple more data points, to see then prowling around the state Top 20.