Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Wabash River Conference Week 2

Week one went about as expected except for the Little Trojan rubbers. Should be a couple more ass kickings and a couple of tight games this week. Post away 

Benton Centrals at Seegers

Crawfordsville at Fountain Centrals 

North Vermilions at Paris, Il. 
The Woofs of Parke Heritage at West Vigos

Riverton Parkes at Carroll Flora Boys

South Newtons at Covington 

Sullivan at South Vermilions 

Tri Counties at Attica 

15 hours ago, Donnie Baker said:

Week one went about as expected except for the Little Trojan rubbers. Should be a couple more ass kickings and a couple of tight games this week. Post away 

Tri Counties at Attica 

23 hours ago, Donnie Baker said:

Tri Counties at Attica 

I’ll take…

Seeger

Crawfordsville

Paris

West Vigo

River Rats

Covington 

Tri County

And the game of the week… Sullivan Golden Arrows traveling to my South Vermillion Wildcats.  Historically, Sullivan has the upper hand.  But that streak ends this Friday.  Give me them ‘Cats, baby!!!!

BC @ Seeger - Seeger wins a close one. 28 - 14

Crawfordsville @ Fountain Central - Does Herbie still have some magic left?? I think he does, but not enough to beat the bigger Crawfordsville. Cville wins 35 - 21

NV @ Paris, Il. - I don't know anything about Paris except they were 2-7 last year.. but one thing I do know is that the Falcons will put up a bunch of points of ya. I'll take NV 49 - 20

PH @ West Vigo - I think this game will be closer than some may think. I'll take West Vigo 28-20

RP @ Carroll - Should be a good measuring stick for RP. I think they could keep it close early but Carroll pulls away late and wins 42 - 22 

South Newton @ Covington - South Newton takes this one 35 - 14

Sullivan @ SV - Another potential good game.. Sullivan just plays a different version of the game. I'll take Sullivan 32 - 28 

Tri County @ Attica - Attica doesn't find their first win yet. Tri County wins 30 - 6

Benton Central at Seeger - I'll take the home team Patriots over the Bison.  Bison weren't that impressive over Delphi and I thought Seeger would be thumped a little more by CC.

Crawfordsville at Fountain Central - neither team looked impressive last week while facing pretty decent opponents.  The coin toss said take the Athenians.

North Vermilion at Paris, Il. - picking the Indiana team.
Parke Heritage at West Vigo - even though I can't stand any team named the Vikings, I cannot see the Wolves winning this game.

Riverton Parke at Carroll Flora - Who doesn't love a good cat fight!?  Sorry RP, but these Cougars are for real (and not the kind Donnie Baker likes).  If the Panthers can pull this off in Flora, maybe they are a legit threat in 1A.

South Newton at Covington - with a Rebel yell, they cry more, more, more!  Trojans have their bubble burst.

Sullivan at South Vermilion - the Golden Arrows have had the Wildcats number for a while.  The streak continues this week.

Tri County at Attica - the Cavaliers visit River City for a brawl with the mighty Ramblers.  While this is more like a pillow fight, the losing streak for the Ramblers rolls on.

Long Time Viewer First time poster. First off what a year for the WRC with a lot of talent graduated from last year we are seeing new faces and different kids step up to perform for their school. After a whole summer and a scrimmage and one game here is what I think of each team.

Attica- Scrappy these guys will always be the underdog in every game they play but will get on the field every Friday and compete

Covington- Don’t know Much about the Trojans this year except the beat a bad tri county team

SV- This might be Barrett’s best team at SV since he took over in 2017 a huge line and great package of skill guys. This is my pick to win conference.

NV- NV looked good in the first half against NC, they arguably have the best player in the conference with Jerome White but also have another top 5 player with Tryon.

Seeger- Again don’t know much about the patriots but they are always tough and hard nosed we will know more about them as the season goes on.

FC- The dark horse of the conference Acton is a great player but will they have enough around him to make a push to win conference this year?

PH- The glory days for the woods seem to be gone but they got some good young pieces it will just take some time for the rebuild to come to fruition

RP- How will the panthers do without Hazzard this year? They looked good against pike central look for Kyle price to be doing a good amount of the work load for the panthers.

Predictions

Seeger 27 BC 17- Seeger got tested last week by LCC and lost to BC last year look for the patriots to be motivated in a defensive battle with a great run game.

FC 35 Cville 7- FC will get its revenge from last years crushing defeat. Acton plays the best game of his career 

NV 34 Paris 27- I don’t  know a whole lot about the tigers but the Falcons offense has been unstoppable the first two weeks. Look for Andrew Botner to have a great game and for the Falcon defense to step up and make huge plays in a nail biter.

Carrol 31 RP 20- This is a great test for the panthers Friday they give Carroll a game but it won’t be enough.

SN 48 Covington 28- Blow out in the first half and Covington adds some TDs late.

Sullivan 28 SV 27- This game will be tight the entire way especially but the arrows make a huge defensive stop late. 

Tri County 26 Attica 21- Attica plays the cavaliers close but it’s not enough

WV 41 PH 34- No defense but west Vigo gets the ball last

Edited by GroundSquirrel

3 hours ago, GroundSquirrel said:

WV 41 PH 34- No defense but west Vigo gets the ball last

West Vigo absolutely doesn't have a defense. I know SV is loaded on offense but that defense couldn't stop a nose bleed. I haven't seen PH play yet, but I'm surprised Linton didn't put up more than 39.

On 8/20/2023 at 7:47 PM, Donnie Baker said:

Tri Counties at Attica 

Long time reader. First time posting but this football princess is ready to hang with the boys with WRC insights.

BC at Seeger-- unfortunately I'm taking the Patriots, but I think BC will test them. For personal reasons the only other week I'll end up picking the Pats is against Attica because they're the only team in the WRC I despise more.

Crawfordsville at FC-- Call me crazy, but I'm taking Herbie and the 'Stangs. The HOFer has built his entire career on rebuilding programs and FC in year 2 is no exception. Last week was not FC's best but I think Acton will come out with guns blazing.

NV at Paris, IL-- haven't looked hard into this one, but NV's defense will need to step up this week.

PH at WV-- I'll take the Vikes.

Riverton Parke at Carroll Flora- I think it'll be closer than people expect, but I'm going with Carroll.

South Newton at Covington-- I know nothing about the Fig Newtons... so we'll go with Covington and if I'm wrong, I'm wrong.

Tri County at Attica- Not much to elaborate on with this one. Tri County takes the W.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, royalf00tball said:

Long time reader. First time posting but this football princess is ready to hang with the boys with WRC insights.

BC at Seeger-- unfortunately I'm taking the Patriots, but I think BC will test them. For personal reasons the only other week I'll end up picking the Pats is against Attica because they're the only team in the WRC I despise more.

Crawfordsville at FC-- Call me crazy, but I'm taking Herbie and the 'Stangs. The HOFer has built his entire career on rebuilding programs and FC in year 2 is no exception. Last week was not FC's best but I think Acton will come out with guns blazing.

NV at Paris, IL-- haven't looked hard into this one, but NV's defense will need to step up this week.

PH at WV-- I'll take the Vikes.

Riverton Parke at Carroll Flora- I think it'll be closer than people expect, but I'm going with Carroll.

South Newton at Covington-- I know nothing about the Fig Newtons... so we'll go with Covington and if I'm wrong, I'm wrong.

Tri County at Attica- Not much to elaborate on with this one. Tri County takes the W.

I strongly encourage mil,   I mean all hot moms to post on here. I swear to God I do

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! What is up with the heat and humidity this week?? 🥵🔥 

I heard many teams around the Terre Haute metroplex have been practicing before school to beat the heat! That seems like a good idea to me! 🤯

I hope it is not too hot for the boys on Friday night!! ❤️

I wish I knew more about the WRC teams, but I only know what my son and his friends say when they are hanging out at our house!! I planned to do more research about local high school football, but I could not get away from my pool the last few days!! 🧜‍♀️ At least my tan is on point!! 😎

My only two predictions are that the MIGHTY Riverton Parke Panthers will beat the Carroll Floras 🙀 😻 and the South Vermillion Wildcats will win against Sullivan!! 🐯🐅

Good luck to the WRC this week!! 🍀🍀

I am spending the rest of this day laying out at my pool!! @Donnie Baker I could use someone to occasionally give me a spritz, help with tanning lotion application, and top off my beverage!!! 😜🤣

• Haha 1

On 8/21/2023 at 7:24 PM, Wildcat Willy said:

I’ll take…

Seeger

Crawfordsville

Paris

West Vigo

River Rats

Covington 

Tri County

And the game of the week… Sullivan Golden Arrows traveling to my South Vermillion Wildcats.  Historically, Sullivan has the upper hand.  But that streak ends this Friday.  Give me them ‘Cats, baby!!!!

Agreed Willy, SV is going to put the smack on Arrows.

Benton Centrals at Seegers - Only game of interest to me because of sectional reasons. Seeger has a non-existent offense from what I watched. The front line has to make major improvements if they want to look close to as good as the team from last year. Defense showed some heart against LCC but Benton Central is much improved from last year. Give me the Bison by a touchdown or two.

• Like 1

Week 2...

Benton Central @ Seeger - I'm going with the home team Patriots in this one, but the Bison are much improved. 0-2 start for Seeger could derail this year's team. Seeger 26-24

Crawfordsville @ Fountain Central - Both teams got pounded last week. The Athenians are the bigger school and won it at home last year. The home team wins again this year. Mustangs bounce back as they head into conference play. FC 28-18

North Vermillion @ Paris (IL) - The Falcons struck early, but let NC stick around last week. This is week 1 for the Tigers. Expect the Falcons to be more crisp and pull away. NV 36-14

Parke Heritage @ West Vigo - Last year the Vikings used early Woolfs mistakes to take a commanding lead. I think this year the tables will turn, but will be a little closer. PH 34-20

Riverton Parke @ Carroll(Flora) - How good are the Cougars really? How good are the Panthers really? I think some will be surprised one way or another by the results. Panthers earn some respect. RP 28-24

South Newton @ Covington - Trojans beat a bad Tri-County team last week. The Rebels are a little better and should prove to be some rowdy guests at The Complex. SN 28-13

Sullivan @ South Vermillion - Isn't this the Battle of the Golden Helmet? Do the Arrows and the Cats even wear golden helmets? Sullivan is always tough. The boys from Clinton look really tough. I think they win the trophy this year. SV 42-32

Tri-County @ Attica - The Cavaliers continue their try-out for the WRC this week as they take on the Ramblers. Fortunately, some one has to win. Unfortunately, it won't be the home team. TC 24-6 

11 hours ago, Lucy Draper said:

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! What is up with the heat and humidity this week?? 🥵🔥 

I heard many teams around the Terre Haute metroplex have been practicing before school to beat the heat! That seems like a good idea to me! 🤯

I hope it is not too hot for the boys on Friday night!! ❤️

I wish I knew more about the WRC teams, but I only know what my son and his friends say when they are hanging out at our house!! I planned to do more research about local high school football, but I could not get away from my pool the last few days!! 🧜‍♀️ At least my tan is on point!! 😎

My only two predictions are that the MIGHTY Riverton Parke Panthers will beat the Carroll Floras 🙀 😻 and the South Vermillion Wildcats will win against Sullivan!! 🐯🐅

Good luck to the WRC this week!! 🍀🍀

I am spending the rest of this day laying out at my pool!! @Donnie Baker I could use someone to occasionally give me a spritz, help with tanning lotion application, and top off my beverage!!! 😜🤣

I was just at Guion Hills getting pretzels and looking for hot Amish chics on Rump Springers, I swear to God I was. I can probably help but you better get extra lotion. And tequila. I gotta go 

• Like 1

I’ve been busy looking for hot moms with pools in Parke County and almost forgot my predictions. 
Benton Centrals in a close one over Seegers 

The Ponies come back with a nice win over Crawdadsville

North Vermilions over Paris because Crabtrees likes pizza 

The Woofs drop even further down with a loss to West Vigos

The Flora boys will blow out RP

South Newtons over little Trojans 

Sullivan over the cherry pickers. Next week they can start playing the small schools

TC over Attica. Not much to say about this one 

It’s gonna be hotter than Lizzos thighs dancing in yogurt pants tonight so stay hydrated. Pack some extra Zimas for the players and cheerleaders, they get thirsty too. I gotta go. 

Edited by Donnie Baker