Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

4A North,

The chances of the 4A champion coming out of south is probably 95% or better, but that doesn't mean that 4A north isn't interesting. There appears to be several good teams who'll fight it out for the right to contend at Lucas Oil. Right now it seems WIDE open.

We'll always begin with Northwood, but no one can deny that Northridge looked pretty darn good coming into Fort Wayne and defeating North Side. The Legends were without two D1 commitments, but still, Northridge took them out by two touchdowns. East Noble obliterated Luers in their own back yard, yet still didn't garner one vote in the coaches poll. Columbia City, Hobart, New Prarie, Leo, Wayne, Dwenger, New Haven, Kokomo, & Mississinewa. I think 4A north will be fun to watch this year. 

54 minutes ago, BTF said:

The chances of the 4A champion coming out of south is probably 95% or better, but that doesn't mean that 4A north isn't interesting. There appears to be several good teams who'll fight it out for the right to contend at Lucas Oil. Right now it seems WIDE open.

We'll always begin with Northwood, but no one can deny that Northridge looked pretty darn good coming into Fort Wayne and defeating North Side. The Legends were without two D1 commitments, but still, Northridge took them out by two touchdowns. East Noble obliterated Luers in their own back yard, yet still didn't garner one vote in the coaches poll. Columbia City, Hobart, New Prarie, Leo, Wayne, Dwenger, New Haven, Kokomo, & Mississinewa. I think 4A north will be fun to watch this year. 

Why’d the North Side duo not play?  What’d I miss?

Will they be back this week against LN?

4 minutes ago, temptation said:

Why’d the North Side duo not play?  What’d I miss?

Will they be back this week against LN?

Both nursing injuries is all I heard. I'm guessing just a one or two week thing. Hoping they'll be back for Lawrence North, they'll certainly need them if they are going to get the W in this one. 

2 hours ago, BTF said:

I am still curious about this.  Have you seen an official (read: IHSAA) statement about FW Dwenger dropping to 4A for Fall 2023?  Barring a 5A regional win, they will drop for fall 2024, but the only thing I can find is this: 

https://www.ihsaa.org/sites/default/files/documents/Football TSF 2022-23 2023-24.pdf

Dwenger is listed on the last page 

Schools Competing in Larger Enrollment Classification in 2022-23 and 2023-24 Due to Rule 2-5

I just ask, because 4A north is currently 'full' with 4 sectionals of 8.  The only bye is down in Sectional 24.  There would need to be at least 3 sectionals affected/redrawn and moving someone south. Or the alternative would be to move Kokomo up to 5A as the largest school, but that would still mean reshuffling 19 & 20, and maybe even 18. 

7 minutes ago, oldtimeqb said:

I am still curious about this.  Have you seen an official (read: IHSAA) statement about FW Dwenger dropping to 4A for Fall 2023?  Barring a 5A regional win, they will drop for fall 2024, but the only thing I can find is this: 

https://www.ihsaa.org/sites/default/files/documents/Football TSF 2022-23 2023-24.pdf

Dwenger is listed on the last page 

Schools Competing in Larger Enrollment Classification in 2022-23 and 2023-24 Due to Rule 2-5

I just ask, because 4A north is currently 'full' with 4 sectionals of 8.  The only bye is down in Sectional 24.  There would need to be at least 3 sectionals affected/redrawn and moving someone south. Or the alternative would be to move Kokomo up to 5A as the largest school, but that would still mean reshuffling 19 & 20, and maybe even 18. 

My only source is an interview with Jason Garrett from Wane.com. He thinks his team is in 4A, so if they aren't, that's kind of a problem. Harrell's and Sagarin still show Dwenger as 5A.

I've said it before, I'll say it again. To many "viewers" on this forum who don't provide any content. The admin's should make this a pay site with viewership restricted to members only and a minimum of one post per month. One of our regular "viewers" has the answer to this. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BTF said:

I know Dwenger is trying to get back in 4A but so far the IHSAA has not moved on the appeal. As of now they are 5A. 

Edited by Mebuck

39 minutes ago, scarab527 said:

Don't think anyone is hanging with NorthWood this year in the North. 

The real question is whether the Panthers can make it interesting down at LOS...

Quick answer, absolutely not

Itll be 4 touchdowns or more no matter who shows up from the south

Pretty sure @BTF owes me a beer or something from the same statement last year, but I'd have to delve into my post history to remember exactly what

37 minutes ago, Rodney said:

Quick answer, absolutely not

Itll be 4 touchdowns or more no matter who shows up from the south

Pretty sure @BTF owes me a beer or something from the same statement last year, but I'd have to delve into my post history to remember exactly what

You’re telling me a 4A school with guys committed to Georgia/Michigan can’t stay within 28 of East Central?

Really?

Edited by temptation

Just now, temptation said:

You’re telling me a 4A school with guts committed to Georgia/Michigan can’t stay within 28 of East Central?

Really?

I was gonna say. We haven’t seen a 4A school with two legit Power 5 guys on the outside in who knows how long. Not saying I think they’d beat EC but I believe they’d keep it within 4 TDs. 

Northwood’s run defense is going to have to improve. But I felt like Jimtown did nearly everything they could do as far as trying to slow the game down and it was 36-8 going into the 4th.  I’m not ready to make any predictions about making it to Indy but Tuggle is going to make a lot of guys look bad this year.  And with him and Edmond, it will be very difficult on defenses.