Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

HNAC Week 2

Judson is too much for the Comets although I think they will have some tight games with some conference foes just not the Blue Jays.  North Judson

Culver struggles SC gets it done. South Central

Don't know much about Maconaquah Knox 

2 pretty young teams trying to get back on the right track. I think Pioneer stay on the high from last week. Pioneer

This is the closest game of the week for me. I just think Laville has a edge coming off last year and they win this in another close one. Laville 

Friday, Aug. 25

Caston at North Judson - No trouble for Judson this week.  They will roll over the Comets and prep for a more formidable opponent in Culver Academy next week.  Blue Jays 49-0

Culver at South Central - After seeing South Central last Friday, I think they have enough offensively to score on the Cavs.  I'm giving them the nod at home this week.  Satellites 20-12

Knox at Maconaquah - Knox will be tested a bit this week by the Braves who put up a lot of points on Southwood last Friday night.  But they should have enough to get another W.    Redskins 28-21

Pioneer at Winamac - I won't be a believer in the Winamac Warriors until I see them win something.  But I'm a believer that Pioneer is on their way back to the top of the conference.  (Next year)  Pioneer will beat Winamac with a methodical lesson in Wing T efficiency.  Panthers 27-7

Triton at LaVille - I would like to think this is the game of the week, but I really don't know how good either teams is.  I was surprised by LaVille's smallish offensive output at Bremen last week.  Is the Lion's defense good?  Or will it take the Lancers a few weeks to find their footing?  Shively was good running the ball last week, but he'll need to add a passing game against LaVille to keep the Lancer defense honest.  This should be a better game than Harrell is predicting.  (jh PREDICTION: LaVille, 31-3)  But I'll take LaVille at home.  Lancers 21-17

On 8/21/2023 at 4:49 PM, FinePrint said:
Friday, Aug. 25
Caston at North Judson ©, 7:30 pm
Culver at South Central, 7:30 pm
Knox at Maconaquah, 7:30 pm
Pioneer at Winamac ©, 7 pm
Triton at LaVille ©, 7 pm

NJ 50-0

SC 35-6. SC is better than people are giving them credit!

Knox 28-14. I know nothing about Maconoquah.

Pioneer 28-7

After watching Bremen/ Laville game,  I think Triton may have a chance to win this game!  Triton will have to be able to throw the ball some and I think they can!

Triton 21-20

Caston at Judson

I was really surprised when I saw the score for the Comets last week and was thinking that with the classes they have coming up, it would have been a completely different story. But not much to say about the Jays as the running clock starts after halftime. Caston 0 NJSP 54

Culver at South Central

South Central is better than what they showed against Triton. Their defense is the strongest part of their game. SC uses this game to get their run game going. When I saw the interview with Culver with the 46 crew and the coach said they were going to spread the ball out, I had to question why because when I think spread, I am thinking in/outside zone, GT counter, and air raid types of pass plays. Seeing what Culver lost and what they had left, I don't know if this is the offense that we are seeing or if it is more of the Gun-T stuff they were running. But I digress. Culver 10 South Central 21

Knox at Maconaquah 

Was very surprised at Knox's score last week as my thought process was Winamac may have been the team to surprise us all. I think that this is a really good matchup for Knox with a formidable foe and strengthening their schedule. I haven't really heard much from the TRC discussions about what they bring. But I think Knox continues to bring the heat early on in the season. Knox 35 Maconaquah 21

Pioneer at Winamac

My biggest surprise last week was Pioneer knocking off Lewis Cass. My biggest disappointment was the lack luster performance of Winamac. I think Pioneer keeps building that momentum and turn heads in the conference. Pioneer 42 Winamac 14

Triton at LaVille

Game to watch. I read that Triton passed the a total of 5 times with no completions and rushed for 320+ yards with Shively leading all rushers. Watching the LaVille vs Bremen game on Saturday morning on 46, it seemed like LaVille didn't prepare enough for Bremen. They did just enough to get by and they cannot do the same against Triton because that trophy they bragged about, could be making a trip to Bourbon tomorrow night. I am going with the upset. Triton 28 LaVille 21 

Caston/NJ- Jays get clock running early

Knox/Maconaquah- Interesting game- Maconaquah throws the ball pretty well which is Knox achilles heel- but not sure the Braves can ever get the SKins offense off the field- Knox 28-14

Pioneer/Winamac- Winamac without Jones and Allen is really playing with a lot of backup skill players- Panthers 38 Warriors 7

Triton/Laville- hard to go against Laville until someone shows they can get em- Laville 28 Triton 7 

1 hour ago, Gap Down Backer said:

Caston/NJ- Jays get clock running early

Knox/Maconaquah- Interesting game- Maconaquah throws the ball pretty well which is Knox achilles heel- but not sure the Braves can ever get the SKins offense off the field- Knox 28-14

Pioneer/Winamac- Winamac without Jones and Allen is really playing with a lot of backup skill players- Panthers 38 Warriors 7

Triton/Laville- hard to go against Laville until someone shows they can get em- Laville 28 Triton 7 

What happened to jones and allen?

Judson The Blue Jays win going away

South Central a little better than people think

Knox Don't know much about Braves

Pioneer improving and picks up a conference victory 

Triton-LaVille is the game of the week in the HNAC.  Shively is a dangerous QB and Prater and Reichert are added weapons on offense. If the Trojans can find a passing game to keep LaVille honest, there is a chance to get this win for Triton.

LaVille showed last week against Bremen they can be effective running the ball.  If Plummer can find time to throw and have a good completion percentage, that will be a difference maker. Plummer is also threat with his kicking game.  Kid can hit from 50 yds out.

That said, the champ is the champ until beaten.

LaVille in a tight game.

Team with ball last may end up winning.

as always, the game is better 

from_the_sidelines007 

It's looking like the HNAC championship will be a five team race this season between Knox, NJ, LaVille, Pioneer, and Triton. LaVille might be in the driver's seat if they can beat Pioneer next week.

25 minutes ago, AG said:

It's looking like the HNAC championship will be a five team race this season between Knox, NJ, LaVille, Pioneer, and Triton. LaVille might be in the driver's seat if they can beat Pioneer next week.

What if Pioneer wins? Oh wait, none of their players are old enough to have a driver’s license. 

• Haha 1