Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

HCC Week #2

8-0 last week...lets see if we can keep it going.

Avon @ Ben Davis:  Avon hung tough with a solid LN outfit at home last week but came up short whereas BD made the statement of the early season in throttling one of Ohio's best.  Giants may be due for a let down and I expect a bit of a slow start before they begin to roll.  BD wins 42-17.

Fishers @ Pike:  A second straight blowout likely for Fishers as they get the "other" MIC bottom feeder, albeit an improved Pike squad.  The Red Devils will rely heavily on the home field to keep this one close, but I just don't see it.  Tigers roll 38-13.

Hamilton Southeastern @ North Central:  Royals got revenge on their homefield last week avenging 2022's semi-state loss to Carroll.  They'll breathe easier this week as the work in progress that is NC awaits.  Royals win 49-7.

Homestead @ Noblesville:  An interesting matchup of two often overlooked squads in their respective geographic regions of the state.  Spartans earned a moral victory last week with a close loss to Carmel and are out to prove they haven't taken a step back.  Noblesville trying to prove is annual August success is not a fluke this time.  I'll take the home team 27-20.

Indianapolis Cathedral @ Brownsburg:  Best game in the state this weekend in my opinion and both coming off blowout wins.  The traditional power against the upstart squad who hasn't won one in over 30 years.  Were this an October/postseason game I would take the Irish but it always seems like the Bulldogs get up for an early season contest which raises expectations.  'Dogs win this one 27-24.

Indianapolis Roncalli @ Franklin Central:  Franklin Central's time is NOW.  Booming enrollment, solid facilities, and an investment in the football program we have not seen since the 80s.  This is an underrated "rivalry" on the southeast side of Indianapolis as many families have folks on both sides of this one.  I think the Flashes pull a mild upset here.  20-17.

Westfield @ Lawrence Central:  An underrated game on the schedule and two teams coming off blowout wins and looking to get into the state title discussion.  I could see this one going either way and am going to take the easy way out and take the home team by 3 in what could also be viewed as a mild upset.  Bears win 30-27.

Zionsville @ Lebanon:  Lebanon is growing but is not quite ready for the prime time that awaits.  Zionsville gets a breather here after a nail biting win at home last week against Pike.  Eagles win comfortably 37-14.

What say you?

1 hour ago, temptation said:

Avon @ Ben Davis:  Avon hung tough with a solid LN outfit at home last week but came up short whereas BD made the statement of the early season in throttling one of Ohio's best.  Giants may be due for a let down and I expect a bit of a slow start before they begin to roll.  BD wins 42-17.

Fishers @ Pike:  A second straight blowout likely for Fishers as they get the "other" MIC bottom feeder, albeit an improved Pike squad.  The Red Devils will rely heavily on the home field to keep this one close, but I just don't see it.  Tigers roll 38-13.

Hamilton Southeastern @ North Central:  Royals got revenge on their homefield last week avenging 2022's semi-state loss to Carroll.  They'll breathe easier this week as the work in progress that is NC awaits.  Royals win 49-7.

Homestead @ Noblesville:  An interesting matchup of two often overlooked squads in their respective geographic regions of the state.  Spartans earned a moral victory last week with a close loss to Carmel and are out to prove they haven't taken a step back.  Noblesville trying to prove is annual August success is not a fluke this time.  I'll take the home team 27-20.

Indianapolis Cathedral @ Brownsburg:  Best game in the state this weekend in my opinion and both coming off blowout wins.  The traditional power against the upstart squad who hasn't won one in over 30 years.  Were this an October/postseason game I would take the Irish but it always seems like the Bulldogs get up for an early season contest which raises expectations.  'Dogs win this one 27-24.

Indianapolis Roncalli @ Franklin Central:  Franklin Central's time is NOW.  Booming enrollment, solid facilities, and an investment in the football program we have not seen since the 80s.  This is an underrated "rivalry" on the southeast side of Indianapolis as many families have folks on both sides of this one.  I think the Flashes pull a mild upset here.  20-17.

Westfield @ Lawrence Central:  An underrated game on the schedule and two teams coming off blowout wins and looking to get into the state title discussion.  I could see this one going either way and am going to take the easy way out and take the home team by 3 in what could also be viewed as a mild upset.  Bears win 30-27.

Zionsville @ Lebanon:  Lebanon is growing but is not quite ready for the prime time that awaits.  Zionsville gets a breather here after a nail biting win at home last week against Pike.  Eagles win comfortably 37-14.

What say you?

Except for your Westfield vs LC pick, I totally agree  Of course I have to go with my Shamrocks, but agree that this game is a toss up.

• Like 1

Avon @ Ben Davis: Agree completely on all accounts

Fishers @ Pike: I was at the Zionsville/Pike game and actually thought Pike was the better team that night. They just couldn't close the door and Zionsville never stopped fighting. Pike has a mobile QB who can cause damage when he gets out of the pocket. His arm isn't the greatest but he has a few WR's that can beat DB's for a ball. PIke was on the verge of taking a 28-17 lead midway through the 4th quarter when a long TD pass was called backed due to a blatantly obvious OL downfield when their QB scrambled around the pocket.  I'll take Fishers by 10.

HSE @ NC: Agreed. Going to be ugly

Homestead @ Nobleville: I didn't watch the Homestead/Carmel game. I did watch a majority of the Noblesville/Mt. Vernon game up until Noblesville took a monumental lead in the 2nd half. It looks like Mt. Vernon scored a bunch of garbage time points. My one gripe with the Millers the past 2 seasons is their refusal to throw the ball. The kid they had at QB last Friday can definately throw it. And the Millers have an athletic 6'3 TE/WR as well as Aiden Brewer who caught a long TD pass against Mt. Vernon. Brewer is also a TE/WR. The 6'2 JR already has offers from Toledo, Ball State, Indiana, Western Michigan and another school. Noblesville did abodon the Power T for some spread formations a few time. I say all of that to say I hope they will finally incorporate the passing game into their offense. They have a QB who can throw and at least 2 capable receivers. One game at a time, but interested in seeing how Noblesville works the passing game into their offense. I'll take the Millers by 6.

Cathedral @ Brownsburg: Easily the game of the week in the State. You nailed it on the head that Brownsburg seems to win the early season big games. I haven't seen either team play this year. I'll go with O'Neill and the Irish to win a close one by 3. 

Roncalli @ Franklin Central: The Jayson West era in Franklin Township has started out at 8-13 with no defining wins. This is the perfect opportunity to get a statement win against a neighborhood rival. I'll buy what you're selling and agree on a 3 point Flashes W. 

Westfield @ Lawrence Central: The Will Patterson experience is 10-23 through 3 years and 1 game. Similiar to West, Patterson appears to have LC heading in the right direction. I like their chances of competing with Ben Davis for the top spot in the MIC this year. But, I'm also thouroughly impressed by Westfields MOV over New Pal. Perhaps the talent has decreased in New Pal to the point they can no longer hang with 6A teams. That remains to be seen. I'll take Westfield by 13. 

Zionsville @ Lebanon: This is a nice little rivalry game that will continue to develop as Whitestown booms and about one quarter of the town is in Zionsville's school district with the remaining portions going to Lebanon. Just looking at scores I'm expecting it to be a massive blowout considered Lebanon was blanked by Pendleton Heights. Zionsville definately has some weaknesses that need tightened up before HCC play starts. Their offense was very sluggish last week as the QB play was shaky and they couldn't get Eugene Hilton involved in the passing game. Hilton opened the game up with a 90 yard kickoff return for a TD and he didn't see the ball again until late in the 4th with a long reception that put Zionsville in position for the go ahead TD. The Zionsville D Line is very big and agile. They have decent depth and were rotating guys in and out. The LB'ers struggled though whenever Pike got past the line of scrimmage. Much of this has nothing to do with the game against Lebanon. Just rambling on about my observations from last Friday nigh. I'll take Zionsville by 28.

Edited by Boilernation
  • Like 1

On 8/22/2023 at 3:20 PM, temptation said:

What say you?

Ben Davis by 35

Fishers by 17

Hamilton SE by about 56 if they want to

Noblesville by 7

Brownsburg by 3

Franklin Central by 3

Westfield by 10

Zionsville by 24