Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Temp’s Top 25 (College Edition) (Week 3)

temptation

Lot of ranked matchups this week including Ohio state vs Notre Dame, Oregon vs Colorado, Alabama vs Ole Miss, Florida State vs Clemson, UCLA vs Utah, Penn St vs Iowa 

And Washington state vs Oregon St 

Edited by WolvesOnTheProwl
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, WolvesOnTheProwl said:

Lot of ranked matchups this week including Ohio state vs Notre Dame, Oregon vs Colorado, Alabama vs Ole Miss, Florida State vs Clemson, UCLA vs Utah, Penn St vs Iowa 

Gonna find out a couple of teams on this list are pretenders…

Edited by temptation

13 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

Thinking it’s Colorado and Alabama. 

Tommy Rees might not make it through the end of the weekend.

Agree.

Agree.

Switch Michigan and Florida State. Insert USC at #3. 

I've got Notre Dame beating Ohio State and losing to USC. Duke scares the hell out of me. 

3 minutes ago, BTF said:

Agree.

Agree.

Switch Michigan and Florida State. Insert USC at #3. 

I've got Notre Dame beating Ohio State and losing to USC. Duke scares the hell out of me. 

I'm not buying any USC hype until their defense can stop somebody. 

I think Duke's win over Clemson is more of an indictment on Clemson than it is Duke. Solid team this year, especially for program standards, but I don't think they're anything special. I'd be more worried about playing a potentially undefeated and ranked Louisville team at home in a few weeks than I would Duke if I were a Notre Dame fan. Ohio State and Notre Dame should be a barn burner. McCord needed a few games to get his feet under him. 

1 minute ago, Footballking16 said:

I'm not buying any USC hype until their defense can stop somebody. 

I think Duke's win over Clemson is more of an indictment on Clemson than it is Duke. Solid team this year, especially for program standards, but I don't think they're anything special. I'd be more worried about playing a potentially undefeated and ranked Louisville team at home in a few weeks than I would Duke if I were a Notre Dame fan. Ohio State and Notre Dame should be a barn burner. McCord needed a few games to get his feet under him. 

Notre Dame is better than Duke in my opinion. I just think it's a tough game coming off a victory over Ohio State. Similar to Notre Dame beating Florida State, then losing to Boston College the next week (1993 I believe it was). 

On 9/18/2023 at 10:25 AM, Bash Riprock said:

Colorado lost a playmaker and was fortunate against Colorado State......tough game against the Ducks

Yeah, 2 way playmaker who will be in the NFL. That late hit on Hunter was a blantant cheapshot. Not sure how the Colorado State player wasn't ejected. I would be shocked if Colorado can come out of Autzen with a W. Here's how I see the AP Top 25 matchups shaking out this week:

• Florida State over Clemson
  • Oklahoma over Cincinnati
  • Michigan curbstomps Rutgers
  • Oregon easily takes down Colorado but the Buffs will put up a fight
  • UConn hangs with Duke and the Blue Devils pull away in the 4th quarter
  • Miami curbstomps Temple
  • Ole Miss by about 10 in Tuscaloosa
  • I'm going to go with UCLA pulling off the upset in Salt Lake City. I believe Utah still isn't at full strength and Chip gets a statement W 
  • LSU beat Arkansas by about 15 in Red Stick
  • Florida crushes Charlotte
  • Washington State narrowly edges Oregon State at home in the misfit bowl
  • I think Penn State beats Iowa by about 17. I want to say by about 25 but I can envision Iowa burning clock running the ball on drives that end in 0 to 3 points.
  • Freeman gets his marquee win in South Bend and the pressure begins to mount on Day
  • Texas over Baylor
  • Georgia will take out their post South Carolina frustrations on a USF team that Alabama should have manhandled
  • North Carolina narrowly over Pitt
  • Washington will cover the 21 point spread against Cal if Penix plays midway through the 2nd half
  • Surprised to see Arizona State getting 33.5 against USC's defense. Williams and Co. will score at will. USC's D better be able to handle ASU's offense.
  • Like 1

On 9/18/2023 at 10:25 AM, Bash Riprock said:

Colorado lost a playmaker and was fortunate against Colorado State......tough game against the Ducks

Buffs in for a rude awakening this Saturday in Eugene...that pass D is abysmal.  Can't get away with that with Bo Nix on the opposing sideline.

Calling 7-5 for them, still a huge step forward but they won't see the top 25 again after this weekend.

Edited by temptation
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Boilernation said:

Yeah, 2 way playmaker who will be in the NFL. That late hit on Hunter was a blantant cheapshot. Not sure how the Colorado State player wasn't ejected. I would be shocked if Colorado can come out of Autzen with a W. Here's how I see the AP Top 25 matchups shaking out this week:

• Florida State over Clemson
  • Oklahoma over Cincinnati
  • Michigan curbstomps Rutgers
  • Oregon easily takes down Colorado but the Buffs will put up a fight
  • UConn hangs with Duke and the Blue Devils pull away in the 4th quarter
  • Miami curbstomps Temple
  • Ole Miss by about 10 in Tuscaloosa
  • I'm going to go with UCLA pulling off the upset in Salt Lake City. I believe Utah still isn't at full strength and Chip gets a statement W 
  • LSU beat Arkansas by about 15 in Red Stick
  • Florida crushes Charlotte
  • Washington State narrowly edges Oregon State at home in the misfit bowl
  • I think Penn State beats Iowa by about 17. I want to say by about 25 but I can envision Iowa burning clock running the ball on drives that end in 0 to 3 points.
  • Freeman gets his marquee win in South Bend and the pressure begins to mount on Day
  • Texas over Baylor
  • Georgia will take out their post South Carolina frustrations on a USF team that Alabama should have manhandled
  • North Carolina narrowly over Pitt
  • Washington will cover the 21 point spread against Cal if Penix plays midway through the 2nd half
  • Surprised to see Arizona State getting 33.5 against USC's defense. Williams and Co. will score at will. USC's D better be able to handle ASU's offense.

Very solid predictions here....well done.  I think UGA is playing UAB...not USF.

Questions I have this week....

• Will Rutgers play Michigan tougher than most people think?  How real is their improvement this season?
  • Will Bama's O start its improvement this week?  How real is Ole Miss?  Bama and LSU back to back weeks.
  • Sam Hartman vs OSU's D and their pass rushers will be a treat to watch.  (not really a question)
  • Is Michael Penix well on his way to getting an invite to NYC at the end of the season as a finalist?
Edited by Bash Riprock

3 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:

Very solid predictions here....well done.  I think UGA is playing UAB...not USF.

Questions I have this week....

• Will Rutgers play Michigan tougher than most people think?  How real is their improvement this season?
  • Will Bama's O start its improvement this week?  How real is Ole Miss?  Bama and LSU back to back weeks.
  • Sam Hartman vs OSU's D and their pass rushers will be a treat to watch.  (not really a question)
  • Is Michael Penix well on his way to getting an invite to NYC at the end of the season as a finalist?

Ha...You're right. It's UAB. 

• I would be surprised if they do. Not a knock on them. Michigan is just on a different level. If Rutgers is truly improved they should be able to take at least 3 of their next 4 after Michigan
  • No. They have no QB. Hard to run all over the SEC when nobody respects your passing game. This is a pretty good draw for Ole Miss. Catching Alabama at the assumed perfect time in Tuscaloosa, LSU and Arkansas in Oxford. They should be undefeated heading to Auburn. Win that one and it gets real interesting for the Lane Train as they would have 2 home games before heading to Athens. 
  • Agreed. Hartman is the real deal
  • Seems like a given. Love the turnaround this guy has had since leaving Bloomington.
4 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

ASU's starting QB was ruled out 4-6 weeks before the Fresno State game and they lost QB's #2 and 3 during the game.

That I did not know. Should be a blood bath then.

On 9/17/2023 at 5:41 PM, WolvesOnTheProwl said:

What'd we find out.

I think ND and OSU are top 10 teams but neither jumped off the page to me as ELITE at this stage.  Coaching blunders on both sides.

Prime's shine wearing off as Buffs were exposed against a legit team...won't get any easier this week.

Bama went back to Millrose and proved they are still good enough to be in the conversation.

FSU escapes for the second consecutive week as Clemson self-destructs down the stretch.

Utah continues to escape with QB2...will need him back next month.

Same old Iowa.  PSU #2 in the Big Ten?

I think it's highly likely PSU/UM/OSU all hold serve at home meaning those 3 teams all finish with 1 conference loss given the way the schedule plays out. How does the tiebreaker work in that scenario?

There might be multiple B10/PAC 12 teams left out of the playoff assuming Texas and FSU go undefeated which their schedules seem to dictate they will. 

Could this be the year the SEC doesn't send a team period? I think the SEC is massively overrated. Georgia not running the table could end their bid.

Edited by Footballking16

52 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

I think it's highly likely PSU/UM/OSU all hold serve at home meaning those 3 teams all finish with 1 conference loss given the way the schedule plays out. How does the tiebreaker work in that scenario?

There might be multiple B10/PAC 12 teams left out of the playoff assuming Texas and FSU go undefeated which their schedules seem to dictate they will. 

Could this be the year the SEC doesn't send a team period? I think the SEC is massively overrated. Georgia not running the table could end their bid.

Based on what I saw Saturday night (could be overreacting) OSU also has to worry about a night game at Wisconsin and "maybe" Maryland also.  

The tiebreaker would likely fall to record vs crossover opponents and if that is equal than the record of those teams in the Big Ten West whom they played.

Texas rebounded nicely off of a ho hum win over Wyoming (expected after the emotional win at Bama) with a trashing of Baylor.  FSU escaped for the second week in a row and I don't know if that is a blueprint for long term success.

A one loss SEC team will always get in.

Edited by temptation