Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Mid-Season State Finals Predictins

Figured as we approach week 6 (officially over halfway) now would be as good a time as any to sign your name to some mid-season predictions now that we have over a month of data on all schools.

I’ll start:

6A:  Hamilton SE vs Center Grove

5A:  Snider vs Harrison (WL)

4A:  Kokomo vs East Central

3A:  Chatard vs Heritage Hills

2A:  Luers vs Triton Central

1A:  Adams Central vs Lutheran

Whatcha got?

Edited by temptation

• 6A:  Hamilton SE vs Center Grove
  • 5A:  Snider vs Harrison (WL)*
  • 4A:  Kokomo vs East Central
  • 3A:  Chatard vs Heritage Hills
  • 2A:  Rochester vs Triton Central
  • 1A:  Adams Central vs Lutheran

* Assuming that Harrison and Plainfield rematch in sectionals goes the same way as last season with the regular-season loser taking revenge. 

8 minutes ago, Staxawax said:

I may be wrong, but aren't HSE and Brownsburg in the same semi-state?

HSE is in Sectional 3 and Brownsburg is in Sectional 5.  3 is North and 5 is South.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, temptation said:

Figured as we approach week 6 (officially over halfway) now would be as good a time as any to sign your name to some mid-season predictions now that we have over a month of data on all schools.

I’ll start:

6A:  Hamilton SE vs Center Grove

5A:  Snider vs Harrison (WL)

4A:  Kokomo vs East Central

3A:  Chatard vs Heritage Hills

2A:  Luers vs Triton Central

1A:  Adams Central vs Lutheran

Whatcha got?

6A Carroll vs. Brownsburg 

5A Snider vs. Bloomington North

4A Leo vs. East Central

3A Chatard vs. Heritage Hills

2A Rochester vs. Triton Central

1A Adams Central vs. Indy Lutheran

3 hours ago, Tippy said:

It looks like its up to FW Snider to stop the South from getting out the brooms and sweeping the North away.

True north vs south would be drawing a horizontal through downtown Indy. I view it as Central Indiana vs everyone else.

I'm torn on Luers. This doesn't seem to be a good year for 2A North.

No one is mentioning Valpo, that's dangerous. 

Lutheran vs AC seems to be set in stone.

6A North and 4A North are a crapshoot.

10 minutes ago, BTF said:

True north vs south would be drawing a horizontal through downtown Indy. I view it as Central Indiana vs everyone else.

I'm torn on Luers. This doesn't seem to be a good year for 2A North.

No one is mentioning Valpo, that's dangerous. 

Lutheran vs AC seems to be set in stone.

6A North and 4A North are a crapshoot.

We find out a lot about Valpo tomorrow IMO.

2 minutes ago, temptation said:

We find out a lot about Valpo tomorrow IMO.

For sure. I get that divine intervention played a role in their final three victories last season, but they have nearly their entire team back. They have to be considered a serious threat to repeat. If Snider brings it every week, then the title is theirs to lose. Just don't underestimate the Vikings. Tomorrow nights game is arguably the best in the state. Right up there with Brownsburg/Westfield and Columbia City/New Haven. 

5 minutes ago, BTF said:

For sure. I get that divine intervention played a role in their final three victories last season, but they have nearly their entire team back. They have to be considered a serious threat to repeat. If Snider brings it every week, then the title is theirs to lose. Just don't underestimate the Vikings. Tomorrow nights game is arguably the best in the state. Right up there with Brownsburg/Westfield and Columbia City/New Haven. 

Still don’t know how they were mauled by Penn…

53 minutes ago, BTF said:

For sport, I’ll ask the same question about Valpo I asked about Snider over the summer…

How close does Valpo have to be tomorrow night (or do they have to win) to supplant Snider as the 5A favorite?

2 hours ago, temptation said:

For sport, I’ll ask the same question about Valpo I asked about Snider over the summer…

How close does Valpo have to be tomorrow night (or do they have to win) to supplant Snider as the 5A favorite?

No kind of performance supplants Snider as the favorite. Snider has two good victories over Carroll and Warren Central.  That being said, I think Valpo could be a co-favorite if they beat Crown Point by any amount. 

Edited by BTF
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, temptation said:

Well, my opinion is that the favorite is the defending champion which is Valpo, especially with 19 returning starters. I can also see the other side of that and say the most talented team in 5A is Snider, which they were last year as well. 

• Like 1