Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

What is the Call?

4 hours ago, Bobref said:

Team B’s ball, 1st & 10 at the out of bounds spot. No foul.

@BobrefYou should find footage of the City/Lake Central game. 3:25’ish mark on City’s game winning drive. WR literally drops the ball behind his back and the ball hits the ground. Judge on field was about to call incomplete when the sideline judge runs in to call it a catch. How does he make that call over the official who actually had the proper view?

Edited by Boilernation

How bout this gem

Team A Kicks ball off in what is known as the classic KICKOFF, ball heads to the sidelines, heading to the pylon, TEAM B player runs towards the ball watching, TEAM B player ends up out of bounds, the ball is bouncing and the player reaches back in the field of play and grabs the ball while being completely out of bounds, at the 3 yards line.  

Where is the ball spotted ? 

(P.S. I knew this, but been a bit since I've seen it, and yes the crew got it right).  

@Yuccaguyand @Bobref are barred 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Coach Nowlin said:

How bout this gem

Team A Kicks ball off in what is known as the classic KICKOFF, ball heads to the sidelines, heading to the pylon, TEAM B player runs towards the ball watching, TEAM B player ends up out of bounds, the ball is bouncing and the player reaches back in the field of play and grabs the ball while being completely out of bounds, at the 3 yards line.  

(P.S. I knew this, but been a bit since I've seen it, and yes the crew got it right).  

No comment...But this ain't the NFL..  

5 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

How bout this gem

isn't that just kicking out of bounds ?

• Like 1

On 9/30/2023 at 3:49 AM, Yuccaguy said:

No comment...But this ain't the NFL..  

I believe the NFL has changed their rule as well. NCAA still allows this intentionally. NFHS changed their rule 6-8 years ago.

If you intentionally go OOB and and then influence the play (i.e. touch the ball in bounds to cause it to be out of bounds)  you are guilty of illegal participation. In this case the penalty would be enforced 15 yards from the previous spot and re-kick. There is no foul for free kick out of bounds.

The original play could have been ruled correctly as a free kick out of bounds if the crew determined the R player didn't step out intentionally and then touch the ball in bounds.

Edited by JustRules