• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

Head Coach Openings 2017   10/29/2016

Frankton: Randy England Franklin Community:  Adam Reese  Chris Coll hired from Tri-West Martinsville: Brad Rose Lake Central: Brett St. Germain South Bend Clay: Craig Redman Boone Grove:  Tony Tinkel  Mooresville:  Chad Dockery  Wood Memorial:  Caleb Cherry Tippecanoe Valley:  Shriver/Norris Corydon Central:  Andrew Smith Calumet New Tech:  Rik Richards Winamac:  Tim Roth  Tri-West: Chris Coll North Central (Indy) Kevin Kreinhagen

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lebowski

Southern Indiana Athletic Conference 2013

87 posts in this topic

Look for Harrison to be much improved! Hearing a lot of good things from Harrison camp.

By "much improved", are you saying they will have 2or 3 wins or just be more competitive.

Week 1--West vigo --Win

Week 2--no game yet/ Cant lose/ yet.

Week 3--MD--loss

Week 4--North--loss

Week 5--Reitz--loss

Week 6--Central--loss

Week 7--Castle--LOSS

Week 8--Memorial--Loss, Maybe a Win.

Week 9--Bosse--Win, Maybe a loss.

If they pick up a easy game in Week 2 could have 4 wins (Best scenario) Most likely 2or 3 Wins.

Remember, no Killebrew, no Blackman and no Sullivan. They also lost Dugan and Brooks off the line but they do have good size and a little depth there. They will miss Smith and Goines in the secondary and WR but Harrison always has extra speed guys. Even the good kicker is gone.

I do agree, New Coach will help and they will get a little better but who on the list above do they realy beat. (2 or 3 wins and with a cream puff added to the schedule maybe 3 or 4 wins). 2 Wins (1 forfeit) last year, with Killebrew and 2 to 4 wins this year, with help and only 0 to 2 wins in the SIAC/ 1 or 2 wins non Conference.

The Dude could see Harrison and North both as sleeping giants.  Lots of talent walking the halls on the east side of town that didn't step foot on the gridiron just might give it a go.  Not to mention a new philosophy sometimes creates magic with the team.  And up north off of 41 the Dude knows a good proven coach has a veteran experienced QB that has been running his system for 3 years straight now.  Mix that in with the talent pool?  Poo, things just got a little more interesting for the folks that love to watch SIAC football.

The conference is up for grabs and this is probably the first time in a long time that it's been this wide open.

SIAC ranking:

1. Castle

2. Mater Dei

3. Reitz

4. North

5. Central

6. Memorial

7. Bosse

8. Harrison

The Dude could see Harrison and North both as sleeping giants.  Lots of talent walking the halls on the east side of town that didn't step foot on the gridiron just might give it a go.  Not to mention a new philosophy sometimes creates magic with the team.  And up north off of 41 the Dude knows a good proven coach has a veteran experienced QB that has been running his system for 3 years straight now.  Mix that in with the talent pool?  Poo, things just got a little more interesting for the folks that love to watch SIAC football.

The conference is up for grabs and this is probably the first time in a long time that it's been this wide open.

I still see North at #4, in the SAIC, sleeping giant or not. They will not beat Castle and Reitz / Mater Dei are still better football teams/ programs but you could put them in the "next 4 class of teams". Castle by themselves then Reitz, Mater Dei, North and Central.

Harrison's only possible SIAC wins will be against the bottom 3 teams in the SIAC.( Memorial, Bosse and Harrison.) Talent not playing football and spending time walking halls will not beat Castle/ Reitz/Mater Dei who have been playing football in a system their whole young careers. "POO"

You might be right.  The Dude isn't betting on it though.  The Dude's seen a lot of SIAC football and the number 1 constant is the conference seems to work in cycles.  *Yearly 80's, Castle.  Late 80's, Memorial.  Yearly 90's, Bosse, Memorial, and Harrison with some sprinkles of Reitz, Central, and North. (This part of the 90's decade had some major parity.  From 90-95 the were something like 5 different schools crowned champion.  A good example, Castle winning the state crown but not winning the conference crown.  Bosse was crowned champion in 94.)  Late 90's, Harrison.  Early 00's, MD and Reitz with some sprinkles of Castle and Memorial.  Mid to late 00's, Reitz with a sprinkle of Central.  And so far the early 10's, Castle.

*Started with the 80's because that was the start of a single champion.  

This year kinda reminds the Dude of the 1990 and 2004 seasons.  No real clear front runner and a lot of parity throughout the conference.  Every game should be exciting to watch.

The whole work in cycles comment might be a coaching thing.  Not sure though.

Harrison has a lot of new talent playing form the Track Team this year that was walking the halls last year during Football season. Going  to very exciting to

watch. I'm saying they pull off 2 upsets & win 4 games this year. All that said the Coaches have a big task ahead of the a lot of these kids didn't even know what the line of scrimmage was when practice

started. Going to very athletic & deeper than last several years. Very good freshman class look for good things to come from the Eastside in the very near future..

Harrison has a lot of new talent playing form the Track Team this year that was walking the halls last year during Football season. Going  to very exciting to

watch. I'm saying they pull off 2 upsets & win 4 games this year. All that said the Coaches have a big task ahead of the a lot of these kids didn't even know what the line of scrimmage was when practice

started. Going to very athletic & deeper than last several years. Very good freshman class look for good things to come from the Eastside in the very near future..

Hold up a second, I am a Harrison fan, many of my friends went to school there. With that being said, this is 2013 SIAC topic (2013), so this year my picks are what they are. With a good Coach at the helm and kids coming out for a program that in the past was very good, it should make for a very exciting FUTURE for my buddies (who have been misarable) and Harrison fans. Sorry if you were offended.

Chance to win a Sectional :

5A Castle--TH North will be their only road block.

4A Reitz-- maybe Central but I think Jasper and Reitz are better.

3A Maybe Memorial but Gibson Southern/ HH and Vincennes are tough.

2A Mater Dei-- Southridge is a good football team. North Posey and Tell City will have a dog in the fight.

SIAC ranking:

1. Castle

2. Mater Dei

3. Reitz

4. North

5. Central

6. Memorial

7. Bosse

8. Harrison

By "much improved", are you saying they will have 2or 3 wins or just be more competitive.

Week 1--West vigo --Win

Week 2--no game yet/ Cant lose/ yet.

Week 3--MD--loss

Week 4--North--loss

Week 5--Reitz--loss

Week 6--Central--loss

Week 7--Castle--LOSS

Week 8--Memorial--Loss, Maybe a Win.

Week 9--Bosse--Win, Maybe a loss.

If they pick up a easy game in Week 2 could have 4 wins (Best scenario) Most likely 2or 3 Wins.

Remember, no Killebrew, no Blackman and no Sullivan. They also lost Dugan and Brooks off the line but they do have good size and a little depth there. They will miss Smith and Goines in the secondary and WR but Harrison always has extra speed guys. Even the good kicker is gone.

I do agree, New Coach will help and they will get a little better but who on the list above do they realy beat. (2 or 3 wins and with a cream puff added to the schedule maybe 3 or 4 wins). 2 Wins (1 forfeit) last year, with Killebrew and 2 to 4 wins this year, with help and only 0 to 2 wins in the SIAC/ 1 or 2 wins non Conference.

I still see North at #4, in the SAIC, sleeping giant or not. They will not beat Castle and Reitz / Mater Dei are still better football teams/ programs but you could put them in the "next 4 class of teams". Castle by themselves then Reitz, Mater Dei, North and Central.

Harrison's only possible SIAC wins will be against the bottom 3 teams in the SIAC.( Memorial, Bosse and Harrison.) Talent not playing football and spending time walking halls will not beat Castle/ Reitz/Mater Dei who have been playing football in a system their whole young careers. "POO"

In the 2ed quote from the bottom i even said "could have 4 wins (best scenario)".

But if you did not catch them, My picks are above. Again sorry.

Totally agree the program will get better under Brunson, but it will take time. He was a very creative offensive mind at Reitz. Let's not forget many of the Reitz coaching staff followed him to Harrison. These guys know how to win and are sure to have some success. But bottom line, how could he not do better than what they have been in recent years? Ideal situation IMO for a first year head coach. No where to go but up.

Totally agree the program will get better under Brunson, but it will take time. He was a very creative offensive mind at Reitz. Let's not forget many of the Reitz coaching staff followed him to Harrison. These guys know how to win and are sure to have some success. But bottom line, how could he not do better than what they have been in recent years? Ideal situation IMO for a first year head coach. No where to go but up.

I agree, Panther77. The future look bright. (both North and Harrison)

My guess to start with:

1 Castle- until someone proves otherwise

2 Central- best RB in the conference, untested defense though.

3 Reitz - better than some have said, could start slow and finish strong.

4 Mater Dei- always tough

5 North- No more Wilson to hold them back, could be much better.

6 Memorial- no clue

7 Bosse- could be much better if Crutcher stays healthy

8 Harrison- until they prove otherwise, but they have to be better(don't they?)

Any updates from the camps?  Injuries?  Etc. etc.

I am back after a long off season and the lose of my other account. I am VERY excited for the SIAC this year.  In my eyes it is a major free for all and it hasn't been like this in quite some time.

So here's my opinion & the lowdown:

Castle: graduated a ton of great talent, very large team as always but they lost a lot of experience and being from the newburgh area I have heard some talk of a possible struggle year for them. Coach Hurt always manages though so we shall see.

Harrison: very excited, always feel a little bad for this team as they always have good talent but no discipline. new coach + more players could be a true turn around story and like it has it past years, it will depend on discipline. I have seen a few of their practices and they have some serious speed.

Reitz: All I can say about them as of now is I know Coach Hape and he is a very good coach, when its work time its work time and I expect to see a decent team from reitz. With new coach it may take a few games to get the hang of it but look out towards the end of the season.

Bosse: I haven't kept up at all with the bulldogs this pre-season....

Memorial: younger team, returners in key positions. look for Coslett (middle backer) to lead SIAC in tackles and if he has as productive year as last then possibly lead the state. I think their success all comes down to how Warren does this year. Arguably fastest RB in conference but with a small line it may be difficult to get things going we shall see. New QB, have heard good things. They have all the potiental for a great season or a loosing season we will soon find out.

North: never really followed this team, not too sure.

Central: normally well informed but not so much this year.

Does anyone know anything on Jasper this year? Does Memorial have any chances of finally starting their season off with a win and beating the hatchets or not so likely again this year?

Forgot Mater Dei, but I will just place my prediction and I think it will say plenty.

1. Mater Dei

2. Reitz

3. Memorial

4. Bosse (toss up b/w Castle)

5. Castle

6. North

7. Central

8. Harrison (need one more year)

Folks, right around the corner.

Here are some twitter accounts to follow:

@Castle_Football

@CentralBearsFB

@c5brunson (Harrison)

@materdeiwildcat

@MemorialTigers

@North_Football and @coachszabo

@reitzfootball and @whape

Also I would like to add @siacfbscores to that list.  It is something I started because I am very interested in finding scores for other SIAC schools as it happens.  Reitz and Harrison I have covered but I need somebody to follow so I can retweet scores and we can all enjoy scores as close to real time as we can get.  Also interested in BIG8 and PAC scores but SIAC is my main focus.

Finch going to Harrison is a surprise and it might force CHS to change some things up with the no huddle.

Evansville North looks to be for real folks.

Jeff 60 Bosse 48

THN 44 Castle 14

Central 66 N. Oldham 50

Harrsion 28 W. Vigo 22

MD 37 HH 14

Jasper 59 Memorial 29

North 37 THS 20

Hendo 24 Reitz 21

My opinion after week 1:

Mater Dei - Good win on the road to start

Central - Explosive offense as expected, suspect defense as expected

Castle - Didn't expect a blowout

North - Good start

Reitz- Henderson tried to give us the game time after time, very disappointing

Bosse- Offensive firepower

Memorial - Good first half effort at tough venue, we shall see.

Harrison - a win but faded badly in the end

This week is so unpredictable.  The Dude doesn't have a clue about half of the opponents the SIAC schools are playing.  Can anybody out there help the Dude out and provide info?

Here are the schools the Dude doesn't have a clue about the talent, style, etc. etc. etc.

Belleville West (IL)

Paducah Tilgham (KY)

University City (MO)

All others the Dude has a somewhat understanding.