Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

5A North Semi State: Fort Wayne Bishop Dwenger @ Valparaiso

All good for the BFS convo from the coach..maybe locker room first media second? Valpo lost to the hounds by 4 at semi state last yr n moved down to 5a..sounds about right..imo opinion valpo' s line is big across the board..larger than sniders I believe..im sure that can be fact checked..the vikings will be a formidable foe n the game is a toss up in my eyes..if any team could beat the saints during tourney time it would be the aforementioned program (6a ss loss).  Traveling to their campus also will be in their favor.  

1 hour ago, OldschoolFB said:

Let me clarify that.  Preparing as if they will be playing limited or no Offense but will play on Defense.  

Having said that, I just talked to the same guy  who told me that.   

He knows one of the 2 player’s dad in question  and he said that at least one was going to be a go and back to 100%. Take it for what it’s worth but he knows him pretty well    Who knows?!!

Separate topic, I believe Snider’s O Line would be comparable to Valpo in size.  

1 hour ago, BTF said:

Well, one side of Snider's line averaged 315, while the other side averaged 215. So it depends on which side you are referring too.

Good to hear, as long as they’re on the field that’ll benefit the saints in a big way. I see both your points, snider’s side of the line with Holtz was massive, I believe they had another big guy on that side of the line as well. I’m sure you know better than I do. But I thought I remember hearing the other side of the line had a guy or two in 100s or low 200s starting.

2 minutes ago, FWfootball10 said:

Good to hear, as long as they’re on the field that’ll benefit the saints in a big way. I see both your points, snider’s side of the line with Holtz was massive, I believe they had another big guy on that side of the line as well. I’m sure you know better than I do. But I thought I remember hearing the other side of the line had a guy or two in 100s or low 200s starting.

Yes, yes, and yes. 

Good luck to your Saints..................it should be a good one. Dwenger has some big kids themselves. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/16/2019 at 11:28 PM, Mebuck said:

Watching the Valpo vs Michigan City game now... looks like Valpo is a two man show. #27 and #13. The defense looked better against Mishawaka. MC Ran the ball well against them. To be honest not nervous,  I was more worried about Harrison. 

However I have a few more games to watch before friday.

this team in my opinion is a lot better than Harrison. Barely lost in 6A semi-state last year with a lot of the same talent, they seem extremely tough defensively which could be bad for dwenger since the offense sometimes gets a slow start but i think it will be a very good game because they seems to match up in all the right points

On 11/16/2019 at 5:02 PM, Mebuck said:

Just started watching the Valpo vs Mishawaka. Cavemen didn't look good at all. Was it that Valpo was that good or was it Mishawaka was that bad? Anyway I thought Harrison looked great on film. Dwenger handed it to them and took their foot of the gas and got to relaxed. The fact that we have to travel again I will say Valpo has the edge. But this Dwenger team reminds me a little bit of the 2015 team... will see. Is the game at 7:30 eastern or central?

I was surprised somewhat on the Saints offensive ability last week against Harrison. Really did not see much of that during regular season.

6 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

Will Summit City Sports make the trip west on 30 to live stream? I believe the local crew that does every Valpo game is tape delayed and not live.

They made the trip to Lafayette so you would assume they will make the trip to Valpo. It’s about the same distance.

On 11/17/2019 at 4:44 PM, BLKnights7 said:

Kind of bothering to hear a coach say "there was no way we were winning this game tonight". I agree ya you were more than likely going to get beat, what tone does that set moving forward?

I can assure you that the message, game plan and attitude going into the Valpo game from Coach Kinder and the staff was the same as it always is.   To play hard and to win the game...regardless of the opponent.   The quote you referenced, was an honest evaluation after the conclusion of the game.   We as fans want coaches to be honest and forthright but when they are, we don't like that either.  Maybe he just should've said "the better team won tonight?"

On 11/17/2019 at 7:57 PM, Wedgebuster said:

32 minutes ago, southend said:

Valpo better have their big boy panties on for this game , because the Catholics are in town. Dwenger in this one. 

The Catholics are in town?  This is football, not the Crusades, paisan...

Then again, beat your chest all you want.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Boilernation said:

Will Summit City Sports make the trip west on 30 to live stream? I believe the local crew that does every Valpo game is tape delayed and not live.

On YouTube, Summit City Sports has already loaded the 'LIVE' Stream for the game, and you can click on the reminder tab. 

I've seen Valpo personally twice this year and watched a couple games via stream.  They are the real deal.  Personally I think they would have been a legitimate threat for the 6A title this year just like they were last year.  They are loaded with talent and size on both sides of the ball.  It will be quite the atmosphere in Valpo on Friday night.

I posted this on another thread but it's applicable here. After cruising through a weak Sectional field, Valpo (essentially a 6A program) enjoys a significant enrollment gap versus the rest of their tournament foes. 

Don't forget-- Valpo has always been in 6A & would have remained in 6A if the IHSAA didn't make the change to 2 Success Factor points (which kept Snider up in 6A).

Interesting sidenote: Valpo is the largest school in 5A football (2054 students) & just destroyed Mishawaka 49-0 (1477--just moved up from 4A with an enrollment increase). In the Semi State, they take on FW Dwenger (1015-- bottom half of 4A enrollment but bumped up this season due to Success Factor). If Valpo makes it to LOS, the likely opponent will be New Pal (1175-- middle of 4A enrollment).

I saw Valpo in person in week 3 at LaPorte. The Slicers hung with them early (0-0 after 1Q) but it all fell apart late in the half. Final was 35-0. Also saw some of Valpo's miracle comeback over Merrillville. Valpo had more success passing that expected so I hope they open up the offense & air it out a bit more vs Dwenger. Unlike the last 3 weeks, it won't be easy for the Vikings to put 40+ points on the board utilizing a simple run game.

Prediction: Valpo 28 Dwenger 13

38 minutes ago, slice60 said:

I posted this on another thread but it's applicable here. After cruising through a weak Sectional field, Valpo (essentially a 6A program) enjoys a significant enrollment gap versus the rest of their tournament foes. 

Don't forget-- Valpo has always been in 6A & would have remained in 6A if the IHSAA didn't make the change to 2 Success Factor points (which kept Snider up in 6A).

Interesting sidenote: Valpo is the largest school in 5A football (2054 students) & just destroyed Mishawaka 49-0 (1477--just moved up from 4A with an enrollment increase). In the Semi State, they take on FW Dwenger (1015-- bottom half of 4A enrollment but bumped up this season due to Success Factor). If Valpo makes it to LOS, the likely opponent will be New Pal (1175-- middle of 4A enrollment).

I saw Valpo in person in week 3 at LaPorte. The Slicers hung with them early (0-0 after 1Q) but it all fell apart late in the half. Final was 35-0. Also saw some of Valpo's miracle comeback over Merrillville. Valpo had more success passing that expected so I hope they open up the offense & air it out a bit more vs Dwenger. Unlike the last 3 weeks, it won't be easy for the Vikings to put 40+ points on the board utilizing a simple run game.

Prediction: Valpo 28 Dwenger 13

6A or 5A I doesn't matter for the Saints. That is who we play half of our regular season... Dwenger will play anyone.  Hell they would give Purdue a good run.... just kidding 

Kidding  a side they will be ready. From all I have seen on film, they are just like Carroll here in Fort Wayne. 

19 minutes ago, Mebuck said:

From all I have seen on film, they are just like Carroll here in Fort Wayne. 

Not sure that's a good comparison. Dwenger's defense is way better than Carroll's. Carroll had a very good passing game. Isn't Dwenger's offense built around the run? 

Care to elaborate on the comparison?