Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

5A North Semi State: Fort Wayne Bishop Dwenger @ Valparaiso

Just started watching the Valpo vs Mishawaka. Cavemen didn't look good at all. Was it that Valpo was that good or was it Mishawaka was that bad? Anyway I thought Harrison looked great on film. Dwenger handed it to them and took their foot of the gas and got to relaxed. The fact that we have to travel again I will say Valpo has the edge. But this Dwenger team reminds me a little bit of the 2015 team... will see. Is the game at 7:30 eastern or central?

Edited by Mebuck

Watching the Valpo vs Michigan City game now... looks like Valpo is a two man show. #27 and #13. The defense looked better against Mishawaka. MC Ran the ball well against them. To be honest not nervous,  I was more worried about Harrison. 

However I have a few more games to watch before friday.

17 minutes ago, Mebuck said:

Watching the Valpo vs Michigan City game now... looks like Valpo is a two man show. #27 and #13. The defense looked better against Mishawaka. MC Ran the ball well against them. To be honest not nervous,  I was more worried about Harrison. 

However I have a few more games to watch before friday.

You think Harrison is better than Valpo? 

Just now, FWfootball10 said:

Valpo looks like arguably the biggest team in the state. I haven’t seen much but it looks like they go out of shotgun and just run right behind that big line. 

12 hours ago, FWfootball10 said:

Valpo looks like arguably the biggest team in the state. I haven’t seen much but it looks like they go out of shotgun and just run right behind that big line. 

No not saying that at all. Only had 2 games to watch with Harrison.  Could not get a good gauge on them... look at the records of the teams Valpo blew out. Dwenger could have blown out a few bad SAC teams like that to if they wanted too. Dwenger will start rotating 2nd and 3rd teamers when they reach 21 or 28 points. Yes Valpo looks big on the two games I have seen. But Dwenger is not small either. I think they took Tippman and Finley out cause they are not 100% so why risk them when it is 28 to Zip in 4th qt.

1 hour ago, Mebuck said:

No not saying that at all. Only had 2 games to watch with Harrison.  Could not get a good gauge on them... look at the records of the teams Valpo blew out. Dwenger could have blown out a few bad SAC teams like that to if they wanted too. Dwenger will start rotating 2nd and 3rd teamers when they reach 21 or 28 points. Yes Valpo looks big on the two games I have seen. But Dwenger is not small either. I think they took Tippman and Finley out cause they are not 100% so why risk them when it is 28 to Zip in 4th qt.

Just to clarify, I am not saying Dwenger will start rotating players, I ment that as in past games.. I think it will be a hell of a game. All I heard Friday from other BD fans is how Dwenger can't win against Valpo. We should have beaten Homestead, we beat Carroll and Snider. We have seen speed and Power before.

34 minutes ago, Mebuck said:

Just to clarify, I am not saying Dwenger will start rotating players, I ment that as in past games.. I think it will be a hell of a game. All I heard Friday from other BD fans is how Dwenger can't win against Valpo. We should have beaten Homestead, we beat Carroll and Snider. We have seen speed and Power before.

Valpo shouldn’t be anything Dwenger hasn’t seen. Going back to your previous point, yes Dwenger is notorious for being anti run up the score and taking their players out early. I think svarczkopf more so than Garrett but doing that has made scores actually look semi close, like a 2 or 3 possession game when it could’ve been 56-0. Hopefully they were doing that with Finley and Tippmann, I wouldn’t doubt that at all. Need players healthy now. 

1 hour ago, Mebuck said:

I was told Dwenger is going to prepare as if they won’t have Finley and Tippmann.   We will need them but what can you do if they aren’t available. 

What does anyone know about Valpo?

My read is they have a  big offensive  line and running backs?  They will pass but it is definitely secondary to the run.   They are an efficient  passing team when they do.  

On D, big strong front 7.  What kind of speed do they bring to the table on Both sides of the ball?  

12 minutes ago, OldschoolFB said:

I was told Dwenger is going to prepare as if they won’t have Finley and Tippmann.   We will need them but what can you do if they aren’t available. 

My read is they have a  big offensive  line and running backs?  They will pass but it is definitely secondary to the run.   They are an efficient  passing team when they do.  

On D, big strong front 7.  What kind of speed do they bring to the table on Both sides of the ball?  

If that’s true it’s gonna be extremely tough to beat Valpo. That’s arguably their 3 best players out for the biggest game of the year. 

Speed wise Valpo is nothing dwenger hasn’t seen. As far as size goes I think they will surely be the biggest team Dwenger has played all year. 

Edited by FWfootball10

MISHAWAKA — Keith Kinder did not mince words.

There was no reason to.

The Mishawaka football coach knew what his team had run into Friday night.

A truly great opponent.

Visiting Valparaiso simply dominated for 48 minutes in crushing the Cavemen 49-0 in a Class 5A regional game at Steele Stadium.

The No. 2 Vikings, 12-0, will host Fort Wayne Bishop Dwenger (11-1) in a semistate game next Friday night.

Valparaiso claimed its eighth regional title and has outscored its three tournament foes 163-6.

No. 11 Mishawaka sees its season end at 8-4.

“That’s as good a football team as I’ve seen since I’ve been at Mishawaka,” said Kinder. “I told you earlier in the week that this was the best team we have seen this season and it wasn’t even close, and it wasn’t. There was no way we were winning this game tonight.”

Valpo will play a Dwenger team that beat the Cavemen in the Class 4A semistate a year ago and then went on to claim the state title. The Vikings lost 14-10 to Carmel in a Class 6A semistate game a year ago before moving down to 5A this year.

“That team is as good or better than the Dwenger team that beat us (24-6) last year,” said Kinder. “What happened tonight just does not happen to us. We just could not get anything inside the tackles on offense. When you get beat by a better team like we did tonight it does make it easier.”

6 minutes ago, Boilerup said:

MISHAWAKA — Keith Kinder did not mince words.

There was no reason to.

The Mishawaka football coach knew what his team had run into Friday night.

A truly great opponent.

Visiting Valparaiso simply dominated for 48 minutes in crushing the Cavemen 49-0 in a Class 5A regional game at Steele Stadium.

The No. 2 Vikings, 12-0, will host Fort Wayne Bishop Dwenger (11-1) in a semistate game next Friday night.

Valparaiso claimed its eighth regional title and has outscored its three tournament foes 163-6.

No. 11 Mishawaka sees its season end at 8-4.

“That’s as good a football team as I’ve seen since I’ve been at Mishawaka,” said Kinder. “I told you earlier in the week that this was the best team we have seen this season and it wasn’t even close, and it wasn’t. There was no way we were winning this game tonight.”

Valpo will play a Dwenger team that beat the Cavemen in the Class 4A semistate a year ago and then went on to claim the state title. The Vikings lost 14-10 to Carmel in a Class 6A semistate game a year ago before moving down to 5A this year.

“That team is as good or better than the Dwenger team that beat us (24-6) last year,” said Kinder. “What happened tonight just does not happen to us. We just could not get anything inside the tackles on offense. When you get beat by a better team like we did tonight it does make it easier.”

Kind of bothering to hear a coach say "there was no way we were winning this game tonight". I agree ya you were more than likely going to get beat, what tone does that set moving forward?

24 minutes ago, BLKnights7 said:

Kind of bothering to hear a coach say "there was no way we were winning this game tonight". I agree ya you were more than likely going to get beat, what tone does that set moving forward?

Last year he said the same thing about getting beat by a better team when Dwenger beat them which is fine. I do agree though lol that’s kind of a defeatist attitude saying there was no way we were winning.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FWfootball10 said:

If that’s true it’s gonna be extremely tough to beat Valpo. That’s arguably their 3 best players out for the biggest game of the year. 

Speed wise Valpo is nothing dwenger hasn’t seen. As far as size goes I think they will surely be the biggest team Dwenger has played all year. 

Let me clarify that.  Preparing as if they will be playing limited or no Offense but will play on Defense.  

Having said that, I just talked to the same guy  who told me that.   

He knows one of the 2 player’s dad in question  and he said that at least one was going to be a go and back to 100%. Take it for what it’s worth but he knows him pretty well    Who knows?!!

Separate topic, I believe Snider’s O Line would be comparable to Valpo in size.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, OldschoolFB said:

They have a few games on YouTube. Michigan City is a good game to watch. 

15 minutes ago, OldschoolFB said:

I believe Snider’s O Line would be comparable to Valpo in size.  

Well, one side of Snider's line averaged 315, while the other side averaged 215. So it depends on which side you are referring too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FWfootball10 said:

Last year he said the same thing about getting beat by a better team when Dwenger beat them which is fine. I do agree though lol that’s kind of a defeatist attitude saying there was no way we were winning.

I think players appreciate hearing the truth from their coach.   I watched the game on YouTube today......Coach Kinder was correct.  They were the significantly weaker, slower team, and weren't going to win that game no matter how well they played.   Probably good for the players to hear that.   What he is really saying is "boys, if you want to be competitive in these types of games, we are going to have to get bigger, faster, and stronger than we are right now."