• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

Head Coach Openings 2016   06/17/2016

Marion: Ryan Vermilion Craig Chambers Hired from Howe Greenfield Central: Rodger Dodson Adam Sherman Hired Blackford: Steve Rinker Randy Sehy Hired Crawfordsville: Mike Hammons Larry Getts Hired Michigan City: Mike Karpinski Phil Mason Hired from Andrean S.B. Clay: Joe Szajko Craig Redman Hired S.B. Riley Brian Stultz Jarvis Edison Hired Seeger: James Byers Herb King hired from Rockville Logansport: Brad Urban Mike Johnson Hired from Pioneer Danville: Russell Sumner K.C. Woods Hired from Clinton Prairie Kankakee Valley: Brad Stewart Zach Prairie Promoted South Bend Adams: Craig Redman Antwon Jones Hired Noblesville: Lance Scheib Jason Simmons Promoted Bishop Noll: Paul Douglass Colin McCullough hired Jeffersonville: Alfonso Browning Alfonso Browning Promoted Lawrence Central: Jed Richman Bill Peebles Hired from Southport Pendleton Heights: John Broughton Jed Richman Hired Pioneer: Mike Johnson Adam Berry Promoted Ft. Wayne North: Ryan Hall Mike Cochran promoted South Newton: Chris Bell: Brad Beavis Promoted Clarksville: Steve Cooley Joby Turner Hired Tell City: Josh Teague Josh Teague Hired Delta: Grant Zgunda Chris Overholt Hired Lafayette Jeff: Brian Moore Pat Shanley Promoted Batesville: Eric Heppner Evan Ulery Hired Brownsburg: Brett Comer John Hart Hired from Huntley IL Belmont: Larry Getts Marty Ballard Hired Indy Howe: Craig Chambers   Earnest Tucker Hired Cascade: Jason Thompson Steve Spinks Hired Brown County: Ethan Schreiber Randy Minniear Hired Portage: Wally McCormick Darren Rodriquez from Culver Heritage: Dean Lehrman Nico Tigurlis Hired Perry Meridian: Scott Marsh Matt Henninger Promoted Rockville: Herb King John Batty Promoted Frankfort: MIke Quick Joel Sienicki Hired Centerville: Perry Irwin Kyle Padgett Hired Clinton Prairie: K.C. Woods Mike Clevenger Hired Southport: Bill Peebles Brandon Winters Promoted S.B. St. Joe: Ben Downey Byron Whitten Promoted Crawford County: Alan Hess James Bragg Promoted Elwood: Marty Wells Joe Kwisz Promoted Andrean: Phil Mason: Chris Skinner Promoted Norwell: Jeff Miller Josh Gerber Promoted Calumet: Ivan Zimmer Rik Richards Hired Twin Lakes: Justin Gardiner Scott Mannering Hired Culver Community: Darren Rodriquez Mike Zehner Hired From Rochester Bremen: Bob Holmes Jordan Leeper Promoted Decatur Central: Justin Dixson Kyle Enright Promoted Hammond Morton: Rippy Morales Sean Kinsey Hired Lewis Cass: Scott Mannering Jeff Phillips Hired Rochester: Mike Zehner Joe Grant Hired Gary Rooselvelt: Ronald White Rock Creek: Donald Barnett Hired Milan: Rob Page: Ryan Langferman Hired Broad Ripple: Ken McMichel Ethan Schreiber Hired Anderson Prep: Jeffery Dorman Central Nobel:  Jeremy Yates Greg Moe Hired Indy Shortridge: Christopher Edison  Damien Givens Hired Prairie Heights: Eric Heiney Mike Lazusky Hired Heritage Christian: Ron Qualls  Kyle Ray Hired Tell City: Ronnie Robinson  Josh Teague Promoted(Interim)  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blitzkrieg

Indiana Career Rushing Record Watch

144 posts in this topic

Sammy picked up 191 yards on 23 carries against Tipton last week. Toughest 2 regular season defenses are now behind him and only the CIC stands between him and the record as he now needs 1788 yards to break the all-time rushing record.

Week 3 - Blackford will offer the least resistance to Sammy's assault on the record book this year. Elwood should carve up the Bruins defense all night and Sammy will run wild in the first half. Likely wont see the field for most of 2nd half. Could be a 250-300 yard game this week.

I went off varvee. If it changes on there I will update this.

I think Elwood is calling the swing passes out of backfield as rushing yards.

I think Elwood is calling the swing passes out of backfield as rushing yards.

That was the case last week with 2 passes. I don't know who our statistician is this year. I wish we could just get the number right the first time. Discrepancies with numbers are the last thing that needs to happen when you're trying to chase a record. In the end I do believe he will break the record by a considerable margin though. 

it happened in our game as well. I think that's why our stats are different cause we counted them as passing/receiving yards.

I just checked that site and it has it changed to 511 for the single game record.

Link please! ;)

Chase VanSchoyck did break the record last season.  If you check the link you previously posted you will see that it is changed.  It has been changed for sometime.  You also stated that it was an IHSAA record which is misleading.  Individual records are kept by the IFCA on the IFCA website.  There was a press release on the IHSAA webpage when the recorded was broken.    

Most Yards Rushing (Game)
511- Chase VanSchoyck (North Central- Farmersburg 2012)

Link

http://ifca.zebras.net/ifca/candler/announcements/football_records.htm

Chase VanSchoyck did break the record last season.  If you check the link you previously posted you will see that it is changed.  It has been changed for sometime.  You also stated that it was an IHSAA record which is misleading.  Individual records are kept by the IFCA on the IFCA website.  There was a press release on the IHSAA webpage when the recorded was broken.    

Most Yards Rushing (Game)

511- Chase VanSchoyck (North Central- Farmersburg 2012)

Link

http://ifca.zebras.net/ifca/candler/announcements/football_records.htm

Thank you and that's been changed in the last few days.

Reports have Sammy rushing for 275-300 yards tonight. Will get more info this weekend. They played a bad Blackford team and he reportedly did all of his damage in the first quarter and a half. Not sure if he played in 2nd half.

Sammy had 247 yards and 5 touchdowns in the first 18 minutes of the game...Then he had a few decent runs and ended with a little over 300 yards. Ran the ball two times in the 2nd half and then was pulled out for the rest of the game.

He had some great runs tonight. The joy of being an Elwood fan is getting to watch him run every week. Also, he eclipsed the 6,000 yard mark tonight for his career. Congrats to Sammy!

Sammy had 247 yards and 5 touchdowns in the first 18 minutes of the game...Then he had a few decent runs and ended with a little over 300 yards. Ran the ball two times in the 2nd half and then was pulled out for the rest of the game.

He had some great runs tonight. The joy of being an Elwood fan is getting to watch him run every week. Also, he eclipsed the 6,000 yard mark tonight for his career. Congrats to Sammy!

So about how many more yards does he need to break the record, and what would he have to average from here on out to do it?

So about how many more yards does he need to break the record, and what would he have to average from here on out to do it?

17 carries for 321 yards tonight. Needs 1,466 more for the record.

He needs to average roughly 210 yards a game the rest of the year to break the record. That's if Elwood loses in the first round of sectionals. There's a goo possibility that they should play multiple games in their sectional.

I got to see Otis Shannon (the state's all-time rusher) in a couple of games in 2000 and I will tell you this...Shannon had a monster offensive line to run behind at Cathedral (including two D-1) recruits.

If Sammy had that line for the 2 seasons Shannon had, he would already have the record. Of course to be fair, Cathedral did not play teams such as Blackford, Frankton, Alex and others to do it against. Otis faced teams like Ben Davis, Cincy Moeller, Roncalli, etc.

So I guess it's all relative in the game of football.

I got to see Otis Shannon (the state's all-time rusher) in a couple of games in 2000 and I will tell you this...Shannon had a monster offensive line to run behind at Cathedral (including two D-1) recruits.

If Sammy had that line for the 2 seasons Shannon had, he would already have the record. Of course to be fair, Cathedral did not play teams such as Blackford, Frankton, Alex and others to do it against. Otis faced teams like Ben Davis, Cincy Moeller, Roncalli, etc.

Agreed. The argument could go either way. Another few tidbits would be that Otis played a heap of playoff games whereas Sammy has played in only 4 so far in his career. Also, those two lineman you spoke of are both in the NFL now. Jeremy Trueblood who was just released this year by the Buccaneers(I think). And Matthias Kiwanuka of the Giants defensive line.

Huge line or not, Otis Shannon was the best RB this old fan has ever seen in high school!

He not only had eyes in the back of his head, I think he had 'em in his back and feet.

He wasn't the fastest but he was just a natural ball carrier.

I was fortunate enough to see most of the games he played.

BTW, I still have a lot of video from that era and it still amazes me when I pull 'em out and play 'em!

Sammy goes for 346 yards (unofficial) and 7 touchdowns. 1120 more yards to go. Needs to average 186.6 yards per game.

Needed those 7 scores this week! Way to go Sammy. Tougher CIC games still loom but there is no stopping this kid

I got to see Otis Shannon in high school and got to see him again when he played for the Evansville Bluecats (indoor football team).

Great back, unreal vision, and the first guy rarely made the tackle on him.

I would love to see this young man run (Sammy), good luck and stay safe.

I got to see Otis Shannon in high school and got to see him again when he played for the Evansville Bluecats (indoor football team).

Great back, unreal vision, and the first guy rarely made the tackle on him.

I would love to see this young man run (Sammy), good luck and stay safe.

I was lucky enough to see Otis play for three years.

He's as good as I've ever seen!  Then again I'm biased! ;)

Good luck to all those who will be setting records or trying to set records.

Sammy officially went for 365 yards last week. 1102 yards remaining. This week Elwood plays Eastbrook. At Home. For Homecoming. Should be Elwood's toughest game in the conference. Expecting a great one tonight!

FYI....Kiwanuka played tight end at Cathedral and did block for Otis Shannon...

Hoping Sammy still needs over 1000 yds. after tonight.  I know that is a tall order, but a guy can hope right!  I really am rooting for Sammy, just not tonight!  Good Luck to all!  Stay dry out there!

If Otis Shannon got to play terrible 2A teams he could've had thousands of more yards too.  Get a grip. 

By the way Otis also started at Safety, returned kickoffs and punts. 

Does this kid play defense too or are they saving him up to say they got pounded in the playoffs again but they have the all-time leading rusher in the state?