• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

Head Coach Openings 2016   06/17/2016

Marion: Ryan Vermilion Craig Chambers Hired from Howe Greenfield Central: Rodger Dodson Adam Sherman Hired Blackford: Steve Rinker Randy Sehy Hired Crawfordsville: Mike Hammons Larry Getts Hired Michigan City: Mike Karpinski Phil Mason Hired from Andrean S.B. Clay: Joe Szajko Craig Redman Hired S.B. Riley Brian Stultz Jarvis Edison Hired Seeger: James Byers Herb King hired from Rockville Logansport: Brad Urban Mike Johnson Hired from Pioneer Danville: Russell Sumner K.C. Woods Hired from Clinton Prairie Kankakee Valley: Brad Stewart Zach Prairie Promoted South Bend Adams: Craig Redman Antwon Jones Hired Noblesville: Lance Scheib Jason Simmons Promoted Bishop Noll: Paul Douglass Colin McCullough hired Jeffersonville: Alfonso Browning Alfonso Browning Promoted Lawrence Central: Jed Richman Bill Peebles Hired from Southport Pendleton Heights: John Broughton Jed Richman Hired Pioneer: Mike Johnson Adam Berry Promoted Ft. Wayne North: Ryan Hall Mike Cochran promoted South Newton: Chris Bell: Brad Beavis Promoted Clarksville: Steve Cooley Joby Turner Hired Tell City: Josh Teague Josh Teague Hired Delta: Grant Zgunda Chris Overholt Hired Lafayette Jeff: Brian Moore Pat Shanley Promoted Batesville: Eric Heppner Evan Ulery Hired Brownsburg: Brett Comer John Hart Hired from Huntley IL Belmont: Larry Getts Marty Ballard Hired Indy Howe: Craig Chambers   Earnest Tucker Hired Cascade: Jason Thompson Steve Spinks Hired Brown County: Ethan Schreiber Randy Minniear Hired Portage: Wally McCormick Darren Rodriquez from Culver Heritage: Dean Lehrman Nico Tigurlis Hired Perry Meridian: Scott Marsh Matt Henninger Promoted Rockville: Herb King John Batty Promoted Frankfort: MIke Quick Joel Sienicki Hired Centerville: Perry Irwin Kyle Padgett Hired Clinton Prairie: K.C. Woods Mike Clevenger Hired Southport: Bill Peebles Brandon Winters Promoted S.B. St. Joe: Ben Downey Byron Whitten Promoted Crawford County: Alan Hess James Bragg Promoted Elwood: Marty Wells Joe Kwisz Promoted Andrean: Phil Mason: Chris Skinner Promoted Norwell: Jeff Miller Josh Gerber Promoted Calumet: Ivan Zimmer Rik Richards Hired Twin Lakes: Justin Gardiner Scott Mannering Hired Culver Community: Darren Rodriquez Mike Zehner Hired From Rochester Bremen: Bob Holmes Jordan Leeper Promoted Decatur Central: Justin Dixson Kyle Enright Promoted Hammond Morton: Rippy Morales Sean Kinsey Hired Lewis Cass: Scott Mannering Jeff Phillips Hired Rochester: Mike Zehner Joe Grant Hired Gary Rooselvelt: Ronald White Rock Creek: Donald Barnett Hired Milan: Rob Page: Ryan Langferman Hired Broad Ripple: Ken McMichel Ethan Schreiber Hired Anderson Prep: Jeffery Dorman Central Nobel:  Jeremy Yates Greg Moe Hired Indy Shortridge: Christopher Edison  Damien Givens Hired Prairie Heights: Eric Heiney Mike Lazusky Hired Heritage Christian: Ron Qualls  Kyle Ray Hired Tell City: Ronnie Robinson  Josh Teague Promoted(Interim)  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BTF

Penn vs Snider

96 posts in this topic

Thought Snider played pretty well actually. Was a defensive battle for the first 2.5 qtrs. The Panther defensive front was winning the LOS til Penn wore them down late. Think they'll be alright going forward.

I would say that's a fair statement.  Snider defense played five plays to their offense one play.  Panther offense where 3 and out all night, while defense was on the field 75% of the time.  Penn's defense played the run very well.  Penn's defense on the pass was spotty at times, but good.  We had or chances , but could not hang on to the ball.  Good Luck Penn going forward.

Go Pathers!

Thought Snider played pretty well actually. Was a defensive battle for the first 2.5 qtrs. The Panther defensive front was winning the LOS til Penn wore them down late. Think they'll be alright going forward.

What?! No way you should say Snider played well, they had 50 yards offensively. They lost 38-0... There are no moral victories... I know your a Penn fan, your team is really good this year, but to say Snider played well, that's ridiculous...

Can't gain only 60ish yards and consider you played well. Snider has work on all sides of game to improve; D, O & ST

I said for the first 2.5 qtrs... aside from the one big Oakley run, I doubt Penn's offensive number were much better up until the long drive in the 3rd qtr. It could have as easily been a 17-7, 17-14 type of game if Snider capitalizes on the blocked punt and the defense wasn't on the field as much. I didn't feel comfortable/like Penn was playing all that better until we went up 17-0 and ate like 8mins (?) off the clock.

I said for the first 2.5 qtrs... aside from the one big Oakley run, I doubt Penn's offensive number were much better up until the long drive in the 3rd qtr. It could have as easily been a 17-7, 17-14 type of game if Snider capitalizes on the blocked punt and the defense wasn't on the field as much. I didn't feel comfortable/like Penn was playing all that better until we went up 17-0 and ate like 8mins (?) off the clock.

What did Snider do offensively in the first 2.5 quarters to make you think they were in the game? Yes, Snider's defense hung tough for awhile, but offensively Snider was never competitive...

What did Snider do offensively in the first 2.5 quarters to make you think they were in the game? Yes, Snider's defense hung tough for awhile, but offensively Snider was never competitive...

What did Penn's do?

Scored 17 points

It actually could only be a maximum of 16 (counting 2 Safeties)...so I am figuring 12 instead (TD's)?  With the offense kicking the extra points and a FG?  

I know in the FW paper Tippmann said Snider dropped a TD pass in the endzone, so there's 6 that we threw away...not that it would have made a difference in the outcome, but at least we wouldn't have been shut out.

Scored 17 points

As I said, when it got to 17 late/midway through the 3rd qtr (2.5 qtrs in) things changed. Snider's D was on the field for 6-8mins during that drive, were worn down, and the floodgates opened. I think mentally/physically they imploded, they didnt just become less talented. Up until that point it was a pretty even contest with Oakley's short yardage QB sneak turned 50+yd TD run the only noticeable difference in offensive output. That's not start to finish domination, there was a definite feeling out period between the two.

It reminds me of Penn/Carmel in the state game a few years ago. Penn was "dominated" according to the scoreboard, but people forget the first 3-4 Carmel possessions started inside Penn's territory and resulted in a TO and 2-3 FG's before Carmel wore out a very good defense (with the help of an inept Gold Rush offense that couldn't get a first down) and started pouring it on. What gets lost in the end result is that was a very game WB defense even though the team as a whole wasn't very balanced and were blown out.

I think Snider's defense can keep them in most games at the 5A level. Their offense needs improvement, they're not a complete/balanced team yet, but they have something to work with. I could see them riding a strong defense through the playoffs... we did a few years ago.

Penn's playing well, but "domination", "team to beat in 6A north" deserves some context.

Looking ahead, "contextually", St Joe might be a unique/good game if their QB is healthy, but they're not great on defense and should be outmanned/outmatched vs Penn. We've beaten/dominated 2/3 of our sectional already, Sectional 1 doesn't look like it has any world beaters (MVille lost to a good 3A, but still a 3A. Lake Central lost to a .500 5A school). We might get to semi-state before we see a legitimate top to bottom strong team. This is a good win, but not necessarily indicative of how things are going to go. Lot of room for improvement.

Are there any more quotes or "quips" from Tippmann trying to splan/justify total waxing and lack of anything in game?

I was at game and it was bad, probably worse I've seen them play in looooooooooong time. Yes, they dropped TD pass, but lets not turn that into positive, it was not a well thrown ball to begin with. D did have a few bright spots, but the offense was o so terrible. 

Special teams punting is awful, kickoff's poor and FG suspect. That area alone will team cost a game or two, or turn a game they should easily win to a game that they could get beat in.

AAM,

You always seem to have good insight. Question about Snider. Are they a team that can be challenged in the 5A North? I don't think anyone in their sectional will be able to beat them. Looking at the other 3 though: Sectional 9 is wide open but I still have a feeling Mishawaka comes out of it. Concord looks to be the favorite in 10 and Westfield looks like the favorite in 11. Do you think any of those 3 teams can compete with Snider?

All but Mishawaka. The rest can score points in bunches and Snider doesn't look like a team that will win many shootouts. Munster might be the team to come out of sectional 9.

It's likely Concord's regional to lose.

Snider and FW North could be a close one in sectional 12, but I imagine Westfield would be favored in the regional against either by Sagarin based on quality wins.

Concord vs Westfield in semi-state. Probably pick Westfield based on level of competition they've faced throughout the season.

All but Mishawaka. The rest can score points in bunches and Snider doesn't look like a team that will win many shootouts. Munster might be the team to come out of sectional 9.

It's likely Concord's regional to lose.

Snider and FW North could be a close one in sectional 12, but I imagine Westfield would be favored in the regional against either by Sagarin based on quality wins.

Concord vs Westfield in semi-state. Probably pick Westfield based on level of competition they've faced throughout the season.

Good info, thanks

Snider

Another poor performance on a long road trip for Snider. It's no wonder Snider plans to schedule only local games in the near future.

Heard there was some pushing and shoving on the sidelines last week against Northrop. Did Snider just give up in the second half against Penn?

Glad I didn't make the two hour trip.

Remember one thing Snider. You are still Snider. You will recover. You will dominate again, probably even this year. Your choice.

Penn

So Penn beats Snider tonight 38-0. True, Snider never plays good on the road. True, Snider might not be as good as they were last year. But Snider is still Snider. Great win for Penn. In fact, I may rank Penn #1 this week in 6a. Be afraid Indy, be very afraid. Sounds like Penn is back, and it sounds like Penn is BAD. Good luck the rest of the way Kingsman!

If Snider only schedules local regular season games in the future, that could mean next season may be their last chance at redemption vs Penn if Snider stays in 5A.. I hope they keep this in mind and use that as a motivational thought for off season training/pregame/game preparation for next year..

If Snider only schedules local regular season games in the future, that could mean next season may be their last chance at redemption vs Penn if Snider stays in 5A.. I hope they keep this in mind and use that as a motivational thought for off season training/pregame/game preparation for next year..

I also heard Snider will be scheduling games closer to home starting in 2015. I believe you will see Homestead, Carroll, and Leo in the future on their schedule. Honestly, that is not a good thing. I believe it has helped Snider to play teams from around the state, not just their area. As far as redemption against Penn goes, it has been pretty even over the years so I would not get caught up in playing the revenge card. Penn is a quality program, period. No shame in losing to them at all. The only shame Snider should have is laying down instead of giving a full effort. Just one person's opinion... 

As I said, when it got to 17 late/midway through the 3rd qtr (2.5 qtrs in) things changed. Snider's D was on the field for 6-8mins during that drive, were worn down, and the floodgates opened. I think mentally/physically they imploded, they didnt just become less talented. Up until that point it was a pretty even contest with Oakley's short yardage QB sneak turned 50+yd TD run the only noticeable difference in offensive output. That's not start to finish domination, there was a definite feeling out period between the two.

It reminds me of Penn/Carmel in the state game a few years ago. Penn was "dominated" according to the scoreboard, but people forget the first 3-4 Carmel possessions started inside Penn's territory and resulted in a TO and 2-3 FG's before Carmel wore out a very good defense (with the help of an inept Gold Rush offense that couldn't get a first down) and started pouring it on. What gets lost in the end result is that was a very game WB defense even though the team as a whole wasn't very balanced and were blown out.

I think Snider's defense can keep them in most games at the 5A level. Their offense needs improvement, they're not a complete/balanced team yet, but they have something to work with. I could see them riding a strong defense through the playoffs... we did a few years ago.

Penn's playing well, but "domination", "team to beat in 6A north" deserves some context.

Looking ahead, "contextually", St Joe might be a unique/good game if their QB is healthy, but they're not great on defense and should be outmanned/outmatched vs Penn. We've beaten/dominated 2/3 of our sectional already, Sectional 1 doesn't look like it has any world beaters (MVille lost to a good 3A, but still a 3A. Lake Central lost to a .500 5A school). We might get to semi-state before we see a legitimate top to bottom strong team. This is a good win, but not necessarily indicative of how things are going to go. Lot of room for improvement.

Where do you get 10? Penn opened up the second half with a 70 yard drive that chewed 6 minutes off the clock(exactly a half quarter ). Making it 17 points for 2.5 quarters as you stated . 

Where do you get 10? Penn opened up the second half with a 70 yard drive that chewed 6 minutes off the clock(exactly a half quarter ). Making it 17 points for 2.5 quarters as you stated . 

Penn scored 10 points in the first 29:59mins, at 30:00 (?) they scored 17. If you want to call it 17 in the first 2.5 qtrs and I want to call it 27 in the last 1.5 qtrs, whatever. There was a huge disparity regarding when the bulk of the scoring took place/the game became uncompetitive. 

Penn scoring on that drive had as much to do with Snider penalties and their inability to stop Penn on 3rd and long (on at least 3 occasions by my count) as it did Penn's super wonderful unstoppableness on offense. So, again, for 2.5 qtrs it was competitive. Again, after that drive the floodgates opened. 

Hope Snider schedules non conference games not just in area. I hope to keep Penn on schedule and would like too see a metro area Indy school. Nothing wrong with a loss against tough team, as long as the lose is not like what we saw last Friday. But sometimes a lose like that will do team good.

Other than Penn next year, anyone know who else they have for non conference game?

I also heard Snider will be scheduling games closer to home starting in 2015. I believe you will see Homestead, Carroll, and Leo in the future on their schedule. Honestly, that is not a good thing. I believe it has helped Snider to play teams from around the state, not just their area. As far as redemption against Penn goes, it has been pretty even over the years so I would not get caught up in playing the revenge card. Penn is a quality program, period. No shame in losing to them at all. The only shame Snider should have is laying down instead of giving a full effort. Just one person's opinion... 

That makes total sense..I guess I was just bent out of shape about how poorly this game went for Snider..In an earlier post I made, I wrote "Let's just hope history doesn't repeat itself <_< ".  (about poor performances on the road)... And look what happened..Snider needs to learn how to prepare properly for high level, out of town opponents, on the road..and get rid of this reputation, and psyche, keep scheduling top notch out of area competition... I also feel this would be great for Homestead, Carroll, Dwenger, and Luers as well. . If everybody in the conference did this, that would be great.