• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

Head Coach Openings 2016   06/16/2016

Marion: Ryan Vermilion Craig Chambers Hired from Howe Greenfield Central: Rodger Dodson Adam Sherman Hired Blackford: Steve Rinker Randy Sehy Hired Crawfordsville: Mike Hammons Larry Getts Hired Michigan City: Mike Karpinski Phil Mason Hired from Andrean S.B. Clay: Joe Szajko Craig Redman Hired S.B. Riley Brian Stultz Jarvis Edison Hired Seeger: James Byers Herb King hired from Rockville Logansport: Brad Urban Mike Johnson Hired from Pioneer Danville: Russell Sumner K.C. Woods Hired from Clinton Prairie Kankakee Valley: Brad Stewart Zach Prairie Promoted South Bend Adams: Craig Redman Antwon Jones Hired Noblesville: Lance Scheib Jason Simmons Promoted Bishop Noll: Paul Douglass Colin McCullough hired Jeffersonville: Alfonso Browning Alfonso Browning Promoted Lawrence Central: Jed Richman Bill Peebles Hired from Southport Pendleton Heights: John Broughton Jed Richman Hired Pioneer: Mike Johnson Adam Berry Promoted Ft. Wayne North: Ryan Hall Mike Cochran promoted South Newton: Chris Bell: Brad Beavis Promoted Clarksville: Steve Cooley Joby Turner Hired Tell City: Josh Teague Josh Teague Hired Delta: Grant Zgunda Chris Overholt Hired Lafayette Jeff: Brian Moore Pat Shanley Promoted Batesville: Eric Heppner Evan Ulery Hired Brownsburg: Brett Comer John Hart Hired from Huntley IL Belmont: Larry Getts Marty Ballard Hired Indy Howe: Craig Chambers   Earnest Tucker Hired Cascade: Jason Thompson Steve Spinks Hired Brown County: Ethan Schreiber Randy Minniear Hired Portage: Wally McCormick Darren Rodriquez from Culver Heritage: Dean Lehrman Nico Tigurlis Hired Perry Meridian: Scott Marsh Matt Henninger Promoted Rockville: Herb King John Batty Promoted Frankfort: MIke Quick Joel Sienicki Hired Centerville: Perry Irwin Kyle Padgett Hired Clinton Prairie: K.C. Woods Mike Clevenger Hired Southport: Bill Peebles Brandon Winters Promoted S.B. St. Joe: Ben Downey Byron Whitten Promoted Crawford County: Alan Hess Kevin Mills Hired Elwood: Marty Wells Joe Kwisz Promoted Andrean: Phil Mason: Chris Skinner Promoted Norwell: Jeff Miller Josh Gerber Promoted Calumet: Ivan Zimmer Rik Richards Hired Twin Lakes: Justin Gardiner Scott Mannering Hired Culver Community: Darren Rodriquez Mike Zehner Hired From Rochester Bremen: Bob Holmes Jordan Leeper Promoted Decatur Central: Justin Dixson Kyle Enright Promoted Hammond Morton: Rippy Morales Sean Kinsey Hired Lewis Cass: Scott Mannering Jeff Phillips Hired Rochester: Mike Zehner Joe Grant Hired Gary Rooselvelt: Ronald White Craig Buckingham  (AD)  Rock Creek: Donald Barnett Hired Milan: Rob Page: Ryan Langferman Hired Broad Ripple: Ken McMichel Ethan Schreiber Hired Anderson Prep: Jeffery Dorman Central Nobel:  Jeremy Yates Greg Moe Hired Indy Shortridge: Christopher Edison  Damien Givens Hired Prairie Heights: Eric Heiney Mike Lazusky Hired Heritage Christian: Ron Qualls  Kyle Ray Hired Tell City: Ronnie Robinson  Josh Teague Promoted(Interim) Tri:  Adam Kilian:  Andrew Totheroh HC  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RiverRat99

CIC - Week 4

97 posts in this topic

Correct. An assistant coach saw what was taking place and called the authorities. It's very unfortunate that something like this would happen. I have known both of these kids since they were in youth football and was in absolute disbelief when I heard about the situation. Hopefully this shows them the error of their ways and they can learn from their mistakes. I do believe the senior is done with sports for the year. Not good news for our basketball and baseball teams. I do believe the rest of the team is responding to this in a positive way. This week of practice is extremely important for us. 

I have to say that I have great respect for the assistant coach and principal for having the integrity to do the right thing.  Too many times, ethical dilemmas involving coaches, athletes, and athletic programs go down a different path.  Athletes learn that it is okay to be unethical and to break laws.  These young men will understand that there are consequences for their actions.  Not only will the young men that allegedly broke the law learn, but so will the entire team, school, and community.   

So...  with the unfortunate events that have happened with the Elwood football team, who thinks that MG will win the game?  How will the Panthers respond?

Personally, I think that Coach Wells and his staff will have the team prepared for a  hard-fought game.  The kids will respond well and the Panthers continue their quest for a CIC championship.  Who agrees or disagrees?

So...  with the unfortunate events that have happened with the Elwood football team, who thinks that MG will win the game?  How will the Panthers respond?

Personally, I think that Coach Wells and his staff will have the team prepared for a  hard-fought game.  The kids will respond well and the Panthers continue their quest for a CIC championship.  Who agrees or disagrees?

I believe that the Panthers will use this adversity to come out and play hard against the Argylls. At least I would hope that would be the case. They still have their leaders on the team with Sammy, French, Bourff, and Leavell. These guys should be able to rally the troops and get the Panthers ready for battle this week.

I believe that the Panthers will use this adversity to come out and play hard against the Argylls. At least I would hope that would be the case. They still have their leaders on the team with Sammy, French, Bourff, and Leavell. These guys should be able to rally the troops and get the Panthers ready for battle this week.

I agree...  that have a great group of players.  It gives an opportunity for younger kids to step up and get a place at the table!!!

Aw come on CIC every game could be 40+ difference by the visiting team.

How many times has Sammy put the ball on the deck this year? someone told me he fumbled twice last friday

Aw come on CIC every game could be 40+ difference by the visiting team.

Bingo. I don't think this will be a very competitive week.

Eastbrook could score 70+

Mississinewa will force turnovers and Dailey will run wild

Oak hill keeps Frankton off the board with the exception of a sneaky Statue of Liberty TD

Elwood runs all over the MG defense

Very unfortunate for the Elwood program.  Still a very competitive team, lets not let a few bad apples spoil the bunch.  Missing a key couple players hurts, but it is also opportunity for others to step up.  They still have Sammy, and that means they will have the ability to win every game on their schedule.  I dont think it matters this week, Sammy will hold onto the rock and run for over 200.  Elwood over MG

Eastbrook could honestly beat Blackford without a single starter on the team.  Blackford just very weak this year, gonna be a long year.  Eastbrook by a bunch.

Oak Hill will handle Frankton.  Apparantly Sagarin rankings have Oak Hill over Eastbrook and Mississinewa?  Not buying into that, but they have played well so far, it will coninue this week against a weak Frankton team.

Mississinewa better be ready to play pass defense this week.  Last week looked a little rough, we'll see if they have it worked out on Friday.  Alex will pass a lot, and a few T.O.'s and this one could get ugly quick, if Ole Miss doesn't play pass D and get to the QB, it could be a shootout!  However, I don't see Alex slowing down Dailey & Co.  I'll take the the MIghty Indians

Varvee says Sammy no fumbles last friday, that dosent change my mind about his place in the CIC or the state just changes my mind of the person recording the stats. Can someone check the film?

And that does say a lot about the Elwood coaches for doing the right thing with the authorities and that whole unfortunate situation.

Varvee says Sammy no fumbles last friday, that dosent change my mind about his place in the CIC or the state just changes my mind of the person recording the stats. Can someone check the film?

I think Sammy did fumble last week. I'm not 100% though because I wasn't at the game but the people texting me updates said he fumbled.

Varvee is kind of like wikipedia... not a 100% reliable, but still gives you a good idea of where kids and teams are...

Ultimately it is up to the team official to ensure accuracy and maintain an ethical/moral compass when uploading their team's stats.

The IHSAA just entered in to a contract with MaxPreps to keep all records for football in Indiana. They will not accept any stats from other places (VarVee) this year for team or individual records.  Kind of a pain to have to re-enter the first 2 weeks stats.

Week 4 interesting facts

Oak Hill at Frankton

Oak Hill – 6-1 vs Frankton since joining CIC with average game score of 40-12. Will look to continue that this week.

Frankton – Just 7-18 in their last 25 home games. They hope to defend their turf better this week.

Mississinewa at Alexandria

Mississinewa – They are just 7-12 in week 4 games over the last 19 years. Looking to improve that mark this week.

Alexandria – Lost last 11 week 4 games. Need to avoid the dandy dozen this week.

Eastbrook at Blackford

Eastbrook – Have gone 34 straight games without pitching a shutout, the 2nd longest drought in the CIC. I think they get their first one in a while this week.

Blackford – Have given up 40+ points to Eastbrook 6 of last 7 years.

Elwood at Madison Grant

Elwood – Have scored at least 2 touchdowns in 23 of their last 24 games

Madison Grant – Have scored in each of their last 39 games.

Oak Hill at Frankton

Oak Hill pounds another cupcake and likely gets into the 2A top 10 after this week. 

Mississinewa at Alexandria

Every week I've expected the Indians to slip up a little and every week they've turned in strong performances. Alex has a punchers chance in this one but I just don't think the Tigers will be able to handle the bruising rushing attack of Ole Miss for 4 quarters. 48-26 Indians

Eastbrook at Blackford

76-0 

Elwood at Madison Grant

MG is the sexy pick here but I'm not buying it. They are still the same team who lost to Eastern. Might be some growing pains with our new OLB but in the end I don't think it will be close. Sammy will run angry and the Panthers will cruise. 46-20 Elwood

Elwood at Madison Grant

MG is the sexy pick here but I'm not buying it. They are still the same team who lost to Eastern. Might be some growing pains with our new OLB but in the end I don't think it will be close. Sammy will run angry and the Panthers will cruise. 46-20 Elwood

I agree...  I don't see MG hanging with Elwood.  How to you think the Elwood defense will handle the MG double wing offense?

I agree...  I don't see MG hanging with Elwood.  How to you think the Elwood defense will handle the MG double wing offense?

1st quarter will be a struggle. They'll have it sniffed out before long. I trust that our coaching staff has prepared them enough to be effective. We generally struggle on the first series or two before settling in against offenses like theirs. 

Oak Hill at Frankton - The Golden Eagles put together a strong performance in a rout over Frankton. 49-20

Mississinewa at Alex - The Tigers can score, but I don't see them stopping Ole Miss enough. 41-28

Eastbrook at Blackford - Yep, Black Panthers win big. Blackford scores with 2 minutes left on the Eastbrook freshmen, but those freshmen block the PAT!!!! 69-6

Elwood at Madison Grant - I am going with my Panthers this week. They will find a way to fill the holes. 35-27

Oak Hill at Frankton - The Golden Eagles put together a strong performance in a rout over Frankton. 49-20

Mississinewa at Alex - The Tigers can score, but I don't see them stopping Ole Miss enough. 41-28

Eastbrook at Blackford - Yep, Black Panthers win big. Blackford scores with 2 minutes left on the Eastbrook freshmen, but those freshmen block the PAT!!!! 69-6

Elwood at Madison Grant - I am going with my Panthers this week. They will find a way to fill the holes. 35-27

35 - 27?  Do you think Madison Grant is that good or Elwood is that bad?  If Elwood is as great as everyone says they are they should win this by 3+ scores.  Personally I think the closest game in the CIC will come from the Alexandria vs. Mississinewa game.  If Alexandria can come in and play with some emotion and get that passing game going, this could prove to be a very good match up.  Good luck to you all and with the weather change, it feels more like football season!  Should be NICE!!

Personally I think the closest game in the CIC will come from the Alexandria vs. Mississinewa game. If Alexandria can come in and play with some emotion and get that passing game going, this could prove to be a very good match up. Good luck to you all and with the weather change, it feels more like football season! Should be NICE!!

Personally, I don't think it will be close. Alex may pop off a few long passes and even sustain some drives on offense,but they will not stop nor slow down the Indian offense. there may be alot of points scored,but it won't be close.

I am very anxious to see this unstoppable machine (Indian offense) go up against a good team.  They have put up some very good numbers against some not so good teams.  On 9/27, they will be tested for the first time all year.  I bet they won't be that explosive then.

Unfortunately, I dont think the MG/Elwood game will be close. From what I've watched (all 3 mg games), I believe Elwood will dominate.

3 reasons why:

1) The Argylls haven't stopped anybody all year defensively!! Not even Marion...The Giants stopped their selves.

2) The Argylls kill their chances with turnovers & missed assignments.

3) The Panthers are a top 10 ranked team & will have Indiana's soon to be all-time leading rusher. GAME OVER!!!

With all that said....I'm still going to be rooting for MG to put things together & pull off the upset. GO ARGYLLS!!

I am very anxious to see this unstoppable machine (Indian offense) go up against a good team. They have put up some very good numbers against some not so good teams. On 9/27, they will be tested for the first time all year. I bet they won't be that explosive then.

Who said it was unstoppable? I agree that they will be tested on the 27th, just not tonight.

I'm sticking with my pre-season assessment of Mississinewas. Like the last few seasons they will start off with a great record because of their easy non conference and beginning CIC schedule. Then reality will kick in that they're not as good as their record. I think they lose 3 CIC games this year.

Their schedule is built for early success and they do a good job taking care of business against weaker teams. My complaint is that each of the past two seasons we heard about how much ole miss is "bigger, faster, stronger" and other self proclamations. Time will tell when ole miss is ready to challenge for CIC. I don't think it's this year. Next year is another story though, they could be scary!