#16 Coach_Richards

Coach_Richards
  • Jr. Varsity
  • 13 posts
  • LocationElwood
  • High School:Madison-Grant
  • Position:Coach

Posted 09 September 2013 - 10:03 PM

I think the Elwood and MG game is going to be a shootout! I've seen both teams either live or on hudl and think if MG doesn't hurt them self with stupid penalties and fumbled snaps Elwoods Defense will struggle to stop the DW. Oak Hill couldn't stop it MG hurt there own cause and I think MG will struggle to slow done Sammy.

#17 pantherpride

pantherpride

100 Post Club

• Varsity
  • Pip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationEastbrook
  • High School:Eastbrook
  • Position:Fan

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:51 AM

I think if Mississinewa doesn't put some pressure on the Kelley kid from Alexandria, they might be in for more of a game then people might think.  I was very impressed with his arm strength and he is pretty accurate.  They have some pretty good receivers also.  This game might just be a good one.

#18 Wiseman

Wiseman
  • Jr. Varsity
  • 17 posts
  • LocationMarion
  • High School:Mississinewa

Posted 10 September 2013 - 12:35 PM

Yeah, that's a good point. If you've ever seen this kid pitch, you know he's got arm strength!! He's lights out on the mound - THE reason the Tigers tied for the CIC baseball championship. I just think he needs some more guys around him than he has. They can't outscore decent teams like they did against Wabash and Wes-Del. It's a shame that Mississinewa and Elwood have dealt with these discipline issues.... it's unfortunate that some players will always put themselves before their teammates.

#19 pantherpride

pantherpride

100 Post Club

• Varsity
  • Pip
  • 113 posts
  • LocationEastbrook
  • High School:Eastbrook

Posted 10 September 2013 - 12:54 PM

If the article in the Herald Bulletin is correct and these Elwood players were arrested and were caught with Hydrocodine pills in the lockeroom, there should be no place on the team for any type of drug use.  In my opinion that is a deal breaker, no matter who the kid is or how good of a player he is.  Drugs are a real problem and these kids need to understand that it is not even the slightest bit OK to take part in it.  Just my opinion.

#20 Mgfan

Mgfan
  • Jr. Varsity
  • 33 posts
  • LocationFairmount

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:38 PM

It's my understanding that the kids were kicked off the team....So evidently there wasn't any place for that on Elwood's team.

#21 halfbackpass

halfbackpass

300 Post Club

• Varsity
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts
  • LocationElwood
  • High School:Elwood

Posted 10 September 2013 - 02:02 PM

It's my understanding that the kids were kicked off the team....So evidently there wasn't any place for that on Elwood's team.

Correct. An assistant coach saw what was taking place and called the authorities. It's very unfortunate that something like this would happen. I have known both of these kids since they were in youth football and was in absolute disbelief when I heard about the situation. Hopefully this shows them the error of their ways and they can learn from their mistakes. I do believe the senior is done with sports for the year. Not good news for our basketball and baseball teams. I do believe the rest of the team is responding to this in a positive way. This week of practice is extremely important for us. 

#22 Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg

100 Post Club

• Varsity
  • Pip
  • 187 posts
  • LocationIndiana
  • High School:Waldron

Posted 10 September 2013 - 02:54 PM

Just saw the news story on WHTR's website. Sad

#23 Indiansfootball2013

Indiansfootball2013
  • Jr. Varsity
  • 39 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:50 PM

Names shouldn't be released unless it is public knowledge and supported by media.  It will come out eventually when the players are no longer playing on Fridays.  No one should post any names, especially since you or the "news" have speculated that it is drug related! What news article are you referring to?

Indianapolis news stations all reported that the arrests were for drugs or drug dealing.  It's sad that it has happened.  Someone that was there said that the players were arrested in pads and that parents starting fighting in the parking lot.  Just like the Mississinewa kids, I hope that each player involved has learned their lesson and that they can learn from their actions. 

#24 Indiansfootball2013

Indiansfootball2013
  • Jr. Varsity
  • 39 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:57 PM

Eastbrook at Blackford-----This will be the game that Eastbrook puts up the most points for their season.  Thinking they may score 80 and win by at least 50

Elwood at MG---Elwood is down 3 players but the remaining players are out to make a statement.  It will be a shoot out with Elwood winning by 10

Oak Hill at Frankton---Oak Hill wins this one hands down.  The Oak Freshman will get to play the 4th quarter

Mississinewa at Alexandria---This can be a shoot out.  Mississinewa has the running game going and Alex has the passing game.  Mississinewa will have their hands full with Kelly's passing but the pressure will be on him.  Mississinewa wins 56-21

#25 RiverRat99

RiverRat99

300 Post Club

• Coach
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts
  • LocationYorktown, Indiana
  • Position:Ex-player

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:05 PM

I think if Mississinewa doesn't put some pressure on the Kelley kid from Alexandria, they might be in for more of a game then people might think.  I was very impressed with his arm strength and he is pretty accurate.  They have some pretty good receivers also.  This game might just be a good one.

I agree with your assessment of Alex and their QB. BUT... Like the Maconaquah game, it will be close for a half and then...  Mississinewa's size and "depth" will prevail in the 2nd half.  Personally, I believe that Maconaquah is a better team than Alexandria and I don't see the Tigers stopping the Indian Offense.  Even without QB1, and WR1 and 2, the Indians just have too many weapons on offense.  I think that there is a real possibility that this game could break 100 points, but in the end it will be the Indians with the W. 

Edited by RiverRat99, 10 September 2013 - 05:17 PM.

#26 RiverRat99

RiverRat99

300 Post Club

• Coach
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:14 PM

Correct. An assistant coach saw what was taking place and called the authorities. It's very unfortunate that something like this would happen. I have known both of these kids since they were in youth football and was in absolute disbelief when I heard about the situation. Hopefully this shows them the error of their ways and they can learn from their mistakes. I do believe the senior is done with sports for the year. Not good news for our basketball and baseball teams. I do believe the rest of the team is responding to this in a positive way. This week of practice is extremely important for us. 

I have to say that I have great respect for the assistant coach and principal for having the integrity to do the right thing.  Too many times, ethical dilemmas involving coaches, athletes, and athletic programs go down a different path.  Athletes learn that it is okay to be unethical and to break laws.  These young men will understand that there are consequences for their actions.  Not only will the young men that allegedly broke the law learn, but so will the entire team, school, and community.   

#27 RiverRat99

RiverRat99

300 Post Club

• Coach
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:22 PM

So...  with the unfortunate events that have happened with the Elwood football team, who thinks that MG will win the game?  How will the Panthers respond?

Personally, I think that Coach Wells and his staff will have the team prepared for a  hard-fought game.  The kids will respond well and the Panthers continue their quest for a CIC championship.  Who agrees or disagrees?

#28 StevieJanowski

StevieJanowski
  • Jr. Varsity
  • 33 posts
  • LocationElwood
  • High School:Elwood
  • Position:Alumni

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:44 PM

So...  with the unfortunate events that have happened with the Elwood football team, who thinks that MG will win the game?  How will the Panthers respond?

Personally, I think that Coach Wells and his staff will have the team prepared for a  hard-fought game.  The kids will respond well and the Panthers continue their quest for a CIC championship.  Who agrees or disagrees?

I believe that the Panthers will use this adversity to come out and play hard against the Argylls. At least I would hope that would be the case. They still have their leaders on the team with Sammy, French, Bourff, and Leavell. These guys should be able to rally the troops and get the Panthers ready for battle this week.

#29 RiverRat99

RiverRat99

300 Post Club

• Coach
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:51 PM

I believe that the Panthers will use this adversity to come out and play hard against the Argylls. At least I would hope that would be the case. They still have their leaders on the team with Sammy, French, Bourff, and Leavell. These guys should be able to rally the troops and get the Panthers ready for battle this week.

I agree...  that have a great group of players.  It gives an opportunity for younger kids to step up and get a place at the table!!!

#30 CIC_FOOTBALL

CIC_FOOTBALL
  • Freshman
  • 8 posts
  • LocationMadison County

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:03 PM

Eastbrook

Madison Grant

Oak Hill

Mississinewa