• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

MIC Sectional Finals

Spreads according to John Harrell

Carmel @ Brownsburg (-1)

Ben Davis (-32) @ Tech

LN (-4) @ LC

Columbus North @ CG (-28)

Two super intriguing contests, two snoozer contests. 

Predictions

Bburg: 21     Carmel: 14

Ben Davis: 56       Tech: 7

LC: 21          LN: 17

CG: 42         CN: 14

1 hour ago, MICFan34 said:

Carmel @ Brownsburg (-1)

Ben Davis (-32) @ Tech

LN (-4) @ LC

Predictions

I’m with you on Brownsburg. Carmel was so ordinary vs Avon. I get they didn’t need to really prepare, they didn’t need to respect Avon. But at no point in that game did Carmel’s defense rise up and say “enough is enough”. And their offense was minus a passing game. I know they are #2 for a reason, but I think the Bulldogs are a better team.

Brownsburg  27 Carmel 17.

22 hours ago, MICFan34 said:

Carmel @ Brownsburg (-1)

Ben Davis (-32) @ Tech

LN (-4) @ LC

Predictions

The LC vs LN game will be a war. I think perhaps the potential for the best game in the state this Friday. 

LC…they are balling…especially on D. After giving up 48 to Warren Central earlier this year, held WC Friday night to 8 pts. Correct me if I am mistaken, but I think WC’s lone score was a pick 6. If accurate, LC completely shut down the Warrior offense. What a turn around from earlier this season!!  Well done Bears!!  

Big game in Lawrence Friday night!!!

21 hours ago, Staxawax said:

I’m with you on Brownsburg. Carmel was so ordinary vs Avon. I get they didn’t need to really prepare, they didn’t need to respect Avon. But at no point in that game did Carmel’s defense rise up and say “enough is enough”. And their offense was minus a passing game. I know they are #2 for a reason, but I think the Bulldogs are a better team.

Brownsburg  27 Carmel 17.

Man, I want to believe in Brownsburg SO badly.  They have burned me the last three years.

55 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

The LC vs LN game will be a war. I think perhaps the potential for the best game in the state this Friday. 

LC…they are balling…especially on D. After giving up 48 to Warren Central earlier this year, held WC Friday night to 8 pts. Correct me if I am mistaken, but I think WC’s lone score was a pick 6. If accurate, LC completely shut down the Warrior offense. What a turn around from earlier this season!!  Well done Bears!!  

Big game in Lawrence Friday night!!!

Sort of accurate.  Both teams continually shot themselves in the foot on offense but LC’s D was the clear difference.

Yes, Warren’s offense did not score.

Carmel 24-23 over Brownsburg.  A moral victory for the Dogs as it’s much more competitive than last year but I just have to see it to believe it.  Sorry for the lack of hard hitting analysis here.

BD 51-13 over Tech.  Yawn.

CG 45-7 over CN.  CN among the most improved teams in the state since the beginning of the season but their season ends with a thud to the eventual 6A champs.

LN 20-13 over LC.  The Wildcats just have more playmakers than LC though the gap is closing.

Edited by temptation

4 hours ago, temptation said:

Carmel 24-23 over Brownsburg.  A moral victory for the Dogs as it’s much more competitive than last year but I just have to see it to believe it.  Sorry for the lack of hard hitting analysis here.

If you think Brownsburg is on a competitive level then you might as well give them the win…. just sayin’!

1 minute ago, Staxawax said:

If you think Brownsburg is on a competitive level then you might as well give them the win…. just sayin’!

Feel like they will find a way to lose…the Michigan Wolverines of 6A football.

Can’t win big games but beat who they are supposed to.

• Like 1

Let's get these out of the way first...

Ben Davis 48, Tech 7

BD should win going away. The Giants rested almost all their starters in the second half vs. Southport. Tech's had a very good year, but I just don't see much of a chance for the Titans to get their first ever Sectional and first win vs. BD since 1944.

Center Grove 42, Columbus North 7

CG is too strong for the Bull Dogs.

Now, the interesting ones...

Brownsburg 24, Carmel 21

The 'Hounds have just been ok these last few weeks. I watched a lot of the Avon/Carmel game, and I just couldn't shake the feeling that the Greyhounds have been coasting and underachieving for a few weeks. Even the win over Ben Davis which was marred by the ending was the result of a couple of random big plays. I think they're cruising for something. Now, I agree that Brownsburg has stubbed its toe year after year, but I think they'll get it done this year. If not, I still think it's a tight game all the way through.

Lawrence North 21, Lawrence Central 13

LC has made great strides forward this year as a program and Will Patterson has them headed in the right direction. Lawrence North has an underappreciated defense and one of the states best playmakers in Omar Cooper. While it would not at all surprise me to see LC win this one, LN, like Brownsburg, has been at this point before and you feel like they just have to break through at some point. 

On 10/30/2021 at 1:36 PM, MICFan34 said:

Carmel @ Brownsburg (-1)

Ben Davis (-32) @ Tech

LN (-4) @ LC

Predictions

Carmel wins again against Brownsburg. Dogs keep it close though. 23-15 Greyhounds

Ben Davis dominates. 48-0 over Tech

LN wins in a thriller 32-29

CG 42-7 over CN

Ben Davis: 56       Tech: 7

Well, there’s not much to say about Ben Davis vs Tech. Ben Davis wins big

Center Grove: 42         Columbus North: 7

I don’t see how Columbus North can move the ball in this game Center Grove should win big

Brownsburg: 28     Carmel: 21

I’m torn on who to pick in this game I think Brownsburg has a better defense but Carmel with Osbourn at the helm has a very dangerous passing game. I think I will go with Brownsburg in this one but wouldn’t be surprised if Carmel wins

Lawrence north: 21          Lawrence central: 17

Lawrence north vs. Lawrence central is going to be one heck of the battle.  I think Lawrence central has some speed and talent, but Lawrence North is just an all-around better team.

On 11/3/2021 at 7:39 AM, temptation said:

LOL at a school of 5400 "finding a way."

I hear what you are saying and agree to a certain extent.  But there are a number of very large schools in this state that don't come close to this type of success.  Watching the Carmel kids play, they are tough and well coached.  They execute.  And this starts at a very young age in their feeder system.  They are clearly doing something right.  And that's why its tough to pick against them.  Much more than numbers.

They will show up friday expecting to win....that I can guarantee.....

55 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

I hear what you are saying and agree to a certain extent.  But there are a number of very large schools in this state that don't come close to this type of success.  Watching the Carmel kids play, they are tough and well coached.  They execute.  And this starts at a very young age in their feeder system.  They are clearly doing something right.  And that's why its tough to pick against them.  Much more than numbers.

They will show up friday expecting to win....that I can guarantee.....

Oh, I agree completely.  "Finding a way" just comes across to me as David vs Goliah or "against all odds" when actually the "odds" are pretty good that you are going to have success in a numbers driven sport with a high enrollment/SES (there it is AGAIN!).

On 11/3/2021 at 9:34 AM, BDGiant93 said:

Everyone always says this, but 32 Sectionals in what 48 years of the tourney is impressive. 

Reminds me of the NCC schools in pre-class basketball….. Lafayette Jeff, Kokomo, Richmond, Marion…. dominating sectionals for decades.

On 11/3/2021 at 9:34 AM, BDGiant93 said:

Everyone always says this, but 32 Sectionals in what 48 years of the tourney is impressive. 

I know, but.........................5400 students. Shouldn't anything less than a semi-state appearance be considered a disappointment?

34 minutes ago, Staxawax said:

Reminds me of the NCC schools in pre-class basketball….. Lafayette Jeff, Kokomo, Richmond, Marion…. dominating sectionals for decades.

The irony in this post (though no one at Carmel would probably say this publicly) is that sectional titles probably mean LESS at Carmel than anywhere else in the state.

At this point (and anyone who has seen Carmel’s athletic HOF/gymnasium can attest to) I would not be surprised if they just use sectional champion trophies as door stops.

5 minutes ago, BTF said:

I know, but.........................5400 students. Shouldn't anything less than a semi-state appearance be considered a disappointment?

Yes, in most sports.

Edited by temptation

4 hours ago, temptation said:

The irony in this post (though no one at Carmel would probably say this publicly) is that sectional titles probably mean LESS at Carmel than anywhere else in the state.

At this point (and anyone who has seen Carmel’s athletic HOF/gymnasium can attest to) I would not be surprised if they just use sectional champion trophies as door stops.

Yes, in most sports.

I believe their state championship streak in girls swimming is pushing 30 years?