Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Sectional 36

Eastern (Greentown) [7-2] at Eastbrook [8-0]
Lapel [7-2] at Frankton [3-6]
Blackford [1-7] at Tipton [8-1]
Alexandria [3-5] at Elwood [0-8]

Looks fairly cut and dry, but Eastbrook clearly has more of a challenge than Tipton.  If it plays out to be Tipton v Eastbrook, game would be at Tipton.  But there are games to be played before that happens.

Eastern @ Eastbrook - Panther fans have all their Bells shined up with that fresh Tourney paint and ready to go.  Eastern can't handle the hurry up, running clock streak may come to an end, still see the Panthers winning by 30+.

Lapel @ Frankton -  As much as Frankton has been improving throughout the season, Lapel runs away with it.  

Blackford @ Tipton - Tipton by as much as the refs let them win by.

Alex @ Elwood - Second time around, same story, Alex with the win.

It's win or go home time.  Eastbrook with the big #1 Target on their back and Tipton out to prove that last year wasn't a fluke, or a gift.  Could Eastern or Lapel claim the big upset?  Only time will tell....

Good luck to all teams!  Hope all stay healthy and injury free!!!  

Eastbrook will visit Lapel and Tipton will visit Alexandria in the second round, with Eastbrook and Tipton advancing to the sectional championship game, to be held at Tipton.  Eastbrook will go into Tipton and take home a hard fought win and sectional championship!  That’s the way I see this playing out.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BACKSIDEBELLY said:

I couldn’t disagree more.

He's spouted this same crap year in and year out and yet Eastbrook has found a way to win and advance further in the tournament than he had thought (or hoped). Last year wasn't a fluke. The Panthers got beat by a good Tipton team regardless if you believe there was a bad call near the end of the game or not. My prediction is this year the Panthers are looking for some payback and I'm going to say they will keep the pedal to the metal in every game.

5 hours ago, BACKSIDEBELLY said:

I couldn’t disagree more.

This is the kind of team that can win it all! I believe Eastbrook is underrated, even though they just jumped up to the number one spot. I've watched three of their games live(the rest on radio) I have watched 70% of 2a games on several sites including IHSAA channel. 90% of the top 2a contender games.The tougher progression, as the games play out, negates Eastbrooks weak conference. I like the Linton-Stockton Miners in the south and the Panthers in the north. If EHS doesn't rep the north, Andrean will... in my opinion

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, 36_Belly said:

He's spouted this same crap year in and year out and yet Eastbrook has found a way to win and advance further in the tournament than he had thought (or hoped). Last year wasn't a fluke. The Panthers got beat by a good Tipton team regardless if you believe there was a bad call near the end of the game or not. My prediction is this year the Panthers are looking for some payback and I'm going to say they will keep the pedal to the metal in every game.

2017 - Thought Eastbrook was easily best team in 2A.  Thought they'd win state.  They choked against Woodlan in semistate.

2018 - Thought they were about the 3rd best team in 2A (behind Western Boone and Tipton) and that turned out to be the case.  Actually thought they blew a good opportunity in the state game with the onside kick to open the 2nd half.   Just horrible.

2019 - Exceeded my expectations that year.  That team maxed out their potential, if not exceeded it, and I was glad to see it.

2020 - After being assured by you that Eastbrook was way better than they were in 2019, I thought they'd at least win sectional since they went to state the year before.  Needless to say, they fell short of expectations last year.

2021 -  Just read my comments here.  Said I thought they'd be undefeated through the regular season.  Granted, it didn't really take Nostradamus to make that prediction if you looked at how terrible their schedule is, but that does mean that I've been on point so far this season.

Yes, there was a time I'd get on the prediction threads and pick Eastbrook to lose to everyone like Elwood and other crap CIC teams because it was amusing to watch you lose your mind about it but I did not actually think they were going to lose those games.  

Did I "hope" they'd lose some of them they didn't?  That's probably accurate.  There's been numerous instances where I thought things were handled inappropriately within their athletic department and I tend not to cheer for people who I think do the wrong things.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Disdain 1

In previous years, do you think the offense the Panthers run compared to what other teams in the North run has anything to do with their success in the North playoffs. The deeper into the tournament you get the more the weather plays a role in the games played. If I'm not mistaken, Eastbrook runs something similar to a wing-T type offense correct? Because of this offense, the weather has little to no affect on the panthers offense while it might for other teams that allows eastbrook to play its "in the trenches" type of game. Maybe this could have something to do with the Panthers exceeding expectations in the North, and then falling just short at Lucas Oil every year where the weather factor is taken out of the game. Do you think eastbrook wins any of those state games they are in if they don't play in the climate controlled Lucas Oil Stadium?

I understand where you may think I am out to lunch on the Eastbrook vs Tipton game being 31. I just believe it may be a trap game where Tipton plays 2 of the weekest cic teams to be in the final. Eastbrook plays 2 solid non conference teams to get in the post season mode! We will see and maybe I am wrong on total win spread but who knows good luck to all!  😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1