• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

Head Coach Openings 2017   10/17/2016

Frankton: Randy England  Bobby Ryan Promoted  Franklin Community:  Adam Reese  Chris Coll hired from Tri-West Martinsville: Brad Rose  Carter Whitson Hired  Lake Central: Brett St. Germain Tony Bartolomeo Promoted South Bend Clay: Craig Redman  Will Porter Hired from South Vermilion  Boone Grove:  Tony Tinkel   Dan Kukulski Promoted  Mooresville:  Chad Dockery Mike Gillin hired from Indian Creek Wood Memorial:  Caleb Cherry/Archer  Bret Kramer Hired Tippecanoe Valley:  Shriver/Norris   Stephen Moriarty  Hired Corydon Central:  Andrew Smith    Aaron Humphrey Hired Calumet New Tech:  Rik Richards  Rick Good Hired  Winamac:  Tim Roth Craig Barr Hired   Tri-West: Chris Coll Tyler Bruce Promoted North Central (Indy): Kevin Kreinhagen Kevin O'Shea hired from Lafayette Central Catholic Indy Chatard:  Vince Lorenzano Rob Doyle Promoted Paoli: Brian Balsmeyer Jeremy Lowery Promoted Mt. Vernon (Fortville): Doug Armstrong  Neil Kazmierczak  Hired from Lebanon  Bluffton: Randy Hudgins Brett Kunkel Hired Indian Creek: Mike Gillin Brett Cooper Hired Vincennes Lincoln:  Jon Heiden  Levi Salters Promoted  Frankfort:  Joel Sienicki Eric Davis Hired from Tri-County South Vermillion:  Will Porter  Greg Barrett hired from North Putnam Riverton Parke:  Jake Weber Brad Sanders Promoted Elkhart Central:  Levon Johnson Josh Shattuck hired from Seymour Mt. Vernon (Posey) Paul Meirer Cory Brunson hired from Evansville Harrison Richmond:  Matt Holeva  Abe Tawfeek hired from Indy Northwest Lebanon:    Neil Kazmierczak Jeff Smock Hired North White:  Jim Davis Kirk Quasebarth Promoted  North Posey:   Paul Rynkiewich  Waylon Schenk hired from Princeton  Pike Central:  Dustin Powell   Erik Mattingly Hired  John Glenn:  Damon Groves Austin Faust Promoted North Putnam:  Greg Barrett Sam Carnes Hired  Lafayette Central Catholic: Kevin O'Shea Don Coller Promoted  Evansville Harrison: Cory Brunson Lane Oxley Hired Indianapolis Roncalli:  Bruce Scifres Scott Marsh Promoted  Anderson Prep Academy: Jeffrey Dorman Randy Albano Hired Princeton:   Waylon Schenk   Jared Maners Hired Ft. Wayne North:  Mike Cochran Michael Brevard Hired Turkey Run:  Steve Stewart Bruce Scaggs Hired Indianapolis Northwest:   Abe Tawfeek Jonas Williams Promoted Tri-County:  Eric Davis  Sam Zachary Hired Carroll Community:  Mark Brown Kevin Sayler Promoted  Oldenburg Academy:  Wes Gillman  Union County:  Rusty Hensley Joel Hofmann promoted Edgewood: Jerry Bland Brian Rosenburg Hired Seymour:  Josh Shattuck  Michael Kelly Hired Wawasee:  Josh Ekovich Michael Eshbach hired from Eastside Muncie Central:  Adam Morris Scott Pethtel Hired Benton Central:  Ed Roberson  Mike Hammons  Promoted  Western:  Ron Jankovich Alex Stewart Hired New Castle:  Will Ragle  Kyle York Hired Sullivan:  Trent Olson Blaine Powell promoted Northwestern:  Alex Stewart Steve Disler hired  Clinton Central:  Isaac Sturgis Justin Gardiner Hired North Miami:  Mark Lefebvre  Joe Grant Hired from Rochester Spring Valley Justin Scheller Mark Hammond Hired  Edinburgh:  Derrick Ball  Jason Burton Hired Eastside: Michael Eshbach Steve Cooley promoted Rochester: Joe Grant Brian Hooker Hired Cloverdale: Tony Meyer Tom Winder Promoted Hammond Clark: Eric Schreiber  Hammond Noll:  Colin McCullough  Wayne Racine hired Lake Station:  Adam Hudak   South Central:  Eric Stephens Buzz Schoff Hired  Caston:  Brady Jones  Tony Slocum Promoted  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GB4

Deflategate Fallout

250 posts in this topic

The Patriots were already punished for Spygate with what, at the time, was an unprecedented sanction. So if there is outrage fueled by the ESPN story, it ought to be reserved for the Commish, who comes off looking like a boob. In fairness, this all happened within a short time after he took office. But if the ESPN story is true -- the Patriots have specifically denied portions of it, such as the allegation that they taped other teams' practices and walk throughs -- it is very disturbing. I'm trying to picture a bunch of suits jumping up and down on some videocassetes, including Jeff Pash, the league's top in-house lawyer, who certainly should know better. Hope they didn't scuff up their wingtips.

And the Ball Boys are back too!!  All is right in the World today!!   Welp except for the wasted $5 million on the laughable "independent investigation" the NFL paid for.  

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25301812/report-nfl-to-reinstate-patriots-employees-suspended-for-deflategate

Pocket change for them.

GB

And the Ball Boys are back too!!  All is right in the World today!!   Welp except for the wasted $5 million on the laughable "independent investigation" the NFL paid for.  

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25301812/report-nfl-to-reinstate-patriots-employees-suspended-for-deflategate

Perhaps the commish should fund it personally by having it deducted from his annual salary....he would then only receive $39MM for the upcoming year................................ :wacko:

Frankly, the fact that Vontaze Burfict got only a 3-game suspension for his "repeated violations of player safety rules" that have knocked several players out of games, but the Commish tried to give Brady 4 games, gives more credibility to the claim that the Deflategate sanctions were payback from the NFL for what the Pats "got away with" in Spygate ... if anyone still had doubts.

Frankly, the fact that Vontaze Burfict got only a 3-game suspension for his "repeated violations of player safety rules" that have knocked several players out of games, but the Commish tried to give Brady 4 games, gives more credibility to the claim that the Deflategate sanctions were payback from the NFL for what the Pats "got away with" in Spygate ... if anyone still had doubts.

spot on

Are there agreed upon suspension thresholds when it comes to player safety violations like baseball has for PED use?  First violation is X, second violation is Y, third is Z, etc?

I agree with this statement Bob...because on paper, it doesn't make sense.  Player safety is priority, right?

Nothing that Godell has done really has made sense when it comes to him being the judge, jury and executioner 

Seems like a classic case of making up the rules as you go 

When this was all going down last year I said any suspension Brady got would not be for the act itself, but based on how pissed off the league was for him lying about it, going on the offensive and laughing at the league the entire time. When the 4-game suspension was announced I thought it showed the league was really pissed about it. I also think that's why it was overturned by the courts.

When this was all going down last year I said any suspension Brady got would not be for the act itself, but based on how pissed off the league was for him lying about it, going on the offensive and laughing at the league the entire time. When the 4-game suspension was announced I thought it showed the league was really pissed about it. I also think that's why it was overturned by the courts.

League was at fault from jump street.  Don't be blind, this was a public relations move to help the public move past the Ray Rice nonsense that the NFL poorly mishandled, so since 95% of America has a disdain for Winners like Patriots and Tom Brady and Bill Belicheck they figured they would have the dog and pony show to help restore faith in Commish office.  That also backfired and wasted over 5 million dollars 

You can't make this stuff up.

maybe the NFL should just hire a complete Black Ops team

Maybe Seal team 6 to follow around Kraft thru man number 53 on the roster.  

That might appease some

I will be rooting hard for the Patriots this weekend. I love Manning, one of my favorite players of all time. But the prospect of seeing Goodell hand Kraft the Lombardi Trophy - and the Super Bowl MVP trophy to Brady - is just too delicious to pass up.

Edited by bobref

I will be rooting hard for the Patriots this weekend. I love Manning, one of my favorite players of all time. But the prospect of seeing Goodell hand Kraft the Lombardi Trophy - and the Super Bowl MVP trophy to Brady - is just too delicious to pass up.

I concur 

League was at fault from jump street.  Don't be blind, this was a public relations move to help the public move past the Ray Rice nonsense that the NFL poorly mishandled, so since 95% of America has a disdain for Winners like Patriots and Tom Brady and Bill Belicheck they figured they would have the dog and pony show to help restore faith in Commish office.  That also backfired and wasted over 5 million dollars 

If Brady had come out and said, "yes we like to push the envelope of the ball inflation. I like it as close to the low end as possible because it gives me better grip. We probably went too far and for that I am sorry," there would have been a small fine ($25k for equipment tampering is in the CBA I believe) and everyone moved on. I knew he was lying at the first press conference because he said he checks the balls before they are given to the officials because he's very particular, but then said he didn't noticed a 2PSI difference during the first half. There is no way both of those statements could be true. One or the other could be true (and I believe the first one in this case) but not both. Prior to this game the league and the officials did not stress the PSI which is why it wasn't a big focus once the initial pressure was checked. There are several uniform/equipment rules like this. They exist because you need to define something, but unless they are significantly off (i.e. what if the goal posts were 3 inches too low?) you don't worry about it once the game starts. But if you find a team is intentionally doing this and going around your process to enforce it and then goes on the offensive by lying about it, then you have a different issue. The Ray Rice issue probably played a role in how it played out from a PR perspective, but they didn't pursue this because of that issue.

If Brady had come out and said, "yes we like to push the envelope of the ball inflation. I like it as close to the low end as possible because it gives me better grip. We probably went too far and for that I am sorry," there would have been a small fine ($25k for equipment tampering is in the CBA I believe) and everyone moved on. I knew he was lying at the first press conference because he said he checks the balls before they are given to the officials because he's very particular, but then said he didn't noticed a 2PSI difference during the first half. There is no way both of those statements could be true. One or the other could be true (and I believe the first one in this case) but not both. Prior to this game the league and the officials did not stress the PSI which is why it wasn't a big focus once the initial pressure was checked. There are several uniform/equipment rules like this. They exist because you need to define something, but unless they are significantly off (i.e. what if the goal posts were 3 inches too low?) you don't worry about it once the game starts. But if you find a team is intentionally doing this and going around your process to enforce it and then goes on the offensive by lying about it, then you have a different issue. The Ray Rice issue probably played a role in how it played out from a PR perspective, but they didn't pursue this because of that issue.

Probably need to go back and fine Brad Johnson for opening admitting to paying over 6 grand to get the super bowls to his liking, PSI style.

Again my point is this has been happening for year.  But since it was Brady/Pats NFL went silly with it.  

And OH BOY, that Denver D LINE came to eat yesterday.  MERCY ME.  That was impressive.  

Probably need to go back and fine Brad Johnson for opening admitting to paying over 6 grand to get the super bowls to his liking, PSI style.

Again my point is this has been happening for year.  But since it was Brady/Pats NFL went silly with it.

And OH BOY, that Denver D LINE came to eat yesterday.  MERCY ME.  That was impressive.  

But would the NFL went silly with it, if there hadn't been a history with the Pats?  I don't think this would have been near the issue it was, if they had been an isolated case.  I'm not saying the NFL handled it correctly and concur totally that the punishment was excessive...but I disagree with the premise that the Pats are just unfortunate "victims".

Totally agree with your comments about Denver's D....but equally impressive was Brady and Gronk's performance with that level of pressure.  One missed PAT away from that game going to OT.

Edited by Trojan Dad

Was probably the best performance I have seen in my lifetime of getting after the QB. Even when the Patriots brought an extra lineman in the game Miller was in the backfield in a split second. Brady was never comfortable or in a groove, even when he did have time you could see he wasn't confident enough to look down the field.

I thought the Patriot defense played great as well. Miscommunication led to the first TD and a turnover and poor field position led to the second, although it was a very good throw by Manning and a great move by Daniels. It seemed like the Broncos dominated the field position battle all day and I was happy with the way the defense played, especially in the 2nd half when they started getting to Manning a little.

Overall, hats off to Denver, they were clearly the better team in the first half and probably should have been up more than 8. I thought Brady and Gronk were amazing down the stretch, especially Brady, who should have silenced all doubters who thought he was soft or questioned how competitive he is. I felt that Dion Lewis was the biggest missing piece for New England yesterday, no way Denver could have matched him 1-on-1 with a linebacker in coverage like they did with White while focusing on Gronk/Edelman.

Still confident the Patriots will get back to this game at least again before Brady hangs 'em up, although not having a first round pick doesn't sit well right now...gotta build the OL with another piece or 2 and get a WR that can go deep. Defense is young and loaded with talent.

I would watch these 2 teams play 10 times!!  Fun Fun Fun.  

FishDuck:  Spot on about Lewis vs White out on the SE vs OLB/MLB's  Tough matchups and White and Brady were a wee bit off.  

Should be a fantastic superbowl of 2 really good teams.  

Agreed Coach Nowlin.  Two outstanding teams just getting after it.  What a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon.  

Both Defenses were excellent, special teams made big plays to flip the field, and both QB's demonstrated the unmatched, competitive drive that has defined what has truly been an amazing rivalry.  I know the nature of sports media, demands the legacy, GOAT talk, but no matter which of those two Quarterbacks you root for, if you can't appreciate their greatness, you're doing it wrong.  

Denver put together and then more importantly executed one of the best defensive game-plans I have ever seen to lead the Broncos to SB 50, and yet Brady still had a shot to send the game into over-time.  That 4th and 10 pass to Gronk --an absolute force of nature, could you design a more perfect TE in a lab?-- was a thing of beauty. 

For all the talk about Manning's decline, he made enough plays to finish Red-Zone opportunities with TD's, get a lead, and avoid a critical mistake, to help win a third consecutive AFC championship match-up against Belichick, Brady, and the Pats.

Just an awesome, awesome display of why football is such a great game.

I have no doubt the Patriots will most likely be back competing for another Super Bowl appearance next season, but am going to enjoy watching Manning head to his fourth Super Bowl, with a fourth head coach, and will be rooting for him to become the first QB to win Super Bowl's with two different teams.

I think the Patriots' right OT is still in his stance. In the second half, he looked like he was in a revolving door. I certainly expect the Patriots to address that issue in the off season. That they were able to achieve what they did with the patchwork quilt that was their O-line this season was nothing short of miraculous.

not kicking field goals was bad mistake

yea !