• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

Head Coach Openings 2017   10/17/2016

Frankton: Randy England  Bobby Ryan Promoted  Franklin Community:  Adam Reese  Chris Coll hired from Tri-West Martinsville: Brad Rose  Carter Whitson Hired  Lake Central: Brett St. Germain Tony Bartolomeo Promoted South Bend Clay: Craig Redman  Will Porter Hired from South Vermilion  Boone Grove:  Tony Tinkel   Dan Kukulski Promoted  Mooresville:  Chad Dockery Mike Gillin hired from Indian Creek Wood Memorial:  Caleb Cherry/Archer  Bret Kramer Hired Tippecanoe Valley:  Shriver/Norris   Stephen Moriarty  Hired Corydon Central:  Andrew Smith    Aaron Humphrey Hired Calumet New Tech:  Rik Richards  Rick Good Hired  Winamac:  Tim Roth Craig Barr Hired   Tri-West: Chris Coll Tyler Bruce Promoted North Central (Indy): Kevin Kreinhagen Kevin O'Shea hired from Lafayette Central Catholic Indy Chatard:  Vince Lorenzano Rob Doyle Promoted Paoli: Brian Balsmeyer Jeremy Lowery Promoted Mt. Vernon (Fortville): Doug Armstrong  Neil Kazmierczak  Hired from Lebanon  Bluffton: Randy Hudgins Brett Kunkel Hired Indian Creek: Mike Gillin Brett Cooper Hired Vincennes Lincoln:  Jon Heiden  Levi Salters Promoted  Frankfort:  Joel Sienicki Eric Davis Hired from Tri-County South Vermillion:  Will Porter  Greg Barrett hired from North Putnam Riverton Parke:  Jake Weber Brad Sanders Promoted Elkhart Central:  Levon Johnson Josh Shattuck hired from Seymour Mt. Vernon (Posey) Paul Meirer Cory Brunson hired from Evansville Harrison Richmond:  Matt Holeva  Abe Tawfeek hired from Indy Northwest Lebanon:    Neil Kazmierczak Jeff Smock Hired North White:  Jim Davis Kirk Quasebarth Promoted  North Posey:   Paul Rynkiewich  Waylon Schenk hired from Princeton  Pike Central:  Dustin Powell   Erik Mattingly Hired  John Glenn:  Damon Groves Austin Faust Promoted North Putnam:  Greg Barrett Sam Carnes Hired  Lafayette Central Catholic: Kevin O'Shea Don Coller Promoted  Evansville Harrison: Cory Brunson Lane Oxley Hired Indianapolis Roncalli:  Bruce Scifres Scott Marsh Promoted  Anderson Prep Academy: Jeffrey Dorman Randy Albano Hired Princeton:   Waylon Schenk   Jared Maners Hired Ft. Wayne North:  Mike Cochran Michael Brevard Hired Turkey Run:  Steve Stewart Bruce Scaggs Hired Indianapolis Northwest:   Abe Tawfeek Jonas Williams Promoted Tri-County:  Eric Davis  Sam Zachary Hired Carroll Community:  Mark Brown Kevin Sayler Promoted  Oldenburg Academy:  Wes Gillman  Union County:  Rusty Hensley Joel Hofmann promoted Edgewood: Jerry Bland Brian Rosenburg Hired Seymour:  Josh Shattuck  Michael Kelly Hired Wawasee:  Josh Ekovich Michael Eshbach hired from Eastside Muncie Central:  Adam Morris Scott Pethtel Hired Benton Central:  Ed Roberson  Mike Hammons  Promoted  Western:  Ron Jankovich Alex Stewart Hired New Castle:  Will Ragle  Kyle York Hired Sullivan:  Trent Olson Blaine Powell promoted Northwestern:  Alex Stewart Steve Disler hired  Clinton Central:  Isaac Sturgis Justin Gardiner Hired North Miami:  Mark Lefebvre  Joe Grant Hired from Rochester Spring Valley Justin Scheller Mark Hammond Hired  Edinburgh:  Derrick Ball  Jason Burton Hired Eastside: Michael Eshbach Steve Cooley promoted Rochester: Joe Grant Brian Hooker Hired Cloverdale: Tony Meyer Tom Winder Promoted Hammond Clark: Eric Schreiber  Hammond Noll:  Colin McCullough  Wayne Racine hired Lake Station:  Adam Hudak   South Central:  Eric Stephens Buzz Schoff Hired  Caston:  Brady Jones  Tony Slocum Promoted  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Caveman

Mishawaka at Cathedral

68 posts in this topic

Does Cathedral have a home field? Thoughts on the game..

Cathedral does not have a home field and their home game locations vary based on what's open. Generally the Lawrence Schools, Tech, or Lucas Oil for most home games.

I think this game is at Tech High school.  We do not have a home field.  I love playing at Tech, it's a great place to watch a game.

I think this game is at Tech High school.  We do not have a home field.  I love playing at Tech, it's a great place to watch a game.

You are correct on all points, as usual! :)

I'm looking forward to coming down for the game.  It will be nice to see how we measure up to Cathedral.

I'm looking forward to coming down for the game.  It will be nice to see how we measure up to Cathedral.

You will have a very welcoming time, I will assure you!  

Great!!  Should be a fun weekend.  Some buddies & I plan on leaving early & golfing at Purgatory, game Friday night & ND/Texas on Saturday....plus it's labor day weekend.  

Can you offer any suggestions on where to park at Tech?

Plenty of parking at Tech. Great venue for watching HS football.

Cathedral fans are great ans.  They know how to tailgate.  Many like to talk football.  Enjoyed our game down there 2 years ago.

The one thing is the Cathedral team you see in September will probably not resemble the team come playoff time.

Anxious to see if Mishawaka can attack their defense by running the ball

Cathedral fans are great ans. They know how to tailgate. Many like to talk football. Enjoyed our game down there 2 years ago.

The one thing is the Cathedral team you see in September will probably not resemble the team come playoff time.

Anxious to see if Mishawaka can attack their defense by running the ball

I'd say to date Cathedral's biggest strength by far and away is their run defense. They absolutely shut down LC in week 1, a team that gashed Chatard last night, and held Moeller to a little over 2 yards a carry in 40+ attempts last night. No disrespect to Mishawaka, but I think the Irish will see a pretty big drop off talent wise from last weeks opponent to this weeks and they should have their way. That being said, CHS still needs to execute because upsets are part of the game.

I would really like to see Cathedral shore up its passing game this week. They started to hit stride late in the game last night but overall they were pretty inefficient and completed only about 30% of their passes. Max is a big, strong kid who can make all the throws just needs to lock down timing with his receivers. Also would like to see the Irish improve on 3rd down as well, 6-20 last night compared to Moeller who went 5-5. Overall, Cathedral is off to a great start, just hope they aren't looking ahead and get caught off guard. I know coach Streiff will have the guy's ready. I think Cathedral wins this one pretty convincingly 42-7.

LC gashed Chatard but Cathedral shut them down? They scored 10 points against us and 14 against Cathedral. So either both teams shut them down or both teams got gashed. Or maybe both teams had a pretty good defensive night. No doubt Cathedral's offense was far better against LC than Chatard's.

LC gashed Chatard but Cathedral shut them down? They scored 10 points against us and 14 against Cathedral. So either both teams shut them down or both teams got gashed. Or maybe both teams had a pretty good defensive night. No doubt Cathedral's offense was far better against LC than Chatard's.

Doaks ran for 200 yards alone last night. The entire LC team ran for a combined 50 yards. Chatard was bend but don't break last night but LC still moved the ball at relative will.

Bend don't break for sure! I kept saying that myself in the stands last night. LOL

Both of LC's touchdowns against Cathedral came off interception returns, with one going for a TD and the other being returned to the 1 before LC punched it in.  Cathedral's defense completely manhandled LC's offense.  LC didn't even average 2 yards per carry and they only gained 73 total offensive yards all game.

Edited by LC Bears 04

Hope as many Cavemen fans will travel to Indy for this game.  Great hosts and they know how to welcome you and tailgate before the game.  Anxious to see how the Irish go after the Mishawaka Offense.  Not sure when they have faced an offense like that before.

Hope as many Cavemen fans will travel to Indy for this game. Great hosts and they know how to welcome you and tailgate before the game. Anxious to see how the Irish go after the Mishawaka Offense. Not sure when they have faced an offense like that before.

Cathedral played Mishawaka in the 2012 state championship and won 56-29. I do remember them having a very unique offense and they had an exceptional athlete at QB. That offense requires disciplined assignment football from the defense.

Arsenal Tech HS....Natural grass or field turf?

Arsenal Tech HS....Natural grass or field turf?

Field turf

Tech is a great place to watch a game! saw the Irish play Zionsville and Terre Haute North there last year. If i am not mistaken either New England or New York practiced there at some point during the Super Bowl in Indy plenty of parking easy to get in and out of should be a great atmosphere for the Cavemen players and fans to play in! Good Luck to both teams Cathedral without a doubt to be favored but thats why you play the game!

Tech has the NFL turf that was used at UIndy's "bubble during practice for the Super Bowl.  It's a very fast surface!

And I agree that the Tech stadium is an excellent venue for football.

Actually Cathedral played Zionsville and Terre Haute North at Tech in 2013.

For the Mishawaka fans (of legal drinking age) making the trip down for the game: the Flat 12 Brewery is just a couple blocks away from Tech H.S., and I'd highly recommend a pre-game stop off at their tasting room for a pint or two of the Pogue's Run Porter.    

For the Mishawaka fans (of legal drinking age) making the trip down for the game: the Flat 12 Brewery is just a couple blocks away from Tech H.S., and I'd highly recommend a pre-game stop off at their tasting room for a pint or two of the Pogue's Run Porter.

Glad to see you back! :)

Thanks for the recommendation.  Can anybody tell me if City BBQ is Carmel is good or not??  Thanks.